Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 5 part 6 09:10 - Apr 3 with 687 viewseastangliaisblue

Todays topic is your favourite ever town games.
Watching them on T.V doesn't count!

Wembley play-off final - To finally see Town at Wembley and win it, in what was the last season before Wembley was knocked down. Was just a dream come true.

Play-off semi vs Bolton - As i've said on a previous thread the atmosphere along with the high drama was like nothing else i've ever seen at Portman Road.

5-1 vs Norwich - The way we slaughtered them that day will live long in the memory.

2-1 vs Norwich 1996 - Just purely for the miss-kick and the pitch invasion. Remember it being a cracking atmosphere throughout.

2-1 vs Sheff Wed 1985 - This was my first ever game as a 5 year old. Got my Dad to finally take me and that was it from then i knew i was a town fan. I did like Liverpool before he took me just because i was a fickle 5 year old. That day changed me for good.
Top 5 part 6 on 09:14 - Apr 3 with 678 viewsgainsboroughblue

1. Bolton Play-off Semi-Final 2000
2. Barnsley Play-off final 2000
3. Liverpool Cup tie 1992
4. Norwich away 1992
5. Oxford Home 1986

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Top 5 part 6 on 09:15 - Apr 3 with 675 viewshampstead_blue

Play-off Semi v Bolton - by far the best

Home against Liverpool with Hansen in their team. We lost but I got to see a great Liverpool team.

The 5-1 against Norwich - of course!

During the 1980's against Norwich when I was a very young kid at Carrot Patch. I was living in Cromer at the time. My Dad got me and my brother in and we were lifted over the barrier behind the goal and stood in the gap between the terrace and hoardings. Can't remember the score but the atmosphere was amazing.

Inter Milan - Alun's header right in front of where I was sitting. Also watching Zanetti.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Top 5 part 6 on 11:09 - Apr 3 with 626 viewsPJH

1 Most dramatic-Bolton playoff home game.

2 Most meaningful-Barnsley playoff final because my son was with me.

3 Most longterm memorable-beating Villa 2-0 and becoming champions in 1962 and being there with my mum and late dad.

4. Wembley 6th May 1978 the moment Mick Mills lifted the trophy and getting a glimpse through all the blue and white flags and banners.

5 Any of the ten competitive wins I have seen us get at Carrot Rud.
Top 5 part 6 on 11:11 - Apr 3 with 621 viewsPendejo

Top 5 part 6 on 09:15 - Apr 3 by hampstead_blue

Play-off Semi v Bolton - by far the best

Home against Liverpool with Hansen in their team. We lost but I got to see a great Liverpool team.

The 5-1 against Norwich - of course!

During the 1980's against Norwich when I was a very young kid at Carrot Patch. I was living in Cromer at the time. My Dad got me and my brother in and we were lifted over the barrier behind the goal and stood in the gap between the terrace and hoardings. Can't remember the score but the atmosphere was amazing.

Inter Milan - Alun's header right in front of where I was sitting. Also watching Zanetti.

Chaps in my lifetime we've not beaten Naaridge 5-1, if you are referring to 21st Feb 1998 Alex Mathie 3 Bobby Petta 2, Naaridge were lucky to get 0.

Or are you both referring to a home defeat?e

Given claimed she's definitely not referring to April 77, which was also 5-0.

FWIW

A top 5 is so difficult, but I'll have a go... No particular order

Dozzell's debut. 2-1 win v Coventry 1984, Dozzy scored the winner. Goose bumps simply recalling it.

2-0 win v Everton Jan 77 my first game

Play off final 2000. Obvious reasons

4-1 win at Highbury in 1977, my first away game

First 4 are easy... 5th..

6-0 home win and we missed 3 penalties. 15 years later they repaid us with interest.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Top 5 part 6 on 12:49 - Apr 3 with 588 viewseastangliaisblue

Top 5 part 6 on 11:11 - Apr 3 by Pendejo

Chaps in my lifetime we've not beaten Naaridge 5-1, if you are referring to 21st Feb 1998 Alex Mathie 3 Bobby Petta 2, Naaridge were lucky to get 0.

Or are you both referring to a home defeat?e

Given claimed she's definitely not referring to April 77, which was also 5-0.

FWIW

A top 5 is so difficult, but I'll have a go... No particular order

Dozzell's debut. 2-1 win v Coventry 1984, Dozzy scored the winner. Goose bumps simply recalling it.

2-0 win v Everton Jan 77 my first game

Play off final 2000. Obvious reasons

4-1 win at Highbury in 1977, my first away game

First 4 are easy... 5th..

6-0 home win and we missed 3 penalties. 15 years later they repaid us with interest.

Yes i mean the 5-0. No idea why i put 5-1!
Top 5 part 6 on 13:01 - Apr 3 with 585 viewsfactual_blue

Play off semi
Play off final
1978 FA Cup semi final
1978 FA Cup 6th round
The demolition derby

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Top 5 part 6 on 13:27 - Apr 3 with 569 viewsjudespiveyg

1. Arsenal league cup semi final, the one win of any significance I've seen.

errrrrrrrm..

2. Newcastle 3-1 was the best I've seen us play in a league game, although it was a bit of a dead rubber for us.
3. Norwich play off purely for the celebration after Anderson's goal.
4. Coventry when Pablo scored. First game for me.
5. That game against Derby under the lights when Williams and Berra scored.
[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 13:37]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Top 5 part 6 on 14:04 - Apr 3 with 543 viewsEpiphone

1978 FA Cup Semi final

1978 FA Cup Final

Play off SF Bolton W

Play off Final Barnsley

6-0 win over Man U 79/80
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024