Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump "UK begging for ventilators" 09:44 - Apr 8 with 1365 viewsartsbossbeard

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-04-08/donald-trump-says-uk-has-asked-us-for-200-ve

If true, and it's Trump involved here so I'm taking it with a pinch of salt, this is quite unbelievable. The offer from the EU to form part of their procurement process a couple of weeks back was simply to save face with the Daliy Mail readership.

Criminal.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 09:49 - Apr 8 with 1333 viewsGuthrum

Afraid I'm deeply skeptical. 200 seems an oddly low number.

Possibly we asked if we could have some of the ones the USA is gazumping from everybody else's orders at the Chinese factories.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 09:52 - Apr 8 with 1314 viewsartsbossbeard

Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 09:49 - Apr 8 by Guthrum

Possibly we asked if we could have some of the ones the USA is gazumping from everybody else's orders at the Chinese factories.

Me also.

I find it difficult to understand how a man with so much power can get away with saying anything virtually unchallenged BUT when finally challenged, accuses people of being "nasty" and "anti-American".

The gazumping bit is real too- heard this from 2 credible sources now.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 10:01 - Apr 8 with 1271 viewsfactual_blue

Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 09:49 - Apr 8 by Guthrum

Or, like the 'forty days and nights' in the Bible, 'Two hundred' is what trump uses as the biggest number he can grasp. But then he does have tiny hands.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 10:04 - Apr 8 with 1260 viewslongtimefan

Do you by any chance have any figures for how many ventilators the EU have managed to procure through the Joint Procurement process, as I’ve been unable to find any information. Seen some reports that countries may get PPE deliveries next week but that’s about it, other than a Lithuanian report that Estonia was reverting to doing its own thing due to a lack of EU progress. That report is probably tainted by the fact that Lithuania opted out of the process too though.
Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 10:11 - Apr 8 with 1229 viewsPinewoodblue

Thought we only had 8,000 and that we expect to need 30,000 so seems strange that we would, if we asked for any, only ask for 200.

It is possible that among the ventilators the US have hijacked are 200 originally destined for the UK.

Hopefully at today’s Coronavirus update someone will ask if is true.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 10:15 - Apr 8 with 1214 viewsSwansea_Blue

It'll be ballacks. Although our 10,000 extra ventilators turned into a first batch of just 30. So we could still be scrabbling around and looking at small numbers.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 10:21 - Apr 8 with 1153 viewsBasuco

A bigger question is can the hospital wards deliver enough oxygen to those ventilators? The CPAP machines use less oxygen and have been successful, if the main point is true, it will be interesting how the government spin that we turned down an offer from the EU to get some but now can't get any.
Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 10:25 - Apr 8 with 1137 viewsLankHenners

It's a classic Trump bit - present America, and in his mind therefore himself, as a great superpower that everyone else reveres and comes begging to for help.

What's likely happened is some aide mentioned something about the UK inquiring about the amount of ventilators the US has and Trump re-worded it to make it sound, to him, much better.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 10:25 - Apr 8 with 1130 viewsBloomBlue

Maybe that's because the EU scheme hasn't obtained any ventilators yet, still trying to get agreements with suppliers
Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 10:26 - Apr 8 with 1136 viewsPinewoodblue

More worrying is the other coronavirus story to emerge overnight from the US. Some University research there has reached the conclusion that 40% of coronavirus related deaths in Europe will arise in the UK.

By my calculations this means, even if there are no further deaths on mainland Europe, another 16,000 will die in the UK. This ignores the fact that in both Spain and France over 7,000 cases are classified as critical.

2023 year of destiny

Trump on 10:35 - Apr 8 with 1102 viewslongtimefan

Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 10:26 - Apr 8 by Pinewoodblue

More worrying is the other coronavirus story to emerge overnight from the US. Some University research there has reached the conclusion that 40% of coronavirus related deaths in Europe will arise in the UK.

By my calculations this means, even if there are no further deaths on mainland Europe, another 16,000 will die in the UK. This ignores the fact that in both Spain and France over 7,000 cases are classified as critical.

I don’t know about the 40% bit but is that sort of number of potential additional deaths (16000) really that surprising given the CMO,from a quite early stage, said we’d being doing well to keep the number of deaths below 20000

Edit for clarification: I was talking about the 16000 additional deaths, not the 40% number.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 11:17]
Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 10:53 - Apr 8 with 1058 viewsPinewoodblue

Trump on 10:35 - Apr 8 by longtimefan

I don’t know about the 40% bit but is that sort of number of potential additional deaths (16000) really that surprising given the CMO,from a quite early stage, said we’d being doing well to keep the number of deaths below 20000

Edit for clarification: I was talking about the 16000 additional deaths, not the 40% number.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 11:17]

There are twice as many confirmed cases in France than in the UK and they have carried out even fewer tests than we have. Over 1,400 deaths reported in one day, yesterday, and they have over 7,000 hospitalised and classified as serious or critical.

