Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris making a mess of it 16:11 - May 27 with 6404 viewsPinewoodblue

The more he says move on the longer the Cummings debate will hinder unity.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Boris making a mess of it on 08:41 - May 28 with 1536 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Boris making a mess of it on 17:04 - May 27 by bluejacko

IF Cummings was to resign how far do you expect him to actually distance himself from BJ?
It’s not as if he in a post that requires him to be elected is it?
I would say he would not stray from the nest to far and not for too long.

About 2 metres would be my guess.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Boris making a mess of it on 08:55 - May 28 with 1512 viewsHerbivore

Boris making a mess of it on 23:41 - May 27 by BrixtonBlue

Up until his Durham jaunt, yes it has been going swimmingly.

Even after that he's still in his job and Boris is asking us to move on.

Has it been going swimmingly? He's been advising a government that has overseen the highest per capita death rate from Covid-19 in the world. I'm not sure I'd describe that as it going swimmingly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Boris making a mess of it on 09:43 - May 28 with 1482 viewsmanchego

Boris making a mess of it on 17:51 - May 27 by BlueNomad

Well we have been told, “it’s nothing to do with you so mind your own business

Which is the sort of thing people might say when they get a call from track and trace.
Boris making a mess of it on 11:16 - May 28 with 1446 viewsBrixtonBlue

Boris making a mess of it on 08:55 - May 28 by Herbivore

Has it been going swimmingly? He's been advising a government that has overseen the highest per capita death rate from Covid-19 in the world. I'm not sure I'd describe that as it going swimmingly.

I have said several times "for themselves" rather than "for the rest of us."

Why are you unable to read what I'm actually saying?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Boris making a mess of it on 11:24 - May 28 with 1437 viewsHerbivore

Boris making a mess of it on 11:16 - May 28 by BrixtonBlue

I have said several times "for themselves" rather than "for the rest of us."

Why are you unable to read what I'm actually saying?

Because I fundamentally disagree with your assessment of what constitutes doing a good job. The purpose of a government is meant to be to protect its citizens, that is pretty basic stuff. I don't see how the government's main adviser can be said to be doing a good job when they have been heavily involved in such poor planning around Covid-19, leading to a staggeringly high mortality rate.

Boris making a mess of it on 11:45 - May 28 with 1414 viewsHerbivore

Boris making a mess of it on 11:24 - May 28 by Herbivore

Because I fundamentally disagree with your assessment of what constitutes doing a good job. The purpose of a government is meant to be to protect its citizens, that is pretty basic stuff. I don't see how the government's main adviser can be said to be doing a good job when they have been heavily involved in such poor planning around Covid-19, leading to a staggeringly high mortality rate.

Blimey Dollers, you don't agree that protection of citizens is a pretty fundamental role of government and a good yardstick for whether a government is doing a good job?

Boris making a mess of it on 11:47 - May 28 with 1410 viewsBrixtonBlue

Boris making a mess of it on 11:24 - May 28 by Herbivore

You're just repeating yourself and ignoring what I've said. What part of doing a good job FOR THEMSELVES are you struggling to understand?

They are not doing a good job for the country at large, but the PR and spin has been supremely effect for some time now.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Boris making a mess of it on 11:51 - May 28 with 1402 viewsBrixtonBlue

Boris making a mess of it on 11:45 - May 28 by Herbivore

Blimey Dollers, you don't agree that protection of citizens is a pretty fundamental role of government and a good yardstick for whether a government is doing a good job?

I AM NOT SAYING THEY ARE DOING A GOOD JOB FOR THE COUNTRY.

Don't make me have to draw pictures. I don't know how to upload pictures to TWTD.

Login to get fewer ads

Boris making a mess of it on 11:52 - May 28 with 1394 viewsHerbivore

Boris making a mess of it on 11:47 - May 28 by BrixtonBlue

You're just repeating yourself and ignoring what I've said. What part of doing a good job FOR THEMSELVES are you struggling to understand?

They are not doing a good job for the country at large, but the PR and spin has been supremely effect for some time now.

So we can agree that they aren't doing a good job by any normal understanding of what would constitute a government and its advisers doing a good job. See, we got there in the end.

Boris making a mess of it on 11:53 - May 28 with 1384 viewsHerbivore

Boris making a mess of it on 11:51 - May 28 by BrixtonBlue

I AM NOT SAYING THEY ARE DOING A GOOD JOB FOR THE COUNTRY.

Don't make me have to draw pictures. I don't know how to upload pictures to TWTD.

Their entire job is to do a good job for the country, they're the government. So by any meaningful criteria they (and he) aren't doing a good job.

Boris making a mess of it on 11:54 - May 28 with 1379 viewsBrixtonBlue

Boris making a mess of it on 11:52 - May 28 by Herbivore

So we can agree that they aren't doing a good job by any normal understanding of what would constitute a government and its advisers doing a good job. See, we got there in the end.

You mean YOU got there in the end. I've been there all along saying they're doing a good job for themselves (the PR and spin has been so effective that they can actually lie and people still defend them now).

Maybe you need a coffee or something to wake your brain up.

Boris making a mess of it on 11:55 - May 28 with 1373 viewsBrixtonBlue

Boris making a mess of it on 11:53 - May 28 by Herbivore

Their entire job is to do a good job for the country, they're the government. So by any meaningful criteria they (and he) aren't doing a good job.

If I said Harold Shipman did a good job at killing people does that mean I think he was a good doctor?!

