Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please 18:58 - Mar 8 with 11325 viewsBrixtonBlue

Packing up and moving on. Last day in Brixton today after 8.5 years, moving in with the GF tomorrow (in Crystal Palace). I have wine, just need music while I pack up all my worldly belongings. I'm in a guitar riff mood.

Give me some songs with riffs like this one (kicks in at 1:27... it's a great video as well).

Cheers in advance.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 22:44 - Mar 8 with 1293 viewsPhilTWTD

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 21:55 - Mar 8 by BrixtonBlue

Sounds a bit like Neds...

[Post edited 8 Mar 2020 22:02]

I saw them at Hull Adelphi. Buffalo Tom sounded less frantic than that most of the time.

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 23:03 - Mar 8 with 1281 viewsMelford

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 21:04 - Mar 8 by BrixtonBlue

Not heard of them but that was nice. Reminded me a little of Teenage Fanclub.

Here's a lovely Teenage Fanclub song about getting out of the city and setting up home.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 23:36 - Mar 8 with 1260 viewsFather_Jack

Less is more.

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 00:05 - Mar 9 with 1246 viewsWeWereZombies

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 19:59 - Mar 8 by thebooks

Krautrock’s not really riff music, but then I remembered:

Aahh, Ash Ra were just wall to wall guitar wig out, Kraan rocked enough, although Michael Karoli was a jazzer really there are still a pack of riffs embedded in the Can albums and as for Faust - it's a shame I can't dig up anything from the Faust Tapes on YouTube because that has some of the wildest riffs so this will have to do:

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 00:19 - Mar 9 with 1238 viewsBlueBadger

Pretty much anything by Songhoy Blues
Feel the funk, feel the groove, feel the blues.

and

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 00:27 - Mar 9 with 1229 viewsWeWereZombies

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 00:19 - Mar 9 by BlueBadger

Pretty much anything by Songhoy Blues
Feel the funk, feel the groove, feel the blues.

and

Well if we are going down that route

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 00:28 - Mar 9 with 1226 viewsBlueBadger

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 00:27 - Mar 9 by WeWereZombies

Well if we are going down that route

Upvote satright away for Tiniwarien. No one does a groove like them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 00:36 - Mar 9 with 1223 viewsWeWereZombies

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 00:28 - Mar 9 by BlueBadger

Upvote satright away for Tiniwarien. No one does a groove like them.

In a similar vein

I was so bloody lucky to get to Mali and Festival sur L'Niger in 2008, virtually impossible now. Even got to Ali Farka Toure's family home and was shown around including the shrine room they had for him.

Another bit of desert blues for you

Login to get fewer ads

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 01:26 - Mar 9 with 1209 viewsBrixtonBlue

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 21:12 - Mar 8 by monytowbray

This is a long forgotten hardcore-influenced indie band from the UK that suddenly had like 6 months of big Myspace hype then broke up. Not even on spotify but there’s some riffs in this...

I liked that.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 09:02 - Mar 9 with 1139 viewsthebooks

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 00:05 - Mar 9 by WeWereZombies

Aahh, Ash Ra were just wall to wall guitar wig out, Kraan rocked enough, although Michael Karoli was a jazzer really there are still a pack of riffs embedded in the Can albums and as for Faust - it's a shame I can't dig up anything from the Faust Tapes on YouTube because that has some of the wildest riffs so this will have to do:

Yes, I had a think about this. Can are more about rhythm to me, although there’s the two note riff in Mother Sky... Faust definitely, even the 2000s albums. The Chetva Buddha one on the Faust Tapes springs to mind.

Anyway, any excuse to play Mother Sky:

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 20:38 - Mar 9 with 1103 viewsWeWereZombies

You want riffs in a groovy seventies stylee?
Your favourite cheese is edam or leerdammer?
You want buxom Dutch girls dancing badly?
Well, here is this anyway:

Songs with groovy guitar riffs required please on 21:32 - Mar 9 with 1086 viewsBugs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024