Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hang on a minute Boris 09:16 - Jul 11 with 5311 viewssolomon

Face masks in shops, ok then if we must, but how about making it official rather than some passing off the cuff comment. More worryingly is “return to the office” What if I can’t socially distance, do I then wear a face mask? One would assume “work from home if you can” is now defunct?

Getting this genie back into the bottle is harder than he thought

His mind seems to be like his hair style, sort of all over the place.

Or (as I hope) I’ve interpreted this whole completely wrong?
Hang on a minute Boris on 13:52 - Jul 15 with 812 viewsuefacup81

Hang on a minute Boris on 13:08 - Jul 15 by Ely_Blue

Well fck me that’s a very broad sweeping statement about every 50-80 year old in the country, you sure you don’t want to throw a racist comment in there along with the ageist one?

I stand by my comments.

In the three months of social distancing and the like, the only people I've encountered any issues with have been in that age range. The kind that have the absolute arrogance to think that they're somehow above the guidelines, and refuse to take the blindest bit of notice if you politely ask them to back away and stop breathing down your neck.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Hang on a minute Boris on 14:24 - Jul 15 with 799 viewsMullet

Hang on a minute Boris on 13:02 - Jul 15 by StokieBlue

It seems most of those things are secondary-school centric? I was referring to primary schools - I should have been clearer - apologies.

For instance primary school kids walking to school on their own in central London isn't really that feasible in many situations.

Whether 9-5 is up for negotiation is entirely dependent on the job someone is doing.

I know it's difficult, I think that schools are certainly doing their best but it's going to be very hard for everyone. It's entirely geared towards the parents either not working or working from home. Given this the government pushing for people to get back in the office whilst schools are working to timetable where parents aren't in the office is just another example of the disjointed approach from the government.

Thanks for the Scotland info.

SB

Sorry, yes the picture in Primary will be different and I wouldn't advocate children that young being left to walk home etc obviously.

In terms of primary parents, if bosses aren't flexible here and goodwill isn't extended beyond teaching then there were will be even more bumps in the road for this government. However, there is also an argument that primary school aged children tend to have less parents in full time work too and the extent of the disruption can only be measured once schools go back.

I do not like the fines system at all, but I'll not stray into personal opinion again there.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hang on a minute Boris on 14:52 - Jul 15 with 759 viewsjaykay

Hang on a minute Boris on 13:52 - Jul 15 by uefacup81

I stand by my comments.

In the three months of social distancing and the like, the only people I've encountered any issues with have been in that age range. The kind that have the absolute arrogance to think that they're somehow above the guidelines, and refuse to take the blindest bit of notice if you politely ask them to back away and stop breathing down your neck.

seems a lot of these under 50s didn't social distance when it was mandatory . so i expect they will be the same in supermarkets , regarding masks

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Hang on a minute Boris on 15:10 - Jul 15 with 744 viewsuefacup81

Hang on a minute Boris on 14:52 - Jul 15 by jaykay

seems a lot of these under 50s didn't social distance when it was mandatory . so i expect they will be the same in supermarkets , regarding masks

I can't speak for anything other than my own experiences, but the various people I've had barge past me, reach across me, and refuse to back away in queues in supermarkets have all been over 50.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Hang on a minute Boris on 22:20 - Jul 15 with 703 viewsEly_Blue

Hang on a minute Boris on 15:10 - Jul 15 by uefacup81

I can't speak for anything other than my own experiences, but the various people I've had barge past me, reach across me, and refuse to back away in queues in supermarkets have all been over 50.

Did you ask them all their age? Dare I ask your age?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Hang on a minute Boris on 23:16 - Jul 15 with 695 viewsreusersfreekicks

Nonsense
Hang on a minute Boris on 00:12 - Jul 16 with 681 viewsjeera

Well if you will insist on going to the over 50s only slots.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024