Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What time does Trumpy wake up? 09:00 - May 29 with 3524 viewsartsbossbeard

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52846679

*gets comfy*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 11:57 - May 29 with 944 viewsSwansea_Blue

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 10:47 - May 29 by lowhouseblue

i almost gave your first post an uppie. i have been posting for years (mainly when challenging cil) that there is a right wing, and now russia fed, campaign of disinformation and conspiracy nonsense, with the sole of objective of undermining trust in government and democratic institutions including the reputable media. it's only purpose is to confuse people to the point that they don't know what to believe. it is the strategy that trump has adopted form day one. but equally, part of that process is the group think nature of social media whereby, once something is repeated enough times, it doesn't get challenged. people should be required to prove stuff more often rather than repeat stuff.

And this is where it leads:

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 11:59 - May 29 with 938 viewsGuthrum

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 10:16 - May 29 by monytowbray

Here's the issue for me.

We have countless measures in place to prevent wars and escalating tensions between nations. But all are applied retrospectively from past conflicts.

The internet is the new battle ground and only few experts saw this coming, and even then it's ignored. You go on any political thread to do with Western politics these days and almost half the responses are accounts with clear signs of being fake to amplify certain views, distrust in the media or conspiracies. There are no national treaties or agreements in place to stop this.

On top of that, the tactic in itself creates a level of self defence by arming people with the idea the theory in itself is a conspiracy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

WWIII is already underway and not a single shot has been fired.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 10:20]

'... only few experts saw this coming, and even then it's ignored.' - that isn't strictly true. A lot of people have been working on the issue for many years now, just not necessarily in public.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 12:11 - May 29 with 929 viewsSwansea_Blue

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 10:47 - May 29 by lowhouseblue

i almost gave your first post an uppie. i have been posting for years (mainly when challenging cil) that there is a right wing, and now russia fed, campaign of disinformation and conspiracy nonsense, with the sole of objective of undermining trust in government and democratic institutions including the reputable media. it's only purpose is to confuse people to the point that they don't know what to believe. it is the strategy that trump has adopted form day one. but equally, part of that process is the group think nature of social media whereby, once something is repeated enough times, it doesn't get challenged. people should be required to prove stuff more often rather than repeat stuff.

And this is an example of how that disinformation leads to an alternative reality, to the extent that the truth can be labelled an 'opinion' and thus dismissed, how that message is then propagated through the group think of social media and then permeates the conversation everywhere, even ending up on largely insignificant* football forum.
The BBC apologise for Emily Maitlis. by GaryCooper 28 May 2020 7:00
You do not understand that the BBC news should be exactly that?

The opinions of it's presenters is not allowed.

Not to difficult to understand really.

*Insignificant to the matter in question , obviously it's not insignificant as a footie forum & news site!

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 12:34 - May 29 with 901 viewsmonytowbray

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 11:55 - May 29 by Guthrum

Not sure the regimes in any of the major powers are particularly "good". Authoritarian, repressive and/or just so obsessed with money and staying in power they don't care about the poor and marginalised.

I'd agree there. The 5 main issues in British politics right now IMO are...

No one is held accountable for lying, failing to deliver promises or downright cheating. Our democracy is based on a handshake and there is no constitution. This needs to change drastically before the next election. You f*ck with the rules, you get punished. You go back on your promise, you get punished.

Social media needs to do a lot more about fake accounts. I know it's subjective because many of these "bots" are actually manned by humans to some extent, but the trained eye can spot them from a mile off. I don't think it's beyond the brainpower and finances of Silicon Valley to fix these issues and put clicks second.

SpAds need some level of vote to get in, even if it's an internal vote by Ministers.

The left and the centre left need to find a middle ground. We are divided due to having a moral compass (as is the very nature of dirty lefties). The challenge we face is the right do not and will agree to disagree.

