Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike 07:25 - Jul 14 with 3096 viewsbluelagos

Do I get to pay without getting moaned at for not taking my helmet off now ;-)

Where are J2 and Rommers, 2 of the more vocal twtd helmet police...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 19:39 - Jul 14 with 1068 viewsbluelagos

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 15:38 - Jul 14 by jeera

That would depend on whether you pressed the button knowing the road was empty first!

I hate people who press the thing then realise the road is clear and just walk across.

You drive up to the thing moments later and sit there staring at an empty crossing.

Enjoy Jeera.

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 19:45 - Jul 14 with 1060 viewsShawsey

Been wearing mine since covid lockdown and nobody has asked me to take it off or lift the visor. Like you say, they use to demand you took it off before entering so they could see your face. How times have changed over the last 4 months or so.
So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 19:50 - Jul 14 with 1055 viewsbluelagos

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 19:45 - Jul 14 by Shawsey

Been wearing mine since covid lockdown and nobody has asked me to take it off or lift the visor. Like you say, they use to demand you took it off before entering so they could see your face. How times have changed over the last 4 months or so.

What you ride Shawsey?

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 19:52 - Jul 14 with 1050 viewsjeera

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 19:39 - Jul 14 by bluelagos

Enjoy Jeera.

Oh no, you've got the wrong idea.

That could be me driving in that video - I am generally a pretty tolerant and friendly driver.

As long as no one presses the button on a crossing when nothing is coming!

If it's a fit and healthy person on a non busy road who doesn't need to stop the world because of some perception of self importance.

Just wait until there's a sodding gap and go for it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 19:57 - Jul 14 with 1043 viewsMullet

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 19:50 - Jul 14 by bluelagos

What you ride Shawsey?

I'm gonna guess it's a motorbike.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 20:01 - Jul 14 with 1038 viewsjeera

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 19:45 - Jul 14 by Shawsey

I always thought it was to make you easier to tackle if they was a problem.

You can't whack someone over the head if they're wearing a crash helmet.

I can't see the problem to be honest.

If I own a service station, I don't want someone filling their bike and riding off and I want to limit the opportunity of someone walking in and robbing my tills.

That's not hard to understand surely.

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 20:03 - Jul 14 with 1034 viewsShawsey

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 20:01 - Jul 14 by jeera

I always thought it was to make you easier to tackle if they was a problem.

You can't whack someone over the head if they're wearing a crash helmet.

I can't see the problem to be honest.

If I own a service station, I don't want someone filling their bike and riding off and I want to limit the opportunity of someone walking in and robbing my tills.

That's not hard to understand surely.

So they can see your face on security cameras. Never a big deal for me, just how times have changed.
So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 20:05 - Jul 14 with 1030 viewsjeera

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 20:03 - Jul 14 by Shawsey

So they can see your face on security cameras. Never a big deal for me, just how times have changed.

I can't see how there's any level on which to find a comparison if I'm honest.

There's a pandemic happening.

It's not exactly a gotcha moment under the circumstances.

Login to get fewer ads

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 20:13 - Jul 14 with 1015 viewsShawsey

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 20:05 - Jul 14 by jeera

I can't see how there's any level on which to find a comparison if I'm honest.

There's a pandemic happening.

It's not exactly a gotcha moment under the circumstances.

Think we are at cross wires here. I don't have a problem with taking my crash helmet off in shops and petrol stations. When I have entered in the past, I have been asked to remove it for security reasons. Since covid lockdown, I haven't been asked once to remove it at a petrol station. Not a problem or a big deal, just agreeing with the OP.
So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 20:38 - Jul 14 with 1001 viewsJ2BLUE

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 19:34 - Jul 14 by bluelagos

You and Glassers both bet me £20 there would be a UsA UK trade deal in place within 6 months of Brexit.

Charity bet which I am happy to take as a donation for my Lands End to John O'Groats cycle ride although I think Glassers stipulated Islamic Aid (for refugees?)

https://localgiving.org/fundraising/Nick-cycling-LEJOG-FIND/?fbclid=IwAR174zk2Sr

Well that was a bloody stupid bet.

I've paid up early. I think it's safe to say this one has lost

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 21:18 - Jul 14 with 988 viewsbluelagos

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 20:38 - Jul 14 by J2BLUE

Well that was a bloody stupid bet.

I've paid up early. I think it's safe to say this one has lost

Tbf, you and Glassers were both in your post Brexit vote phase, prior to seeing the error of your ways ;-)

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 21:20 - Jul 14 with 985 viewsbluelagos

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 21:18 - Jul 14 by bluelagos

Tbf, you and Glassers were both in your post Brexit vote phase, prior to seeing the error of your ways ;-)

And cheers for the donation.

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 22:26 - Jul 14 with 971 viewsJ2BLUE

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 21:20 - Jul 14 by bluelagos

And cheers for the donation.

You're welcome, great cause

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 22:43 - Jul 14 with 968 viewsCoastalblue

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 09:25 - Jul 14 by bluelagos

Some of the bollox coming out is fooking nonsense though.

Below - is lifted from some guidance for a motorbike club I am part of. This was genuinely issued yesterday ref social rides.
-------------------

Rides will be in separate groups, each with a ride leader assigned in advance

Only the Ride Leader will be issued with the route in advance of the day.

Each Ride Leader will have a different route from start to finish, there are 8 different routes, all tried and tested by the Ride Leader team.

People wanting to attend must text <redacted> on 07xxxxxxxxx no later than mid-day on Friday 14th August to confirm attendance.

<Redacted> will assign each attendee to a Ride Leader and notify you of your start time and meeting point.

<Redacted> will maintain a spreadsheet of who has done which route, to ensure that you are not assigned to the same route more than once.

It will not be possible to simply turn up on the day, as we have to limit the numbers in each group, so riders who have not pre-booked and been assigned a ride leader will not be able to ride with the group.

All riders must arrive in time for the briefing, anyone missing the briefing will not be allowed to join the ride.

The bloke that wrote that? That's the bloke I get sat next to at weddings when I don't know anybody else.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 06:58 - Jul 15 with 920 viewssolomon

So next time I pay for petrol on my motorbike on 09:28 - Jul 14 by bluelagos

I have a flip lid Bully.

My main argument is the absurdity of thinking that a sign that says "Remove your helmet" would act as a deterrent to an armed robber. Suspect anyone who uses to guns to rob garages isn't overly worried about ignoring such requests.

To be fair any self respecting armed robber is literally just going turn up with a face mask now, then just blend into the crowd as a getaway.

Jobs a good un
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024