Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Up the Saints 19:10 - Jun 19 with 6082 viewsBluefish

norwich are terrible

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Up the Saints on 19:48 - Jun 19 with 1781 viewsstrikalite

Up the Saints on 19:43 - Jun 19 by Chrisd

They’ve got some good youngsters there, Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis and Cantwell will generate a serious transfer kitty, if they are under pressure to sell.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 19:44]

Indeed, Cantwell, Lewis and Godfrey probably all worth £50m each, totally different world they're in now..
Up the Saints on 19:49 - Jun 19 with 1778 viewsBluefish

Up the Saints on 19:48 - Jun 19 by strikalite

Indeed, Cantwell, Lewis and Godfrey probably all worth £50m each, totally different world they're in now..

No chance! All values have taken a huge hit from covid

Aarons probably worth the most

Up the Saints on 19:51 - Jun 19 with 1762 viewsstrikalite

Up the Saints on 19:49 - Jun 19 by Bluefish

No chance! All values have taken a huge hit from covid

Aarons probably worth the most

Maybe but the Prem Clubs will still get their massive Sky purse for next season I'd have thought..
Up the Saints on 19:52 - Jun 19 with 1762 viewsEastTownBlue

Full time .... booooooooo
Up the Saints on 19:52 - Jun 19 with 1760 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Up the Saints on 19:46 - Jun 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

“He’d get my vote for manager of the season”

Christ, a lot of your other views make a lot more sense now

I can see the argument that what he and Pearson have done to turn relegation certainties into teams that will/could stay up is as impressive as taking a side that nearly won the league last season to winning it at a canter this one.

Of course, Klopp deserves it because he built that team last season and to motivate them to go one step further after the disappointment of missing out last season is impressive. However, there are different expectations with different sets of players.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Up the Saints on 19:54 - Jun 19 with 1751 viewsBluefish

Up the Saints on 19:52 - Jun 19 by EastTownBlue

Full time .... booooooooo

They are that sh*t that this thread couldn't even jinx it

Up the Saints on 19:57 - Jun 19 with 1727 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Up the Saints on 19:54 - Jun 19 by Bluefish

They are that sh*t that this thread couldn't even jinx it

This is comfortably the best thread you have started.

Of course, had it have jinxed it then it would not have been but there was no jinxing that. They have no fight in them. The commentator said they have 100% record of losing when they go behind. Such a contrast to their fight to the end attitude last season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Up the Saints on 20:20 - Jun 19 with 1661 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Up the Saints on 19:52 - Jun 19 by Nthsuffolkblue

I can see the argument that what he and Pearson have done to turn relegation certainties into teams that will/could stay up is as impressive as taking a side that nearly won the league last season to winning it at a canter this one.

Of course, Klopp deserves it because he built that team last season and to motivate them to go one step further after the disappointment of missing out last season is impressive. However, there are different expectations with different sets of players.

That would be a fair point if Hassenhutl hadn’t been the manager in charge when they got into difficulty

Not saying he hasn’t done a decent job, but manager of the season is ridiculous

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Up the Saints on 20:20 - Jun 19 with 1658 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Up the Saints on 19:47 - Jun 19 by Chrisd

Probably say the same about a lot of your views too, but there you go.

That doesn’t make any sense

Up the Saints on 20:30 - Jun 19 with 1626 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What Naaaarchh need is Super Mick!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Up the Saints on 20:31 - Jun 19 with 1619 viewsChrisd

Up the Saints on 20:20 - Jun 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That would be a fair point if Hassenhutl hadn’t been the manager in charge when they got into difficulty

Not saying he hasn’t done a decent job, but manager of the season is ridiculous

Of course it isn’t, they were a team looking certainties for relegation, in most cases a manager that is in that much trouble gets the sack, but credit to him and the Southampton squad they’ve turned it around significantly. That takes some doing. He’ll be one of the candidates, I’ll be amazed if he isn’t.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 5:12]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Up the Saints on 20:33 - Jun 19 with 1612 viewsChrisd

Up the Saints on 20:20 - Jun 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That doesn’t make any sense

Appreciate it is a Friday evening, but it’s really not that difficult to comprehend.

Up the Saints on 20:36 - Jun 19 with 1602 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Up the Saints on 20:31 - Jun 19 by Chrisd

Of course it isn’t, they were a team looking certainties for relegation, in most cases a manager that is in that much trouble gets the sack, but credit to him and the Southampton squad they’ve turned it around significantly. That takes some doing. He’ll be one of the candidates, I’ll be amazed if he isn’t.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2020 5:12]

He’s saved them from a situation he got them into. Props to him for that and he certainly hasn’t done a bad job after all, but it’s hardly up there in the miracle bracket

It’ll be Wilder or Klopp, quite obviously

Up the Saints on 20:38 - Jun 19 with 1593 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Up the Saints on 20:33 - Jun 19 by Chrisd

Appreciate it is a Friday evening, but it’s really not that difficult to comprehend.

