Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work 17:54 - Mar 17 with 1659 viewsMullet

Essentially the lack of clarity from the government has forced us to shut as the amount of staff who could be or live with someone in the "at risk" group means we can't operate safely tomorrow or beyond.

This isn't totally Boris' fault, but it strikes me that the main priority seems to be he doesn't want any action that could be interpreted negatively pinned to his name. "Boris shut the schools" etc. plays badly and on his mind more than anything.

I'm gutted for the kids who have worked really hard, and fear for the ones who come from crap homes and don't/won't get fed etc. will be easy prey for local scumbags.

Strange and interesting times, I could be back in the classroom soon or off for 12 weeks or more. Never known anything like it. I got home at 5pm in a third of the usual time. What this will do the current generation is anybody's guess.

Hope you all are safe and well.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 17:58 - Mar 17 with 1599 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Just been told Saxmundham Free school now closed due to lack of staff (And pupils!)
https://www.saxmundhamschool.org.uk
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 18:00]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 18:02 - Mar 17 with 1565 viewsNewcyBlue

The school my niece goes to is being shut.

Her home life isn’t the best. I took her out for her birthday just so she could spend time away from all the normal rubbish in her life.

The ramifications of all this are going to be felt for many years I think. This is going to tip people over the edge into places they shouldn’t be.

Hope all is well there Mullet. Best of luck to your students.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 18:34 - Mar 17 with 1455 viewsjas0999

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 17:58 - Mar 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

Just been told Saxmundham Free school now closed due to lack of staff (And pupils!)
https://www.saxmundhamschool.org.uk
[Post edited 17 Mar 2020 18:00]

Given the option today to take ‘at risk’ children out of school as authorised absence. My son is asthmatic so after careful consideration decided to take him out. Suspect this is phase one of a full school shut down.
Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 09:50 - Mar 18 with 1122 viewsMullet

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 18:02 - Mar 17 by NewcyBlue

The school my niece goes to is being shut.

Her home life isn’t the best. I took her out for her birthday just so she could spend time away from all the normal rubbish in her life.

The ramifications of all this are going to be felt for many years I think. This is going to tip people over the edge into places they shouldn’t be.

Hope all is well there Mullet. Best of luck to your students.

Cheers mate.

I woke up to the email equivalent of battle stations. We stayed late last night to set up google classrooms and other digital resources.

I've had two kids email me worried about missing the exams/not getting their grades and one piece of work to mark already.

Think it'll settle into a slow arduous slog in the next few weeks as people realise how bad it can get, relative to normal. We were told not to release details yet, but it might be out there by now. One company is stepping in with food vouchers and have pledged hundreds of thousands already.

We really shouldn't need or be so used to such charity in a country supposedly as wealthy as ours.

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 09:54 - Mar 18 with 1112 viewsmonytowbray

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 09:50 - Mar 18 by Mullet

Cheers mate.

I woke up to the email equivalent of battle stations. We stayed late last night to set up google classrooms and other digital resources.

I've had two kids email me worried about missing the exams/not getting their grades and one piece of work to mark already.

Think it'll settle into a slow arduous slog in the next few weeks as people realise how bad it can get, relative to normal. We were told not to release details yet, but it might be out there by now. One company is stepping in with food vouchers and have pledged hundreds of thousands already.

We really shouldn't need or be so used to such charity in a country supposedly as wealthy as ours.

The system is f*cked mate. I'm hoping it wakes more people up, if we can try and take positives from all this.

Good luck with it all. Spend your time at home trying to invent the ultimate burger.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 09:56 - Mar 18 with 1097 viewsReuser_is_God

I got into the office later than usual today & there were no more than 20 cars in the car park - usually there will be 120-150 by half 8.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 10:03 - Mar 18 with 1068 viewshampstead_blue

It must be desperately sad to see those poor children who come to school for a 'break' and food.
Tip my hat to you for what you do.

Our local schools, Wilts, are still in and we are ignoring everything which doesn't come from a Gov scientist from behind a lecturn. Too many people crowing about BJ.

It's good that there are charities to offer that level of support. Probably funded by Gov grants I'd add.

Anyhow, stay well.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 11:18 - Mar 18 with 946 viewsMullet

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 10:03 - Mar 18 by hampstead_blue

It must be desperately sad to see those poor children who come to school for a 'break' and food.
Tip my hat to you for what you do.

Our local schools, Wilts, are still in and we are ignoring everything which doesn't come from a Gov scientist from behind a lecturn. Too many people crowing about BJ.

It's good that there are charities to offer that level of support. Probably funded by Gov grants I'd add.

Anyhow, stay well.

Appreciate that.

I have to say though I disagree in principle and you're not correct, this particular company is entirely self-made as it were and part of their ethos is to do stuff like this. If anything they are showing the government how it should be done on a small scale.

I appreciate that isn't necessarily feasible given the state we are in for everyone everywhere. But they should not be forced to redirect this much money so quickly.

Login to get fewer ads

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 11:23 - Mar 18 with 932 viewsSwansea_Blue

So can you do anything from home or are you off-off? Our schools are planning on setting online course work and keeping in touching daily with the kids.

I'm lucky/unlucky that can carry on working from home and not notice much of a difference.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 11:26 - Mar 18 with 922 viewsMullet

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 11:23 - Mar 18 by Swansea_Blue

So can you do anything from home or are you off-off? Our schools are planning on setting online course work and keeping in touching daily with the kids.

I'm lucky/unlucky that can carry on working from home and not notice much of a difference.

I'm already well ahead compared to most of my colleagues because I set up digital learning stuff years ago. So from a personal perspective, I'm now just trying to make as many resources, lessons, videos etc to help and sharing them on social media for teachers and kids without.

I've done a fair bit already this morning so if this continues at least there will be lots of stuff for future generations too.

There are loads of apps, platforms and resources out there. If anyone needs stuff for their kids I'll do my best to help find it or someone who can help.

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 11:31 - Mar 18 with 895 viewsSwansea_Blue

Been sent home, no idea upon returning to work on 11:26 - Mar 18 by Mullet

I'm already well ahead compared to most of my colleagues because I set up digital learning stuff years ago. So from a personal perspective, I'm now just trying to make as many resources, lessons, videos etc to help and sharing them on social media for teachers and kids without.

I've done a fair bit already this morning so if this continues at least there will be lots of stuff for future generations too.

There are loads of apps, platforms and resources out there. If anyone needs stuff for their kids I'll do my best to help find it or someone who can help.

Good stuff. Pretty good to have a focus through being stuck at home too I imagine.

Our kids get a lot of learning material through a Welsh learning platform controlled by the schools, but if you're happy to recommend any open sources for 9-12 years olds I'd be all ears. No t abiggy as we're fine for now, but might be a nice resource for those on here with kids (I feel another sticky coming on). Even if it's more fun activity stuff - we've got no plan to home school them to Oxbridge entry exam standards!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024