Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. 09:54 - Jun 13 with 1591 viewsartsbossbeard

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8416075/Boris-Johnson-scrapped-Cabinet-

Wow-Zers!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 10:12 - Jun 13 with 1493 viewsgordon

It all could have been so different if Gavin Williamson had been fully able to apply his formidable intellect to the challenge.
Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 10:31 - Jun 13 with 1442 viewsBlueBadger

Telegraph sub is even more damning.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/06/13/boris-johnson-scrapped-cabinet-p

'Committee axed following advice from Cabinet Secretary to devote more ministerial time to Brexit, according to claims'

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 10:55 - Jun 13 with 1387 viewsfactual_blue

They've crossed the Vietnamese killer. A bad move, as it looks as though he's briefing against them now.

Never, ever upset your senior Civil Servants. They will destroy you.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 11:25 - Jun 13 with 1341 viewsGuthrum

Tho the article itself points out that it was 'mothballed' by Theresa May while she was still PM.

Also, being a Cabinet committee, packed with ministers, would it actually have been of any use when Covid hit?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 11:43 - Jun 13 with 1280 viewsSwansea_Blue

Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 10:31 - Jun 13 by BlueBadger

Telegraph sub is even more damning.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/06/13/boris-johnson-scrapped-cabinet-p

'Committee axed following advice from Cabinet Secretary to devote more ministerial time to Brexit, according to claims'

But the passports are BETTER now.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 11:44 - Jun 13 with 1280 viewsOldsmoker

Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 11:25 - Jun 13 by Guthrum

Tho the article itself points out that it was 'mothballed' by Theresa May while she was still PM.

Also, being a Cabinet committee, packed with ministers, would it actually have been of any use when Covid hit?

This committee would have been of some use during Mays tenure as her cabinet consisted of experienced ministers. Johnson moved a lot of of those to the back benches when he became PM. The current shower expected to be doing Brexit only and Covid-19 is an inconvenience to them.
I'm sure they will use Covid-19 as an excuse as to why Brexit will be a disaster to the economy claiming it would have been all sunny uplands and unicorns if Covid-19 hadn't happened.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 11:48 - Jun 13 with 1263 viewsSwansea_Blue

Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 11:25 - Jun 13 by Guthrum

Mothballed by May and then scrapped by Boris.

Would it have had an effect? I doubt anyone of us could answer that. The calibre of ministers in it suggests maybe not, given how they've performed and lied their way through the pandemic. Having a structure would probably be better than not though.

It's all very Trumpesque.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 12:45 - Jun 13 with 1194 viewsgordon

Agree that it's difficult to see how assembling any combination of the current cabinet onto a committee could produce anything other than gimmicky PR exercises, irrelevant targets, and faux-patriotic drivel.
Login to get fewer ads

Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 19:28 - Jun 13 with 1068 viewseireblue

Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 12:45 - Jun 13 by gordon

Agree that it's difficult to see how assembling any combination of the current cabinet onto a committee could produce anything other than gimmicky PR exercises, irrelevant targets, and faux-patriotic drivel.

But maybe some civil servants would have been around to help.

“Do you think we should follow up on any of the recommendations of that 2016 pandemic exercise minister?”
Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 19:46 - Jun 13 with 1041 viewsvapour_trail

Given the personnel involved, ABB, it’s probably fair to say that abolishing this committee has ultimately saved lives.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 21:05 - Jun 13 with 969 viewsjeera

Forgive the Daily Heil Link here but it's worth it, honestly. on 19:46 - Jun 13 by vapour_trail

Given the personnel involved, ABB, it’s probably fair to say that abolishing this committee has ultimately saved lives.

I must say I thought the same.

I was annoyed until I saw the line-up.

How can we be a nation of almost 70 million people and that's the best we can come up with?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024