Your post said that you thinking Hassenhutl should be manager of the season means my views make sense

Which doesn’t make any sense

Up the Saints on 20:48 - Jun 19 with 1570 viewsChrisd

Up the Saints on 20:38 - Jun 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Your post said that you thinking Hassenhutl should be manager of the season means my views make sense

Which doesn’t make any sense

Let’s put it this way, if he is one of the nominations then you can apologise to me then. If he isn’t, then I’ll acknowledge you were right. You’re entitled to your view and so is everybody else on this forum, but he’s done a fantastic job from where they were after that Leicester game, there’s not many that come back swinging after getting a drumming like that and as Town fans we should know.

Up the Saints on 21:05 - Jun 19 with 1518 viewsBlueBadger

All that effort they went to to avoid relegation and now they're to be relegated in fashion only marginally less humiliating than us anyway.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Up the Saints on 21:07 - Jun 19 with 1511 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Up the Saints on 20:48 - Jun 19 by Chrisd

Let’s put it this way, if he is one of the nominations then you can apologise to me then. If he isn’t, then I’ll acknowledge you were right. You’re entitled to your view and so is everybody else on this forum, but he’s done a fantastic job from where they were after that Leicester game, there’s not many that come back swinging after getting a drumming like that and as Town fans we should know.

That’s lovely, but none of that changes that your post didn’t make sense

He clearly isn’t manager of the year though, and whilst bouncing back from losing 9-0 is impressive it is rather undermined by losing 9-0 in the first place

Up the Saints on 21:13 - Jun 19 with 1493 viewsBlueBadger

Up the Saints on 19:13 - Jun 19 by TheTrueBlue1878

Didn't someone link 'best team to ever be relegated', they are horrendous!

I really like Hassenhuttl. Spitting image of his RB Leipzig approach at Southampton now.

Frankly, WE had spells looking better in 94/95 than they do right now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Up the Saints on 21:15 - Jun 19 with 1491 viewsBlueBadger

Up the Saints on 19:22 - Jun 19 by Chrisd

He’d get my vote for manager of the season. How they have responded from that 0-9 drumming by Leicester City earlier in the season and now look like they are going to avoid relegation comfortably is an incredible achievement. The wheels could’ve completely fallen off at that point, but they’ve bounced back spectacularly. Come on the Saints!!

Lest people forget, this is a side that we drew with last season. That's how bad they are.

Up the Saints on 21:17 - Jun 19 with 1483 viewsChrisd

Up the Saints on 21:07 - Jun 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That’s lovely, but none of that changes that your post didn’t make sense

He clearly isn’t manager of the year though, and whilst bouncing back from losing 9-0 is impressive it is rather undermined by losing 9-0 in the first place

In your opinion, others might think differently, we’ll see come the end of the season. Anyway, this is getting rather monotonous, we’ve both given our point of view. Time to move on.

Up the Saints on 21:20 - Jun 19 with 1468 viewsMillsey

Up the Saints on 19:48 - Jun 19 by strikalite

They looked like 50p players tonight
Up the Saints on 21:24 - Jun 19 with 1458 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mind The Gap. LOL.

Ah....

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Up the Saints on 21:25 - Jun 19 with 1452 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Up the Saints on 21:17 - Jun 19 by Chrisd

In your opinion, others might think differently, we’ll see come the end of the season. Anyway, this is getting rather monotonous, we’ve both given our point of view. Time to move on.

Others may well think differently. But those people also have rather mental views, as the idea that a manager taking an established PL side to a comfortable but mediocre 13th place in the table (losing a game 9-0 in the process) has done a better job than one that has dropped 5 points all season, or another that has taken a promoted side to CL contention, is clearly ridiculous

Up the Saints on 21:27 - Jun 19 with 1441 viewsjaykay

Up the Saints on 19:24 - Jun 19 by Steve_M

Think how sh1t you'll be once you sell Pukki in the, err, early Autumn.

i thought barcelona snapped him up just before covid 19

anyway norwich were only following government guide lines and keeping 2 metres social distancing from the southampton players
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 21:33]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Up the Saints on 21:32 - Jun 19 with 1425 viewsChrisd

Up the Saints on 21:25 - Jun 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Others may well think differently. But those people also have rather mental views, as the idea that a manager taking an established PL side to a comfortable but mediocre 13th place in the table (losing a game 9-0 in the process) has done a better job than one that has dropped 5 points all season, or another that has taken a promoted side to CL contention, is clearly ridiculous

Thanks for that, so much clearer after the umpteenth time you’ve explained your point. 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024