Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London is empty 13:34 - Mar 20 with 1367 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Never seen Marylebone or the tube like it. Barely anyone around and everyone’s making a conscious effort to stay at least 2m away from each other.

Loads of people wearing masks and latex style gloves.

Very weird atmosphere this.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

London is empty on 13:50 - Mar 20 with 1304 viewsSteve_M

Just been out on Hampstead Heath for some fresh air. That's quiet, Kentish Town Road on the way up is busier than I expected, quieter than normal but not as quiet as central London. That fits with what Stokey and others have been suggesting this week that the message isn't really getting through.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

London is empty on 13:53 - Mar 20 with 1291 viewsITFC_Forever

Ipswich seems almost normal based on the evidence of driving around at lunchtimes this week, with the exception of empty shelves in the supermarkets and long queues outside shops like butchers.

Certainly doesn't seem to be any less people driving about, and the morning commute from IP2, over the bridge and in to Ransomes Europark certainly doesn't seem much quicker than usual.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

London is empty on 14:02 - Mar 20 with 1264 viewsKieran_Knows

London is empty on 13:53 - Mar 20 by ITFC_Forever

Ipswich seems almost normal based on the evidence of driving around at lunchtimes this week, with the exception of empty shelves in the supermarkets and long queues outside shops like butchers.

Certainly doesn't seem to be any less people driving about, and the morning commute from IP2, over the bridge and in to Ransomes Europark certainly doesn't seem much quicker than usual.

The commute to Marks Tey every day and back is a lot better though. Normally around 40-45 minutes from Sproughton, but has took 25 minutes all week.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

London is empty on 14:08 - Mar 20 with 1228 viewshomer_123

London is empty on 13:50 - Mar 20 by Steve_M

Just been out on Hampstead Heath for some fresh air. That's quiet, Kentish Town Road on the way up is busier than I expected, quieter than normal but not as quiet as central London. That fits with what Stokey and others have been suggesting this week that the message isn't really getting through.

Yep, one suspects stronger measures will need to be put in place sooner, rather than later.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

London is empty on 14:19 - Mar 20 with 1186 viewsmonytowbray

London is empty on 14:08 - Mar 20 by homer_123

Yep, one suspects stronger measures will need to be put in place sooner, rather than later.

Outside of London is very different. I see people having a pop at Londoners but massive population and there's still going to be a lot of people on transport due to having to work.

But then in the countryside and rural areas I don't think the seriousness as quite hit home.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

London is empty on 14:24 - Mar 20 with 1153 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Aldeburgh resembles Piccadilly Circus!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

London is empty on 14:26 - Mar 20 with 1145 viewsSteve_M

London is empty on 14:08 - Mar 20 by homer_123

Yes, I was a little surprised given the trend I had seen earlier in the week was much more positive. Suspect that a lot of localised variation will continue.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

London is empty on 14:29 - Mar 20 with 1136 viewsmonytowbray

London is empty on 14:26 - Mar 20 by Steve_M

Yes, I was a little surprised given the trend I had seen earlier in the week was much more positive. Suspect that a lot of localised variation will continue.

This virus is just getting started here too. I dread to think where we'll be in two weeks.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Login to get fewer ads

London is empty on 14:32 - Mar 20 with 1120 viewshomer_123

London is empty on 14:26 - Mar 20 by Steve_M

Def the case there are variations.

Where I am in Essex - lots of people out and about but all seem to be pretty sensible - saying that I suspect they are out and about and doing what they need to do before they can't.

If this is the approach the Gov wants to take (social distancing), then unless they can get the message across very quickly that people really 'must' do it - it's hard to see them not implementing a lockdown (or something that resembles it in all but name).

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

London is empty on 14:50 - Mar 20 with 1086 viewsBlueBadger

London is empty on 14:24 - Mar 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Aldeburgh resembles Piccadilly Circus!

Full of annoying Londoners talking loudly to each other?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

London is empty on 15:51 - Mar 20 with 1026 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

London is empty on 14:50 - Mar 20 by BlueBadger

Full of annoying Londoners talking loudly to each other?

Definitely not keeping social distance by all accounts....bloody Remainers!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024