Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post pandemic trips 18:21 - Jun 15 with 2230 viewssparks

No summer hols to speak of this year. Allowing for money to be spent on things like the patio, and pizza ovens and maybe log burners.

However, it has got me thinking about what I really need to do travel wise before I get too old, and that I should really start prioritising some money accordingly.

Wife wants to do NY again. Fine by me- preferably post-Trump though.

I have talked for years about doing a deep south trip. Into New orleans, up the River (preferably in a proper American car without a roof), stopping on the way, trip to the shack up in, and the Clarksdale for the Juke Joint festival. Would be cool to get a little gig or something there- I have a friend who has played there a few times and knows people and places around Mississippi. Might be able to wangle something.

Then I think it has to be Japan. I want to see Japanese gardens and Bonsai, Mount Fuji ,the crazy chaos of Tokyo.

A return to the Maldives will probably need to wait until the kids have left home...

Anyone have must-do trips, and re-focussed on them during this period of being restricted?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Post pandemic trips on 10:20 - Jun 16 with 381 viewsLibero

Post pandemic trips on 22:57 - Jun 15 by SitfcB

Recently?

Indeed, he had a proper meltdown at me the other day as I said in commenting on a thread that he'd offered a bad example of something which exposed a little bit of ignorance, he took exception to this and got cross that I wasn't keen on engaging with him on any kind of political issue, he then called me a tw@t and claimed I was a bully :')

tv programmes being pulled by Trequartista 11 Jun 2020 21:50
where does this end? blm has been a worthy cause against the real issues of racism, but its in danger of being hijacked by people being retrospectively offended on their behalf.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jun/10/netflix-pulls-the-mighty-boosh-and-the-league-of-gentlemen-over-blackface

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/jun/11/fawlty-towers-dont-mention-the-war-episode-removed-from-uktv?CMP=twt_a-culture_b-gdnculture

Post pandemic trips on 12:13 - Jun 16 with 329 viewsRyorry

Post pandemic trips on 21:51 - Jun 15 by sparks

This is a thread about post covid trips. Its supposed to be positive and inspiring not bitchy. Maybe take it elsewhere?

Tbf Sparks, I did at first misread the thread header as "post pandemic tripe"!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Post pandemic trips on 12:19 - Jun 16 with 323 viewsReuser_is_God

We've got Centre Parcs booked for mid September & by all accounts that'll be going ahead albeit with some restrictions in place.

We had found a great deal on an all inclusive in Gran Canaria for next July but we decided against booking at due to the current situation but once things become clearer we will look to get something booked. Also want to get down to Cornwall at some point next year, I've probably not been there for 15 years now which is a shame as I loved going there when I was a youngster.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Post pandemic trips on 12:33 - Jun 16 with 308 viewsWeWereZombies

Post pandemic trips on 12:13 - Jun 16 by Ryorry

Tbf Sparks, I did at first misread the thread header as "post pandemic tripe"!

Are you suggesting that the TWTD forum didn't contain tripe before and during the pandemic?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Post pandemic trips on 13:06 - Jun 16 with 300 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

The post-trump comment I fail to understand, especially when people are more than willing to visit countries with much more unsavoury regimes. Not aimed at yourself. When I was in Cuba last year I found it very amusing that more than one set of Canadians said they wouldn't go to the US with Trump in charge...totally missing the irony of being sat in Cuba with all the blood on the hands of their regime!
Post pandemic trips on 13:20 - Jun 16 with 287 viewspeterleeblue

Ideally I would like to "retire" in the next 3 years. Maybe take a 5 year time out of work (age 55-60).

Trips and plans
Hire a narrowboat for 3 months and basically socially distance myself from the utter madness going on.

Finally visit family in Australia

Retrain into a role that actually gives back to society (accept much lower pay) and not be driven by league table performance and inordinate stress and pressure in the pursuit of profit.
Post pandemic trips on 13:46 - Jun 16 with 269 viewsWeWereZombies

Post pandemic trips on 13:06 - Jun 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

The post-trump comment I fail to understand, especially when people are more than willing to visit countries with much more unsavoury regimes. Not aimed at yourself. When I was in Cuba last year I found it very amusing that more than one set of Canadians said they wouldn't go to the US with Trump in charge...totally missing the irony of being sat in Cuba with all the blood on the hands of their regime!

When you say 'blood on the hands of their regime' do you mean Canada or Cuba?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024