Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League one completion. 14:13 - Jun 9 with 1155 viewsblueprint

If clubs can’t afford to play without fans then forfeit your games and award the points to teams who want to play. If a club cannot fulfil fixtures then tough. I know this may seem harsh but Surely it’s unfair for clubs who wish to play to be punished by those who cannot afford to.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2020 14:18]
League one completion. on 14:14 - Jun 9 with 1148 viewsStokieBlue

That simply equates to "might is right".

Which is never right.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

League one completion. on 14:28 - Jun 9 with 1070 viewssparks

League one completion. on 14:14 - Jun 9 by StokieBlue

That simply equates to "might is right".

Which is never right.

SB

Its been a longstanding principle in football that clubs who cant fulfill their fixtures forfeit.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

League one completion. on 14:31 - Jun 9 with 1052 viewsStokieBlue

League one completion. on 14:28 - Jun 9 by sparks

Its been a longstanding principle in football that clubs who cant fulfill their fixtures forfeit.

I think it's open for debate whether such principles can be applied to a situation which is totally unique and entirely out of the control of the clubs up until now.

This situation has been imposed on them by the government, not individual mismanagement unless I am missing something?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

League one completion. on 14:37 - Jun 9 with 1016 viewsgiant_stow

if you're going down that road, i hope you've never had a problem with parachute payments, rich prem clubs picking off the bones of littleuns, or breakaway leagues.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

League one completion. on 14:41 - Jun 9 with 997 viewssparks

League one completion. on 14:37 - Jun 9 by giant_stow

if you're going down that road, i hope you've never had a problem with parachute payments, rich prem clubs picking off the bones of littleuns, or breakaway leagues.

I have a massive issue with all of that. They are different subjects.

That said- it is absurd, given the disparity in figrues, that League 1 cannot cover the modest costs of testing and pay their players when Prem players are earning 100s of thousands a week and the PL is sitting on a massive pot of gold.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

League one completion. on 14:49 - Jun 9 with 969 viewsgiant_stow

League one completion. on 14:41 - Jun 9 by sparks

That said- it is absurd, given the disparity in figrues, that League 1 cannot cover the modest costs of testing and pay their players when Prem players are earning 100s of thousands a week and the PL is sitting on a massive pot of gold.

Fair enough, but they all have a common thread: money talking and the subversion of fair sporting competition.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

League one completion. on 14:58 - Jun 9 with 930 viewssparks

League one completion. on 14:49 - Jun 9 by giant_stow

Fair enough, but they all have a common thread: money talking and the subversion of fair sporting competition.

Expecting clubs to complete fixtures, is arguably not an uneven playing field.

League one completion. on 14:59 - Jun 9 with 923 viewsBlueBadger

League one completion. on 14:37 - Jun 9 by giant_stow

What about clubs who burn their stands down for the insurance?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

League one completion. on 15:05 - Jun 9 with 905 viewsblueprint

League one completion. on 14:49 - Jun 9 by giant_stow

Hardly the same as the disparity between the premier league and EFL clubs who don’t qualify for those ridiculous parachute payments though.
League one completion. on 15:41 - Jun 9 with 852 viewsBlue12345

Exactly my thoughts.

And to clubs who say they cannot afford it the EFL should provide something in the way of a loan / bailout fund. That then covers the cost of making a safe playing environment. If there were to be clubs that still did not want to fulfil their fixtures they should forfeit all remaining matches.
League one completion. on 16:03 - Jun 9 with 788 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

League one completion. on 14:41 - Jun 9 by sparks

Fairly torn on that as I do believe more money should filter down, however how far down the pyramid should the PL fund, and why?

As I for one am disgusted that the SIL season has been abandoned and my team has been denied the chance to consolidate their mid table finish

On a serious note I find it quite laughable how many people are keen to support pulling out the stops to get sport going again when it remains hugely unimportant in the scheme of things. Hooray for money though I guess

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024