The left needs to somehow cut through the slogans and institutional racism. I don't know how that can be done, but for all of Cummings' faults he gets the modern world, he gets marketing and he understands how to hack into the very fabric of public thinking. I think the real trick is local community. Half the people I speak to worried about immigration haven't actually spoke to any of the immigrants on their own doorstep, just seen them from afar and felt uneasy about it. If this is the barrier to sensible immigration discussion, perhaps more needs to be done to encourage neighbours to talk. Team building exercises used by businesses but on a street level could be very handy for this. Street parties too but without the nationalist spin. That may change the discussion from "Ipswich is overran by bloody foreigners" to "Ipswich has more immigration but my neighbours are lovely and I think it's a great thing for the area".

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 12:40 - May 29 with 879 viewsmonytowbray

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 11:57 - May 29 by Swansea_Blue

It's weird isn't it the old America. Decades of institutional racism within law enforcement and they wonder why this happens again and again.

Then they blame those who fight back as the enemy. It's a cowarsly school bully classic, pick on people over and over but then take the moral high ground to run off to the teacher when they get a bit back.

I still can't get over that Trump tweet, sadly I can almost see where this is leading...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre

TWTD never forgets…

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 13:41 - May 29 with 839 viewsElderGrizzly

He's awake...

He's being targeted apparently. Well, yes he is as he has tweeted racist, white supremacist nonsense, with an incitement to murder.
What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:00 - May 29 with 818 viewsElderGrizzly

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 13:41 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

He's awake...

He's being targeted apparently. Well, yes he is as he has tweeted racist, white supremacist nonsense, with an incitement to murder.

And now the White House has done a copy and paste of his 'censored' tweet, because one racist tweet a day is never enough

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:10 - May 29 with 806 viewsSpruceMoose

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:00 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

And now the White House has done a copy and paste of his 'censored' tweet, because one racist tweet a day is never enough

Christ. He's such a petty Karen.

Fairly sure the largest thug gang with guns in the states are the police.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 14:18]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:25 - May 29 with 782 viewsjeera

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 11:57 - May 29 by Swansea_Blue

And you can't beat a bit of indiscriminate pepper spraying:

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:27 - May 29 with 779 viewsSpruceMoose

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:25 - May 29 by jeera

Said it a couple of days back. US police are a gang with an 'us against them' siege mentality. Serving the public is an alien concept to them. Bullying and punishing the public however is not.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:35 - May 29 with 753 viewsjeera

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:27 - May 29 by SpruceMoose

Said it a couple of days back. US police are a gang with an 'us against them' siege mentality. Serving the public is an alien concept to them. Bullying and punishing the public however is not.

That was disgusting wasn't it.

They actually slowed the car in order to spray some people standing there, a few of whom were quietly protesting.

As you say, their own citizens.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:39 - May 29 with 750 viewsElderGrizzly

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:10 - May 29 by SpruceMoose

Christ. He's such a petty Karen.

Fairly sure the largest thug gang with guns in the states are the police.
[Post edited 29 May 2020 14:18]

Surely you're not suggesting Trump is using the Police to cause a disturbance in a state run by Democrats?

[Post edited 29 May 2020 14:41]
What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:54 - May 29 with 729 viewsmonytowbray

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:39 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

Surely you're not suggesting Trump is using the Police to cause a disturbance in a state run by Democrats?

Didn't he call him "weak"?

Man, the USA is in a dangerous place.

TWTD never forgets…

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:59 - May 29 with 724 viewsSpruceMoose

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:39 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed I am. This is just beginning. The United States is sleepwalking into something truly terrifying.

If he loses in November I am certain he will try to burn the house down before he gets shown the door in early 2021. He won't go peacefully. His cult members won't need much encouragement to do likewise either. What could go wrong? Millions of brainwashed morons with machine guns and a hatred for anyone who doesn't conform to the very narrow definition of a 'patriotic American' they have invented.

If he wins, well, I'm going to have to GTFO of here.

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 15:23 - May 29 with 696 viewsSpruceMoose

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:00 - May 29 by ElderGrizzly

@WhiteHouse has been slapped with the same thing as Trump's Tweet now. This'll escalate quickly. We'll have his idiot kids Tweeting it next.

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 15:30 - May 29 with 687 viewsSwansea_Blue

What time does Trumpy wake up? on 14:25 - May 29 by jeera

Community policing at it's finest.

Bet they got the idea from the clergy!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024