Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus 16:11 - Mar 22 with 6404 viewsBluesquid

"The country's high death toll is due to an ageing population, overstretched health system and the way fatalities are reported."

"Prof Ricciardi added that Italy’s death rate may also appear high because of how doctors record fatalities."

“The way in which we code deaths in our country is very generous in the sense that all the people who die in hospitals with the coronavirus are deemed to be dying of the coronavirus."

"“On re-evaluation by the National Institute of Health, only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/have-many-coronavi
Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 18:08 - Mar 22 with 1057 viewssparks

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 18:05 - Mar 22 by Bluesquid

Read BullyBlue's first post in this thread - "Also that article isn't conclusive - he specifically says "may" in his quote".

I never said the article was conclusive i said it was interesting which i am sure it is for many.

You are either not reading things, or are wilfully being deceitful.

The questionw as not "why did you say it was conclusive". No one has said that. You are using a straw man to avoid the point.

Just stop it.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 18:18 - Mar 22 with 1036 viewsBluesquid

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 18:08 - Mar 22 by sparks

You are either not reading things, or are wilfully being deceitful.

The questionw as not "why did you say it was conclusive". No one has said that. You are using a straw man to avoid the point.

Just stop it.

He claimed that part of the article was not conclusive, it's right there at the top of the page but you know that.
Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 18:36 - Mar 22 with 1008 viewssparks

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 18:18 - Mar 22 by Bluesquid

He claimed that part of the article was not conclusive, it's right there at the top of the page but you know that.

It was not the point put to you. Disingenuous.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 18:38 - Mar 22 with 1008 viewsWD19

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 18:08 - Mar 22 by HurleyBurley

I'm not sure that keeping anxiety levels sky-high is good for public health either. My parents are in their 80's and live in Suffolk. I've just called my mum to wish her happy Mothers' Day and she's a bit of an anxious wreck at the moment. Neither my mum or dad believed the reports coming from Italy and prefer to live a life of fear in isolation.

The stress caused by the fear of possible imminent death is not good for anyone, least of all the elderly.

That’s a very good point. But I am not sure what the answer is. 60 million people hear things 60 million different ways. Some people are currently hunkered down, terrified; making themselves ill with worry. Others are carrying on regardless because of ‘British Liberty’.

As the chief medical officer said today, it’s probably best to stick to the principles of what we need to achieve.
This post seems to infer that the UK are in some way going to be in a better... on 18:52 - Mar 22 with 997 viewsunstableblue

.... place than Italy!!!

We have significantly lower quantities of ventilators than Italy and are massively behind Germany.

Critically both those countries have tangible increases going on; our approach is very questionable and we simply do not have some of parts or ability to manufacture them.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 18:54 - Mar 22 with 993 viewscatch74

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 17:45 - Mar 22 by Bluesquid

Np, yes they are Italy's health experts but im beginning to lose faith in them tbh, i dunno really, just feels like they are downplaying the whole crisis with their official statistics and findings.

Calm your tits.

How can 1,200 deaths vs 24,000 deaths be much worse?

Bluesquid - you posted this a few days ago about Italy Coronavirus v Flu- are you beginning to realise how utterly blinkered and uninformed you are. You were replying to Stokie, so any grief or short thrift you give him on the subject is totally understandable.

My concern is you should really be so ashamed of that post, so why come back to the exact same subject. You’re like a moth drawn to a bright light. Just stop.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 19:05 - Mar 22 with 975 viewsBluesquid

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 18:54 - Mar 22 by catch74

Calm your tits.

How can 1,200 deaths vs 24,000 deaths be much worse?

Bluesquid - you posted this a few days ago about Italy Coronavirus v Flu- are you beginning to realise how utterly blinkered and uninformed you are. You were replying to Stokie, so any grief or short thrift you give him on the subject is totally understandable.

My concern is you should really be so ashamed of that post, so why come back to the exact same subject. You’re like a moth drawn to a bright light. Just stop.

"My concern is you should really be so ashamed of that post, so why come back to the exact same subject. You’re like a moth drawn to a bright light. Just stop."

The subject i highlighted in this thread is not about the flu Catch, i haven't come back to that subject.

It's about the recording of fatalities, the way they are reported and the re-evaluation that has taken place which i am sure you have read about in the article.

It's about accuracy is it not? Isn't that what we all want to see?
Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 19:14 - Mar 22 with 961 viewscatch74

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 19:05 - Mar 22 by Bluesquid

"My concern is you should really be so ashamed of that post, so why come back to the exact same subject. You’re like a moth drawn to a bright light. Just stop."

The subject i highlighted in this thread is not about the flu Catch, i haven't come back to that subject.

It's about the recording of fatalities, the way they are reported and the re-evaluation that has taken place which i am sure you have read about in the article.

