Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New contract for Woolfenden? 10:41 - Jul 1 with 2166 viewsMullet

11am?

Phil?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

New contract for Woolfenden? on 12:39 - Jul 1 with 466 viewsitfcjoe

New contract for Woolfenden? on 11:39 - Jul 1 by PhilTWTD

Was before Woolfenden's name started to become more prominent as well.

Re Downes, have had people suggest to me that at least some of the apparently interested parties don't think he does enough yet to move to the sort of clubs which would be able to afford the level of fee we'd want.

I think that if West Ham were a properly run club they'd be buying Downes for £5m with a view to having a look at him and then if not ready sorting him a loan in the Championship. Similar to what Brighton have done with Matt Clarke.

Downes far too good for this division now, Championship clubs have no money, and a well run club would effectively be able to get him somewhere where if all things go well his value goes from £5m to £15m whilst being in control of his rights

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

New contract for Woolfenden? on 12:52 - Jul 1 with 427 viewstractorboy1978

New contract for Woolfenden? on 12:39 - Jul 1 by itfcjoe

I think that if West Ham were a properly run club they'd be buying Downes for £5m with a view to having a look at him and then if not ready sorting him a loan in the Championship. Similar to what Brighton have done with Matt Clarke.

Downes far too good for this division now, Championship clubs have no money, and a well run club would effectively be able to get him somewhere where if all things go well his value goes from £5m to £15m whilst being in control of his rights

I agree he's too good for this level. You don't see £5m thrown about for players at this level too often though. And the current situation makes it less likely.
New contract for Woolfenden? on 13:30 - Jul 1 with 369 viewsHerbivore

New contract for Woolfenden? on 12:33 - Jul 1 by Beckets

I’m not surprised by the observations about Downes. He doesn’t score enough or create enough at the moment to be anything above Championship level imo.

Same with Woolf really, doesn't score or create much at all.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024