Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? 18:23 - May 24 with 10173 viewsMaySixth

Not loaded, not trolling, genuinely interested.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 16:00 - May 26 with 714 viewspointofblue

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 15:26 - May 26 by Herbivore

I also worked in local government from 2010-15 and I don't know how you reach the conclusion that they did a good job. They utterly decimated services during that time.

Maybe just the section I worked for - certainly things didn’t deteriorate and there were actually some good processes and procedures formed over that time which improved productivity and outcomes. Basic common sense was used over that period of time when it hadn’t been for a while. A lot of it was local decision making, yes, but things did improve across that period of time. Again I’ll just add that might just be the section I worked for and I was much wetter behind the ears then than I am now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 16:09 - May 26 with 695 viewsHerbivore

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 16:00 - May 26 by pointofblue

Maybe just the section I worked for - certainly things didn’t deteriorate and there were actually some good processes and procedures formed over that time which improved productivity and outcomes. Basic common sense was used over that period of time when it hadn’t been for a while. A lot of it was local decision making, yes, but things did improve across that period of time. Again I’ll just add that might just be the section I worked for and I was much wetter behind the ears then than I am now.

We lost our entire youth service overnight and now have huge problems with county lines. We saw other vital services slashed. I'm guessing the good stuff was in very isolated pockets.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 16:39 - May 26 with 684 viewstractordownsouth

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 15:21 - May 26 by gordon

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/26/dominic-cummings-boris-joh

Elect a career liar, composed of nothing but narcissism, and this is what you end up with.

And, if anyone thinks things are bad right now, wait till we're experiencing a second wave of COVID in winter, while also trying to exit the EU without any semblance of a coherent strategy to manage either.

"Apologies for having to get tough with a guy who has always cultivated an image of himself as the Roy Keane of Westminster, even if that is like being the Clint Eastwood of the DVLA"

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 16:39 - May 26 with 683 viewsClapham_Junction

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 15:26 - May 26 by Herbivore

I also worked in local government from 2010-15 and I don't know how you reach the conclusion that they did a good job. They utterly decimated services during that time.

I was going to respond with exactly the same thing. Eric Pickles probably did more damage to local government than any previous or subsequent secretary of state. A horrendously petty and spiteful man. He regularly claimed his main aim was to promote localism, but constantly intervened to stop local authorities doing stuff he didn't like.

As well as being happy to let Osborne take a machete to local government funding, he pushed through a range of stupid planning deregulation than means today we have people having to stay at home in flats that have no external windows (because they were converted from offices without needing planning permission), he effectively banned onshore wind and also removed powers from local authorities and social housing providers to enforce parking.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 16:50]
If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 18:30 - May 26 with 629 viewspointofblue

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 16:09 - May 26 by Herbivore

We lost our entire youth service overnight and now have huge problems with county lines. We saw other vital services slashed. I'm guessing the good stuff was in very isolated pockets.

I think I got lucky with where I worked. Maybe I was a naive too. The 2017 and 2019 were both Brexit elections which added an extra dimension to them and wondering who would handle it best. Johnson was clearly not up to the job from the off (or even before then) yet here we are.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 21:34 - May 26 with 582 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you voted Tory at last Election, what do you genuinely think of this govt? on 10:00 - May 26 by BrixtonBlue

"I think they've done a lot right so far"

Can you name some of these things?

Still waiting Bloom.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024