Assuming the final figure for Europe reaches 100,000 then then US prediction would mean 40,000 UK deaths,

2023 year of destiny

Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 10:57 - Apr 8 with 1052 viewsChurchman

I wouldn’t believe anything Trump says. He is a very dangerous man. I suspect he’s trying to deflect away from the problems in his own country, not least in New York. I’ve seen footage of the state of one of their hospitals with bodies in black bags lying everywhere.
Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 11:00 - Apr 8 with 1047 viewsGuthrum

Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 10:26 - Apr 8 by Pinewoodblue

It's suggesting a UK death total of around 66k, with a daily rate up to nearly 3,000 - vastly in excess of anything seen anywhere else in the world.

Strikes me as yet another excercise in wild extrapolation of snapshots of data.

Trump's latest game on 11:03 - Apr 8 with 1043 viewsGuthrum

seems to be blaming the World Health Organisation for the spread of the disease, having been to pro-Chinese. He's also threatening to cut off the US portion of their funding.

Trump's latest game on 11:14 - Apr 8 with 1013 viewsBloomBlue

Trump's latest game on 11:03 - Apr 8 by Guthrum

seems to be blaming the World Health Organisation for the spread of the disease, having been to pro-Chinese. He's also threatening to cut off the US portion of their funding.

I have to agree with him on the China situation. The WHO are playing politics and too scared to criticise China for not informing the world as soon as it was discovered. Yes China has tried to help other Countries but that doesn't negate China's responsibility to be part pf the world and clearly in not informing the world from the start resulted in it spreading to other Countries
The WHO was setup to be independent and natural but consistent, they've criticised other Countries they should stop playing selective politics and be consistent, China fecked up they should be criticising China and explained it's China's lack of openness which has resulted in this pandemic
Trump's latest game on 11:41 - Apr 8 with 934 viewsfactual_blue

Trump's latest game on 11:03 - Apr 8 by Guthrum

It's the 5G network that's to blame.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Trump on 11:47 - Apr 8 with 918 viewsEireannach_gorm

Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 10:25 - Apr 8 by LankHenners

It's a classic Trump bit - present America, and in his mind therefore himself, as a great superpower that everyone else reveres and comes begging to for help.

What's likely happened is some aide mentioned something about the UK inquiring about the amount of ventilators the US has and Trump re-worded it to make it sound, to him, much better.

Seems he is doing a bit of begging himself.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-52180660
Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 11:54 - Apr 8 with 917 viewsfloridaboy

The man talks crap. If you want an insight to how to thinks and operates watch the daily news conferences from The White House. I watch on CNN and it is better than watching the comedy channel.

He is deluded. All he does is big himself up. He treats the press core with complete distain especially the females. And he hates CNN, often trying to belittle the reporter when he asks a question.

There is no way he would send ventilators to the UK when many states in the US are crying out for them. He goes as far as accusing some governors of hoarding vital equipment but wont name names.

Monday night after it was announced that Boris was in intensive care Trump even said that he had ordered 3 of the USAs biggest drug companies to go to the UK and go to the hospital to offer help. Crazy!!

Last night he ranted and raved and walked out leaving Mike Pence to carry on.

The man is unbelievable but so many over there think he is God and will do whatever he says. Can see him getting people back to work in the next few weeks. Watch the body count climb!
Trump's latest game on 11:54 - Apr 8 with 908 viewsPinewoodblue

Trump's latest game on 11:14 - Apr 8 by BloomBlue

I have to agree with him on the China situation. The WHO are playing politics and too scared to criticise China for not informing the world as soon as it was discovered. Yes China has tried to help other Countries but that doesn't negate China's responsibility to be part pf the world and clearly in not informing the world from the start resulted in it spreading to other Countries
The WHO was setup to be independent and natural but consistent, they've criticised other Countries they should stop playing selective politics and be consistent, China fecked up they should be criticising China and explained it's China's lack of openness which has resulted in this pandemic

Still find it annoying how China accused the rest of the world of being unreasonable when flights to China were banned. Yet they now ban flights to China from everywhere fearing a second wave.

2023 year of destiny

Trump "UK begging for ventilators" on 12:01 - Apr 8 with 898 viewsDurovigutum

I'm very pro EU.

I wouldn't have joined the EU procurement of ventilators scheme. Have you ever encountered OJEU? A procurement prevention scheme in my experience.

Seems their own people are also bailing...

....top EU science official resigned. Mauro Ferrari, who became president of the European Research Council on Jan. 1, said he was “extremely disappointed by the European response” to the Covid-19 pandemic and that he had “lost faith in the system itself.”

The news was first announced by the Financial Times, based on a statement released to the paper by Ferrari, who said he had “been extremely disappointed by the European response” to the pandemic. He complained about running into institutional and political obstacles as he sought to swiftly set up a scientific program to combat the virus.

https://apnews.com/5957c1695ad7f7db417c9645d4743be5
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024