How many people do you personally believe have died as a result of Coronavirus in Italy so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 19:21 - Mar 22 with 951 viewscatch74

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 19:05 - Mar 22 by Bluesquid

It’s got a lot worse than this, from 2 days ago. Watch and take in - you may not mean it but your general posting comes across as someone who does not believe anything serious is occurring. I’m probably the 5th or 6th person to point this out. Do stop please, this is going to get a whole lot worse.

https://apple.news/AS6xalkteQtqLc_vI8lGJsQ

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 19:30 - Mar 22 with 940 viewsjeera

The point is, why do you care enough to keep repeating it?

What do you get out of it?

It's not normal behaviour, however you dress it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 20:36 - Mar 22 with 905 viewsBluesquid

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 19:14 - Mar 22 by catch74

How many people do you personally believe have died as a result of Coronavirus in Italy so far?

The experts at the National Institute of Health in Italy have said that only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus which i admit is still a worryingly high percent.

The experts at the ISS in Italy have said that they are carrying out an epidemiological investigation and will publish the results when the report is finished.

2 weeks ago i said that we should firmly listen to the experts and i stand by that comment as we await the results.
Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 20:38 - Mar 22 with 897 viewscatch74

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 20:36 - Mar 22 by Bluesquid

The experts at the National Institute of Health in Italy have said that only 12 per cent of death certificates have shown a direct causality from coronavirus which i admit is still a worryingly high percent.

The experts at the ISS in Italy have said that they are carrying out an epidemiological investigation and will publish the results when the report is finished.

2 weeks ago i said that we should firmly listen to the experts and i stand by that comment as we await the results.

It’s got a lot worse than this, from 2 days ago. Watch and take in - you may not mean it but your general posting comes across as someone who does not believe anything serious is occurring. I’m probably the 5th or 6th person to point this out. Do stop please, this is going to get a whole lot worse.

https://apple.news/AS6xalkteQtqLc_vI8lGJsQ

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 20:41 - Mar 22 with 897 viewsBluesquid

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 19:30 - Mar 22 by jeera

The point is, why do you care enough to keep repeating it?

What do you get out of it?

It's not normal behaviour, however you dress it.

"It's not normal behaviour, however you dress it."

Nor is veiled bullying, you know, like calling people an utter tool and an idiot because you dislike their pov.
Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 20:49 - Mar 22 with 879 viewsWD19

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 20:41 - Mar 22 by Bluesquid

Nor is veiled bullying, you know, like calling people an utter tool and an idiot because you dislike their pov.

Nobody is calling you an utter tool or an idiot because they dislike your pov.
Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 20:52 - Mar 22 with 875 viewsBluesquid

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 20:49 - Mar 22 by WD19

Erm, you'd better have a little word with Jeera then.

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 20:54 - Mar 22 with 871 viewscatch74

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 20:52 - Mar 22 by Bluesquid

Whooooooooossshhhh.

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 20:56 - Mar 22 with 866 viewsjeera

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 20:52 - Mar 22 by Bluesquid

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus by WD19 22 Mar 2020 20:49

It's always everyone else isn't it - but never you.

When you [re] joined the forum some months ago you responded to something or other I'd posted and my reply was that I'd not bother with you because I recognised your style.

You were all wide-eyed and bewildered and couldn't understand why anyone would think you were a waste of their time.

Once or twice since I wondered if I'd been wrong, but recently you've made me more confident that I was right in the first place, so thanks for that.

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 21:25 - Mar 22 with 843 viewsBluesquid

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 20:56 - Mar 22 by jeera

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus by WD19 22 Mar 2020 20:49

It's always everyone else isn't it - but never you.

When you [re] joined the forum some months ago you responded to something or other I'd posted and my reply was that I'd not bother with you because I recognised your style.

You were all wide-eyed and bewildered and couldn't understand why anyone would think you were a waste of their time.

Once or twice since I wondered if I'd been wrong, but recently you've made me more confident that I was right in the first place, so thanks for that.

"Something or other", oh ok then.

Look, i haven't got a problem with you and never have done and i haven't got a problem with anyone for that matter.

I remember a while back you described an incident where you had been having a meal in a restaurant or something and got into an altercation and got clobbered on the way home by some absolute a***hole coward.

When you described what bad shape you was in i was genuinely, totally gutted for you Jeera and felt really moved and angry by the injustice of it all and felt really sorry for you and was going to add to that thread where you described it all but i knew you had a problem with me and so i figured it wouldn't be welcomed by you because of a previous reaction from you to a reply i had made so i held off which was a shame.

There's not much i can do if you can't actually explain what it was i done to upset you and as you don't seem to like my "style" the only thing i can suggest is sticking me on ignore.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 21:30]
Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 21:28 - Mar 22 with 837 viewsBluesquid

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 20:54 - Mar 22 by catch74

Whooooooooossshhhh.

I think the Whooooooooossshhhh is on you my friend.
Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 21:33 - Mar 22 with 827 viewsStokieBlue

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 20:41 - Mar 22 by Bluesquid

I'm calling you an idiot and a tool and it's not because I dislike your pov.

