Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town's new kit 2020-21 21:01 - Apr 18 with 3392 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Any news on the upcoming Adidas mark 7 kit for the Ipswich?

I have to say Adidas have failed to live up to expectations since 2014, bar the superb first two home kits and the first tangerine away. Would love puma or hummel to step in.

I reckon it'll be back to white sleeves and the away kit will be a strange black number.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 21:02]

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 21:10 - Apr 18 with 3353 viewsmonytowbray

I reckon the club won’t be ordering or announcing them any time soon.

Although the design was probably picked a couple of years ago. We knew the first 3 years of rotations when we signed the first contract. Someone ITK could probably tell you what kit we’l be wearing in 2022 if we still exist by then.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 21:28 - Apr 18 with 3318 viewsfabian_illness

I’m a bit fed up of Adidas.

What we need is a Hummel kit.
Town's new kit 2020-21 on 21:30 - Apr 18 with 3314 viewsmonytowbray

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 21:28 - Apr 18 by fabian_illness

I’m a bit fed up of Adidas.

What we need is a Hummel kit.

I’d take that!

Or Kappa. I want a really out-of-touch Sports brand harking back to the 80s/90s. Admiral would be class too.

As long as it’s not a brand now owned by Mike Ashley.

TWTD never forgets…

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 21:53 - Apr 18 with 3288 viewsSitfcB

Apparently we will have a new sponsor.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 22:36 - Apr 18 with 3241 viewsmonytowbray

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 21:53 - Apr 18 by SitfcB

Apparently we will have a new sponsor.

Amazon. Amazon will own football after this for exclusive game rights.

TWTD never forgets…

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 22:50 - Apr 18 with 3227 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 21:30 - Apr 18 by monytowbray

I’d take that!

Or Kappa. I want a really out-of-touch Sports brand harking back to the 80s/90s. Admiral would be class too.

As long as it’s not a brand now owned by Mike Ashley.

Admiral would be fantastic. They still make a few kits nowadays.

Back in 1988 they were set to do a deal with Town as their kit manufacturer but it fell through at a very late stage. Meant we ended up with the same kit for the third year in a row with adidas before moving to Umbro in '89.

I've told this story before but the Dutch and Soviet Union (red kit) designs at Euro '88 were called 'Ipswich' by adidas as they planned to make this the Town kit in the summer of 1988. However a new extended deal with adidas failed to materialise and Ipswich didn't see the point in changing their kit for just one season.

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 10:38 - Apr 19 with 2995 viewsGuthrum

The mask is apparently blue with white trim.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 10:51 - Apr 19 with 2966 viewsWD19

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 10:38 - Apr 19 by Guthrum

The mask is apparently blue with white trim.

That’s the home mask. It’s the ‘away’ mask I am most interested in.
Login to get fewer ads

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 11:08 - Apr 19 with 2964 viewsBLUEBEAT

Have seen a few new Adidas strips appearing...

Some nasty designs, for sure.

Traditional 3-Stripes dropped on just one shoulder and leading front/back, rather than along the shoulder.

Have said it many times before but we should have a genuine retro shirt with the trefoil logo. If we can’t have that with Adidas as our longterm kit sponsor, we never will.

Poll: W or W

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 13:07 - Apr 19 with 2935 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 10:51 - Apr 19 by WD19

That’s the home mask. It’s the ‘away’ mask I am most interested in.

Def info

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.disposable-supplier.com%2Fd

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 13:46 - Apr 19 with 2915 viewsmonytowbray

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 11:08 - Apr 19 by BLUEBEAT

Have seen a few new Adidas strips appearing...

Some nasty designs, for sure.

Traditional 3-Stripes dropped on just one shoulder and leading front/back, rather than along the shoulder.

Have said it many times before but we should have a genuine retro shirt with the trefoil logo. If we can’t have that with Adidas as our longterm kit sponsor, we never will.

Cost mate. Adidas only invest in custom kits for those who will globally sell millions. The rest get the cut and paste range. There is zero chance of ITFC getting official throw back Adidas kits for this reason too.

