Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Five Point Protest being launched 21:24 - Mar 5 with 7896 viewsMullet

Seems this is going about now. Objectively it seems a 180 from the noises made in August-October which begs why they weren't concerns then I guess.

I wonder where this will lead.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Five Point Protest being launched on 10:00 - Mar 6 with 336 viewsGuthrum

When was the last time we sold players 'cheaply'? Or let 'sellable assets' (who we didn't need on the pitch*) leave for free? Or sell youth players 'for a pittance' (the values being set by an independant assessor, when disputed).

* Are they suggesting we should have sold David McGoldrick in January 2018, just when we thought he was coming back into the team after injury?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Five Point Protest being launched on 10:01 - Mar 6 with 331 viewsChrisd

Five Point Protest being launched on 09:56 - Mar 6 by Oxford_Blue

That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying they the demise is obvious but the reasons are not. Apart from two transfer windows, one five years ago unconnected to relegation and the other whilst we were top two or three, neither of which would have necessarily changed things anyway given that the millions spent before did nothing, I can’t see what Evans has done so badly. He picks the management and trusts them to get on with it. He has supported managers but we have to accept he doesn’t have the funds in cash to compete. Just look at Companies House. His companies are making little profit. The market has collapsed.

It's not just two transfer windows Oxford Blue, you asked for an example and I gave you two straight away, there are plenty of other examples throughout his tenure. If you can't see his failings since his arrival then it's pointless having this discussion. Going to leave this for others to respond to now.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Five Point Protest being launched on 10:04 - Mar 6 with 323 viewsOxford_Blue

Five Point Protest being launched on 10:01 - Mar 6 by Chrisd

It's not just two transfer windows Oxford Blue, you asked for an example and I gave you two straight away, there are plenty of other examples throughout his tenure. If you can't see his failings since his arrival then it's pointless having this discussion. Going to leave this for others to respond to now.

Well ok but I asked for examples and I’m addressing those you gave.

You haven’t provided any more - just asserted that there more - and are leaving it to others.

My question wasn’t what has he ever done wrong. It was what has he done (or not done) that had directly or significantly caused our current position and why was it unreasonable for him to have done so.
Five Point Protest being launched on 10:24 - Mar 6 with 308 viewsitfcjoe

Five Point Protest being launched on 10:00 - Mar 6 by Guthrum

When was the last time we sold players 'cheaply'? Or let 'sellable assets' (who we didn't need on the pitch*) leave for free? Or sell youth players 'for a pittance' (the values being set by an independant assessor, when disputed).

* Are they suggesting we should have sold David McGoldrick in January 2018, just when we thought he was coming back into the team after injury?

It's just an empty point that could be made about nearly every club in the league.

Buy better players, and sell your players on at exactly the right time for a high fee

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024