Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mikel Arteta tests positive 22:29 - Mar 12 with 6248 viewsJ2BLUE

Football gets nearer and nearer being suspended/cancelled.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 07:45 - Mar 13 with 791 viewsGaryCooper

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 06:50 - Mar 13 by GlasgowBlue

I was reading that

1. A western democracy couldn’t take the sort of measures introduced in China

2. By going into complete lockdown the Chinese population aren’t building up any immunity which will be catastrophic when the virus returns again in December.

My good friend is on a cardiac ward, the hospital is still accepting visitors which to me sounds crazy.
Mikel Arteta tests positive on 08:23 - Mar 13 with 733 viewsGuthrum

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 07:00 - Mar 13 by TractorWood

There are so many unknowns. It seems those in the UK more likely to be tested are starting to show up as positive.

The government announced yesterday that it is only testing in hospitals from today which is actually a reasonable change of position. It means people with mild symptoms have to stay at home and whether it's covid or other illness is irrelevant as the advice is the same, assuming the symptoms remain mild.

To me this means the Government is gearing up from its real impact being on the horizon to it being on the doorstep.

The Prem will clearly get suspended today. Wider football league is likely to follow suit. I think the Government will look a bit silly when this happens and they will impose further restrictions.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 7:08]

Bear in mind that if football suspends itself, rather than the Government ordering it to, that has significant implications over organisation and finances/compensation - even blame.

You can't sit self-isolated at home grumbling that "the Government took my football away" when they didn't.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 08:26 - Mar 13 with 724 viewsGuthrum

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 06:50 - Mar 13 by GlasgowBlue

I was reading that

1. A western democracy couldn’t take the sort of measures introduced in China

2. By going into complete lockdown the Chinese population aren’t building up any immunity which will be catastrophic when the virus returns again in December.

Or, indeed, as soon as the lockdown is lifted and the first people come in from outside.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 08:33 - Mar 13 with 699 viewsLeaky

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 07:45 - Mar 13 by GaryCooper

My good friend is on a cardiac ward, the hospital is still accepting visitors which to me sounds crazy.

I had to attend a clinic at Royal Papworth Hospital on Wednesday I shook hands with the Consultant. No one seemed that bothered with Coronavirus apart from asking you use hand cleanser.
Mikel Arteta tests positive on 09:41 - Mar 13 with 650 viewshoppy

Following on from that...

Accrington's League One game at Portsmouth tomorrow is postponed. Pompey's players and staff are self-isolating after playing Arsenal last week.

The Gunners boss Mikel Arteta has tested positive for coronavirus
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 9:49]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 09:50 - Mar 13 with 628 viewsGaryCooper

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 08:33 - Mar 13 by Leaky

I had to attend a clinic at Royal Papworth Hospital on Wednesday I shook hands with the Consultant. No one seemed that bothered with Coronavirus apart from asking you use hand cleanser.

My good friend whom I previously mentioned is planned to go to Papworth, he is a little concerned that visitors are not limited where he is, the whole ward must be on the high risk list?
Mikel Arteta tests positive on 10:04 - Mar 13 with 612 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 09:41 - Mar 13 by hoppy

Following on from that...

Accrington's League One game at Portsmouth tomorrow is postponed. Pompey's players and staff are self-isolating after playing Arsenal last week.

The Gunners boss Mikel Arteta has tested positive for coronavirus
[Post edited 13 Mar 2020 9:49]

Peterborough player also confirmed to have it and they do not want to travel.

It stops today, i reckon they cancel the euros and then finish the season in the summer.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 14:35 - Mar 13 with 567 viewsLeaky

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 09:50 - Mar 13 by GaryCooper

My good friend whom I previously mentioned is planned to go to Papworth, he is a little concerned that visitors are not limited where he is, the whole ward must be on the high risk list?

If he/she is going to Papworth, you have your own room with ensuite shower room. Antiseptic soap, room clean twice a day so should be ok
Login to get fewer ads

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 14:46 - Mar 13 with 557 viewsLord_Lucan

Mikel Arteta tests positive on 00:23 - Mar 13 by vapour_trail

True.

What’s your sense of China though compared to the stats proffered at the uk press conference this afternoon and potential uk casualties. In China, the worst affected country to date, there have been just under 81,000 cases to date out of a population of 1.3 billion, that's 0.006%.

Yesterday, Wednesday, there were only 15 new cases in the whole of mainland China.

China has been very robust in quarantining however. The uk is increasingly, an extreme outlier in terms of national response to this crisis.

China has dealt with this remarkably, I know they created the problem but I struggle to think of any other country that could have dealt with it better.

There are strict controls still but the factories are working and largely people are getting on with their life.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024