TWTD never forgets…

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 18:01 - Apr 19 with 2838 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 13:46 - Apr 19 by monytowbray

Cost mate. Adidas only invest in custom kits for those who will globally sell millions. The rest get the cut and paste range. There is zero chance of ITFC getting official throw back Adidas kits for this reason too.

Even in the glory days we usually got cut and paste Adidas kits. In 80-81 us, Forest and Birmingham had the same kit design. 82-83 we had the same as Norwich.

Then we went mad and turned into France in 1984.

For me out greatest Adidas kit was 86-89. A thing of beauty. Umbro made some beauties for us too.

In more recent times nothing beats 1999-2001. The white and black change kit was great as well.

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 18:04 - Apr 19 with 2833 viewsmonytowbray

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 18:01 - Apr 19 by The_Last_Baron

Even in the glory days we usually got cut and paste Adidas kits. In 80-81 us, Forest and Birmingham had the same kit design. 82-83 we had the same as Norwich.

Then we went mad and turned into France in 1984.

For me out greatest Adidas kit was 86-89. A thing of beauty. Umbro made some beauties for us too.

In more recent times nothing beats 1999-2001. The white and black change kit was great as well.

I have every home shirt back to 89. That Adidas one you mention is pricy.

My favs in my lifetime are the 92-94 lace collar and the 96-98 humbug away kit.

This is fact by the way, any other opinion on our kits is allowed but it is also 100% wrong ;)

TWTD never forgets…

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 18:10 - Apr 19 with 2817 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 18:04 - Apr 19 by monytowbray

I have every home shirt back to 89. That Adidas one you mention is pricy.

My favs in my lifetime are the 92-94 lace collar and the 96-98 humbug away kit.

This is fact by the way, any other opinion on our kits is allowed but it is also 100% wrong ;)

Both are great. I love the cream and black striped one, happy memories and a fine side.

I have the 88-89 home shirt with the centenary detail under the badge. Trevor Kirton, who was the kit man, gave me it at the end of that season as we were moving to Umbro. Its a players issue one although no number is on it. I would never sell it.

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 18:12 - Apr 19 with 2811 viewsmonytowbray

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 18:10 - Apr 19 by The_Last_Baron

Both are great. I love the cream and black striped one, happy memories and a fine side.

I have the 88-89 home shirt with the centenary detail under the badge. Trevor Kirton, who was the kit man, gave me it at the end of that season as we were moving to Umbro. Its a players issue one although no number is on it. I would never sell it.

I got mine on eBay a few years back. Oddly the Fisons sponsor is much smaller than the one you see on photos though. I’m wondering if we wore an earlier version like that and they made it bigger later as it’s certainly bigger in the 92 promotion photos.

TWTD never forgets…

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 19:07 - Apr 19 with 2770 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 18:12 - Apr 19 by monytowbray

I got mine on eBay a few years back. Oddly the Fisons sponsor is much smaller than the one you see on photos though. I’m wondering if we wore an earlier version like that and they made it bigger later as it’s certainly bigger in the 92 promotion photos.

The know the replica Umbro 1989-92 shirt had a tiny Fisons logo compared to the players issued ones. Never knew why this was the case, bit strange.

I saw a brand new replica 94-95 Town shirt for sale the other week, still in the wrapping with umbro labels attached. It was something like 120 quid. Too many bad memories with that one to even think of buying it.

The recent Copa red and black striped 93 shirt is superb.

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 19:13 - Apr 19 with 2756 viewsmonytowbray

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 19:07 - Apr 19 by The_Last_Baron

The know the replica Umbro 1989-92 shirt had a tiny Fisons logo compared to the players issued ones. Never knew why this was the case, bit strange.

I saw a brand new replica 94-95 Town shirt for sale the other week, still in the wrapping with umbro labels attached. It was something like 120 quid. Too many bad memories with that one to even think of buying it.

The recent Copa red and black striped 93 shirt is superb.

I have the red and black pinstripe away shirt we had after that Copa one. It appears to have a small curry stain on the sponsor and was purchased like that.