I dislike the misuse of facts to make narrative driven points. I dislike the use of selective evidence to make narrative driven points. I dislike the playing down of serious issues to make narrative driven points.

All of your posts on here are narrative driven. I stand by my assessment that you're a tool and you've been unable to prove otherwise. You don't answer points put to you and latch on to small things in order to deflect from the main point. The actions of an utter tool and I daresay an idiot.

You can claim bullying if you want but until you address the actual points put to you it doesn't wash. Report this to Phil if you like and let him decide if it's bullying after looking at the utter drivel you post on here.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 21:41 - Mar 22 with 811 viewsjeera

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 21:25 - Mar 22 by Bluesquid

"Something or other", oh ok then.

Look, i haven't got a problem with you and never have done and i haven't got a problem with anyone for that matter.

I remember a while back you described an incident where you had been having a meal in a restaurant or something and got into an altercation and got clobbered on the way home by some absolute a***hole coward.

When you described what bad shape you was in i was genuinely, totally gutted for you Jeera and felt really moved and angry by the injustice of it all and felt really sorry for you and was going to add to that thread where you described it all but i knew you had a problem with me and so i figured it wouldn't be welcomed by you because of a previous reaction from you to a reply i had made so i held off which was a shame.

There's not much i can do if you can't actually explain what it was i done to upset you and as you don't seem to like my "style" the only thing i can suggest is sticking me on ignore.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 21:30]

That would have meant something had you spoken up at the time.

I could barely move for weeks and really some support would have been appreciated.

Belated thanks from me, but, you know.

Still the sentiment is there I guess, but like I say, a PM would have been nice if that's how you felt.

Edit: I will leave you in peace as a gesture of goodwill and thanks for your sentiment.

Extra edit: I did receive significant support from several posters - in case they think I've forgotten!
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 21:52]

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 21:47 - Mar 22 with 797 viewsBluesquid

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 21:33 - Mar 22 by StokieBlue

I'm calling you an idiot and a tool and it's not because I dislike your pov.

I dislike the misuse of facts to make narrative driven points. I dislike the use of selective evidence to make narrative driven points. I dislike the playing down of serious issues to make narrative driven points.

All of your posts on here are narrative driven. I stand by my assessment that you're a tool and you've been unable to prove otherwise. You don't answer points put to you and latch on to small things in order to deflect from the main point. The actions of an utter tool and I daresay an idiot.

You can claim bullying if you want but until you address the actual points put to you it doesn't wash. Report this to Phil if you like and let him decide if it's bullying after looking at the utter drivel you post on here.

SB

Well we call and pull up that sort of behaviour when we see it in our kids as it disgusts and repels us and it should be no different here.

lol, if someone didn't address a point i had requested i wouldn't resort to name calling, "the other posters" trick, etc, etc.

It's lower than a snakes belly but of course no surprise at all as you double down and attempt to justify bullying.
Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 21:53 - Mar 22 with 785 viewsBluesquid

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 21:41 - Mar 22 by jeera

That would have meant something had you spoken up at the time.

I could barely move for weeks and really some support would have been appreciated.

Belated thanks from me, but, you know.

Still the sentiment is there I guess, but like I say, a PM would have been nice if that's how you felt.

Edit: I will leave you in peace as a gesture of goodwill and thanks for your sentiment.

Extra edit: I did receive significant support from several posters - in case they think I've forgotten!
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 21:52]

Ok, well done mate and thank you Jeera and i really do hope that you have fully recovered.

Should of gone with my gut instinct and sent a goodwill message but there you go.

Thanks again.
Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 21:55 - Mar 22 with 776 viewsStokieBlue

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 21:47 - Mar 22 by Bluesquid

Well we call and pull up that sort of behaviour when we see it in our kids as it disgusts and repels us and it should be no different here.

lol, if someone didn't address a point i had requested i wouldn't resort to name calling, "the other posters" trick, etc, etc.

It's lower than a snakes belly but of course no surprise at all as you double down and attempt to justify bullying.

At least you finally have admitted you haven't and won't address the point.

What exactly is the point of you posting if you're unwilling to debate? Why do you continually play down the C-19 issues?

It's not bullying, it's just pathetic agenda driven nonsense from you, as it has been for years.

SB
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 21:55]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 21:58 - Mar 22 with 767 viewsBluesquid

Interesting article in The Telegraph re Italy and the coronavirus on 21:55 - Mar 22 by StokieBlue

At least you finally have admitted you haven't and won't address the point.

What exactly is the point of you posting if you're unwilling to debate? Why do you continually play down the C-19 issues?

It's not bullying, it's just pathetic agenda driven nonsense from you, as it has been for years.

SB
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 21:55]

F**k me, i have admitted nothing.

"You can claim bullying if you want but until you address the actual points put to you it doesn't wash."

So you are justifying bullying towards people if YOU adjudge that they have not addressed the points?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024