Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time 10:11 - Jun 27 with 736 viewsGeoffSentence

At Town we have a regular rythm of winning something every 19 years, since Sir Alf's might triumph in 1962.

We won the Football league Championship on 28th April 1962
19 years 22 days later on 22nd May 1981 we won the UEFA Cup
19 years 7 days later on 29th May 2000 we won promotion back to the premier league

The two Pauls broke that model by getting us relegated 19 years later, strictly speaking I suppose it was a little under 19 years since we went down with a whimper very early,

Also in the season that we won the football league, Liverpool got promoted from the second tier

Finally, here's a date for your diary, on 2nd June 2021 the same amount of time will have passed since our last game in the Premier League as there was between winning the Football League and the UEFA Cup.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time on 10:16 - Jun 27 with 701 viewsNewcyBlue

Morning Geoff,

Aren’t you a ray of sunshine! I was having a reasonable morning until I read this.

FOPRP.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time on 10:20 - Jun 27 with 689 viewsGeoffSentence

Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time on 10:16 - Jun 27 by NewcyBlue

Morning Geoff,

Aren’t you a ray of sunshine! I was having a reasonable morning until I read this.

FOPRP.

Haha, I know, as I finished I did think, that's fecking miserable isn't it.

Sorry to spoil your morning, throw a rating overboard, that might lift the mood a little.

Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time on 10:21 - Jun 27 with 683 viewsNewcyBlue

Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time on 10:20 - Jun 27 by GeoffSentence

Haha, I know, as I finished I did think, that's fecking miserable isn't it.

Sorry to spoil your morning, throw a rating overboard, that might lift the mood a little.

The ratings here are actually alright. Decent people on here, which is the only positive!

Besides ruining peoples weekend, what else are you up to?!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time on 10:31 - Jun 27 with 644 viewsmonty_radio

Mourning Geoff

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time on 10:35 - Jun 27 with 621 viewsbournemouthblue

Let's hope it's a promotion based trophy and not the tin pot trophy

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time on 10:35 - Jun 27 with 619 viewsGeoffSentence

Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time on 10:21 - Jun 27 by NewcyBlue

The ratings here are actually alright. Decent people on here, which is the only positive!

Besides ruining peoples weekend, what else are you up to?!

I am somewhat lethargic this morning having drunk more than is usual for me last night and also having tried some of my daughter's odd, and frankly revolting, alcholic drinks. Tequila Rosé and some passion fruit horror for example. It may account for the somewhat melancholic tone of my OP.

How are the seven seas treating you today?

Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time on 10:42 - Jun 27 with 601 viewsTractorboy24

By this logic are you not ignoring us winning the FA Cup and getting promoted twice?
Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time on 10:45 - Jun 27 with 582 viewsGeoffSentence

Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time on 10:42 - Jun 27 by Tractorboy24

By this logic are you not ignoring us winning the FA Cup and getting promoted twice?

No, not at all, they are just extra-rhythmic events. I do wonder what thing of magnitude will happen to us in 2038, and I hope to be around to witness it.

Login to get fewer ads

Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time on 10:48 - Jun 27 with 568 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time on 10:45 - Jun 27 by GeoffSentence

No, not at all, they are just extra-rhythmic events. I do wonder what thing of magnitude will happen to us in 2038, and I hope to be around to witness it.

Surely all promotions are equal?

Can't see us getting promotion to the prem in the next 19 years, but we should get out of league 1. 'Should'!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Some disconcerting thoughts on Town and time on 10:59 - Jun 27 with 517 viewsKeno

so basically you are saying Lambert out

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024