Some weird retro gems come up on eBay. Some very retro training jackets come up. Would kill for the black windbreaker with the humbug coloured Punch logos down the side of the sleeves in the Kappa rip off style. It came up a year ago but was in XL :(

TWTD never forgets…

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 19:22 - Apr 19 with 2747 viewsBLUEBEAT

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 13:46 - Apr 19 by monytowbray

I think it was Nottingham Forest that had one a few years ago.

Man Utd have had one too, but as you point out, they’d sell thousands anyway....

EDIT- I bought a late 70s Holland shirt by Adidas Originals approx 15 years ago. Very decent though both trefoil and club logo somewhat smaller in comparison to the OGs. It was this one: https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/holland-netherlands-wc-1978-adidas-533403

[Post edited 19 Apr 2020 19:33]

Poll: W or W

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 22:46 - Apr 19 with 2641 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 19:13 - Apr 19 by monytowbray

I have the red and black pinstripe away shirt we had after that Copa one. It appears to have a small curry stain on the sponsor and was purchased like that.

Some weird retro gems come up on eBay. Some very retro training jackets come up. Would kill for the black windbreaker with the humbug coloured Punch logos down the side of the sleeves in the Kappa rip off style. It came up a year ago but was in XL :(

The 97-99 Town kit with white sleeves was great, a complete Kappa/Italy rip off but a superb shirt.

You're right, the bench gear was great as well.

I have a blue and red track top from the early Umbro years. Never worn it and probably never will.

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 11:34 - Apr 20 with 2507 viewsbluesimon

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 22:46 - Apr 19 by The_Last_Baron

The 97-99 Town kit with white sleeves was great, a complete Kappa/Italy rip off but a superb shirt.

You're right, the bench gear was great as well.

I have a blue and red track top from the early Umbro years. Never worn it and probably never will.

I'm a big fan of bench wear, or generally anything with long sleeves, and I also really like that Kappa-esqe Punch logo. I find it much more wearable than the actual shirts.

I was lucky enough to pick one of these drill tops that Mr Taricco is wearing.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/mauricio-taricco-big-interview-1-6556190

I think this shirt is great too - but a tad pricey.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ipswich-Town-Matchworn-L-S-Third-Football-Shirt-1997-

If anyone has any Ipswich Umbro Drill tops for sale let me know - size Medium or Small...
Town's new kit 2020-21 on 11:35 - Apr 20 with 2504 viewsmonytowbray

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 11:34 - Apr 20 by bluesimon

I'm a big fan of bench wear, or generally anything with long sleeves, and I also really like that Kappa-esqe Punch logo. I find it much more wearable than the actual shirts.

I was lucky enough to pick one of these drill tops that Mr Taricco is wearing.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/mauricio-taricco-big-interview-1-6556190

I think this shirt is great too - but a tad pricey.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ipswich-Town-Matchworn-L-S-Third-Football-Shirt-1997-

If anyone has any Ipswich Umbro Drill tops for sale let me know - size Medium or Small...

Jealous you have the humbug sweater!

If ITFC want to do a throwback away kit to wear on the pitch one season, I'd take an Adidas humbug design in a second.

TWTD never forgets…

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 11:58 - Apr 20 with 2488 viewsbluesimon

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 11:35 - Apr 20 by monytowbray

Jealous you have the humbug sweater!

If ITFC want to do a throwback away kit to wear on the pitch one season, I'd take an Adidas humbug design in a second.

My most favourite top. I got it off this guy on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/dennis1928-uk?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

He always seems to have lots from this era on Ebay from his stockroom, mainly kids sizes though. He seems to have trouble spelling Ipswich on some of his listings though - Ipswicn
Town's new kit 2020-21 on 12:24 - Apr 20 with 2461 viewsmonytowbray

Town's new kit 2020-21 on 11:58 - Apr 20 by bluesimon

My most favourite top. I got it off this guy on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/dennis1928-uk?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

He always seems to have lots from this era on Ebay from his stockroom, mainly kids sizes though. He seems to have trouble spelling Ipswich on some of his listings though - Ipswicn

THAT'S THE ONE!

Always wondered how they ended up sat on so much stock from the 90s.

I have just enquired about some shorts.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024