If I'd just said they're doing a good job FULL STOP you'd have a point. But I didn't and you're taking my words out of context in order to be a cretin. Please stop.
[Post edited 28 May 2020 11:57]

Boris making a mess of it on 11:56 - May 28 with 1363 viewsHerbivore

Boris making a mess of it on 11:54 - May 28 by BrixtonBlue

You mean YOU got there in the end. I've been there all along saying they're doing a good job for themselves (the PR and spin has been so effective that they can actually lie and people still defend them now).

Oh, I see we're not there after all. This is hard work. Can you clarify what them doing a good job for themselves actually means and how it is in any way relevant, other than that it means you don't have to back track on claiming they are doing a good job? I am judging them doing a good job on whether, you know, they're actually doing a good job. As in are they successfully protecting and promoting the interests of citizens, i.e. their actual job.

Boris making a mess of it on 11:57 - May 28 with 1360 viewsfooters

Boris making a mess of it on 11:54 - May 28 by BrixtonBlue

They've slipped five points in the polls, more than half the country thinks Cummings should be sacked and pretty much every paper has been running negative frontpage stories about them, incredibly even the Mail. Just because there are some lunatics who'll never back down doesn't mean they're doing a good job for themselves either.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris making a mess of it on 11:58 - May 28 with 1354 viewsBrixtonBlue

Boris making a mess of it on 11:56 - May 28 by Herbivore

Oh, I see we're not there after all. This is hard work. Can you clarify what them doing a good job for themselves actually means and how it is in any way relevant, other than that it means you don't have to back track on claiming they are doing a good job? I am judging them doing a good job on whether, you know, they're actually doing a good job. As in are they successfully protecting and promoting the interests of citizens, i.e. their actual job.

I give up, you win. I have better things to do than this.

Boris making a mess of it on 12:24 - May 28 with 1315 viewsHerbivore

Boris making a mess of it on 11:55 - May 28 by BrixtonBlue

If I said Harold Shipman did a good job at killing people does that mean I think he was a good doctor?!

If I'd just said they're doing a good job FULL STOP you'd have a point. But I didn't and you're taking my words out of context in order to be a cretin. Please stop.

You said back on page one that Cummings was good at his job. I challenged that and you created some caveat whereby he wasn't good at actually advising the government to protect its citizens but was good on some other criteria of being good for themselves. I'm not sure I'm the cretin in all this and I'd thank you to not resort to name calling.

Boris making a mess of it on 13:08 - May 28 with 1276 viewsBrixtonBlue

Boris making a mess of it on 12:24 - May 28 by Herbivore

You said back on page one that Cummings was good at his job. I challenged that and you created some caveat whereby he wasn't good at actually advising the government to protect its citizens but was good on some other criteria of being good for themselves. I'm not sure I'm the cretin in all this and I'd thank you to not resort to name calling.

Cummings is a spin doctor. At that he's very good. That's how we ended up with Brexit, a massive Tory landslide, everyone loving the lying racist Boris, and even having the nerve to drive to test your eyes and get away with it (so far).

He's done an incredible job. This doesn't have anything to do with the terrible deaths from Covid-19 and I'd thank you not to use the deaths of thousands of people to score internet points.

Boris making a mess of it on 13:11 - May 28 with 1262 viewsBrixtonBlue

Boris making a mess of it on 11:57 - May 28 by footers

They've slipped five points in the polls, more than half the country thinks Cummings should be sacked and pretty much every paper has been running negative frontpage stories about them, incredibly even the Mail. Just because there are some lunatics who'll never back down doesn't mean they're doing a good job for themselves either.

They're certainly on shakier ground, although they still appear to be getting away with it.

You have to be very careful how you word things on here don't you? Any slightly different way to interpret something and they dive on it like vultures.

Boris making a mess of it on 13:16 - May 28 with 1253 viewsHerbivore

Boris making a mess of it on 13:08 - May 28 by BrixtonBlue

Cummings is a spin doctor. At that he's very good. That's how we ended up with Brexit, a massive Tory landslide, everyone loving the lying racist Boris, and even having the nerve to drive to test your eyes and get away with it (so far).

He's done an incredible job. This doesn't have anything to do with the terrible deaths from Covid-19 and I'd thank you not to use the deaths of thousands of people to score internet points.

His job is to be an adviser and to advise on government strategy. You've demonstrated he has been an effective campaigner, but how is he doing a good job of advising the government when the government's strategy has led to us having the highest mortality rate in the world?

Boris making a mess of it on 13:26 - May 28 with 1232 viewsBrixtonBlue

Boris making a mess of it on 13:16 - May 28 by Herbivore

His job is to be an adviser and to advise on government strategy. You've demonstrated he has been an effective campaigner, but how is he doing a good job of advising the government when the government's strategy has led to us having the highest mortality rate in the world?

I've explained myself on several occasions now, I'm not doing it any more.

I didn't fully explain myself early on, you saw your opportunity and piled in (despite me explaining fully many times since).

How long do you want to keep this going?

To think people accuse me of starting rows and prolonging things...

Boris making a mess of it on 14:36 - May 28 with 1197 viewsHerbivore

Boris making a mess of it on 13:26 - May 28 by BrixtonBlue

I've explained myself on several occasions now, I'm not doing it any more.

I didn't fully explain myself early on, you saw your opportunity and piled in (despite me explaining fully many times since).

How long do you want to keep this going?

To think people accuse me of starting rows and prolonging things...

You walked away and chose to come back. You need to stop projecting on to others, Dollers. You may feel you've explained yourself but I reject your explanation, as I have also stated many times.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024