Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toy gun story 22:55 - Jul 24 with 8896 viewsjeera

Has this been covered on here?

The kid is sitting on the sofa in the living room and a passerby reported it to the police who then show up pointing guns at the family? Bloody hell:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-53532799

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Toy gun story on 22:52 - Jul 26 with 1867 viewsjeera

Toy gun story on 21:44 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

You're so close to seeing your way through to the truth of the matter here Bully... But it's just beyond you.

This is it according to a pic released by his mum:

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BB17daCd.img

That is an effing toy.

Toy gun story on 23:11 - Jul 26 with 1815 viewsLittleBoyBlue

Toy gun story on 22:52 - Jul 26 by jeera

This is it according to a pic released by his mum:

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BB17daCd.img

That is an effing toy.

Yes it looks like a real gun except the blue slide, which when viewed in a darkened room from the outside, you wouldn'tbe able to differentiate the colour.
Now we all know the difference because we have discussed it and I shared a link explaining the differences that air pistols have to have to be considered legal.
While it's understandable to get upset if the police saw it and still broke the door down, which is mentioned in the article that they didn't storm the house the kid opened the door to let them in after they knocked, then there could be a grievance over what happened.
But I'm pretty sure most of the general public have absolutely no clue the difference between an air pistol and real gun, they see a gun and report it as a dangerous weapon because that's what it looks like to people who haven't done training or used an air pistol.
Why do you keep trying to make drama out of things that are simple. Why do you thrive so much on causing conflict and hate amongst people by deliberately misleading and twisting everything to suit your agenda??
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 23:19]

"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things."

Toy gun story on 23:16 - Jul 26 with 1842 viewsSpruceMoose

Toy gun story on 23:11 - Jul 26 by LittleBoyBlue

Yes it looks like a real gun except the blue slide, which when viewed in a darkened room from the outside, you wouldn'tbe able to differentiate the colour.
Now we all know the difference because we have discussed it and I shared a link explaining the differences that air pistols have to have to be considered legal.
While it's understandable to get upset if the police saw it and still broke the door down, which is mentioned in the article that they didn't storm the house the kid opened the door to let them in after they knocked, then there could be a grievance over what happened.
But I'm pretty sure most of the general public have absolutely no clue the difference between an air pistol and real gun, they see a gun and report it as a dangerous weapon because that's what it looks like to people who haven't done training or used an air pistol.
Why do you keep trying to make drama out of things that are simple. Why do you thrive so much on causing conflict and hate amongst people by deliberately misleading and twisting everything to suit your agenda??

I have to say I'm staggered at the number of things you claim to have a deep and expert knowledge of. Regular Renaissance man ain't you?

That being said I'm unsure why you have to end the majority of your posts by belittling others. Perhaps an inferiority complex at play? 🤔

Jeera is a kind, thoughtful, intelligent poster who treats others as they treat him. You're free to insult and abuse me, as drawing fire appears to be my role here, but Jeera deserves more respect than you're showing him.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 23:24]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Toy gun story on 23:22 - Jul 26 with 1828 viewsjeera

Drama, what drama? And what agenda? Feck off you bore.

I'm talking to my pal you interfering attention seeker.

Who the hell is interested in your pointless waffle?

I've had you on ignore until now, but back you can pop.

Toy gun story on 23:24 - Jul 26 with 1819 viewsjeera

Toy gun story on 23:16 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

I have to say I'm staggered at the number of things you claim to have a deep and expert knowledge of. Regular Renaissance man ain't you?

That being said I'm unsure why you have to end the majority of your posts by belittling others. Perhaps an inferiority complex at play? 🤔

Jeera is a kind, thoughtful, intelligent poster who treats others as they treat him. You're free to insult and abuse me, as drawing fire appears to be my role here, but Jeera deserves more respect than you're showing him.

I like how he still thinks he's explaining things to other people.

"Here's a load of stuff telling you what you already know along with a few bits I've made up"

What a douche.

Toy gun story on 23:28 - Jul 26 with 1782 viewsLittleBoyBlue

Again you attack me, when I'm just pointing out logical facts.

I never said I was an expert, I am knowledgeable in the subject matter because it's something I have enjoyed as a pastime in my youth, and whilst I did say I wasn't up on the current laws of it, I have since read up on them.

As I have told you repeatedly, unlike you and Jeera if I'm not aufait with a subject, I don't comment, yet if I know something about the subject I'll read up on it, look at various sources and then post what I lnow and have read. Notice I follow up everything I write with links to multiple articles that prove the truth, which you have never been able to do, you just resort to name calling, bullying and abuse.

No it's a genuine question,I am completely baffled as to why someone like you Spruce and Jeera, both post only things that are designed to spread hate between people, that you both constantly stick up for one another by being rude and abusive to people who seem to be interested in having a discussion. As someone who is kind and caring towards others I want to understand what sort of sick excitement you both get from such divisive actions?

"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things."

Toy gun story on 23:29 - Jul 26 with 1804 viewsSpruceMoose

Toy gun story on 23:24 - Jul 26 by jeera

I like how he still thinks he's explaining things to other people.

"Here's a load of stuff telling you what you already know along with a few bits I've made up"

What a douche.

I think he's just a weird fantasist Jeera. I don't believe a word of what he's said on here. Anyone who corrects him ends up abused, and he doesn't even have the decency or manners to make that abuse concise. The worst kind of internet user. I think we have a genuine Walter Mitty on our hands.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 23:36]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Toy gun story on 23:30 - Jul 26 with 1804 viewsSpruceMoose

Toy gun story on 23:28 - Jul 26 by LittleBoyBlue

I never said I was an expert, I am knowledgeable in the subject matter because it's something I have enjoyed as a pastime in my youth, and whilst I did say I wasn't up on the current laws of it, I have since read up on them.

As I have told you repeatedly, unlike you and Jeera if I'm not aufait with a subject, I don't comment, yet if I know something about the subject I'll read up on it, look at various sources and then post what I lnow and have read. Notice I follow up everything I write with links to multiple articles that prove the truth, which you have never been able to do, you just resort to name calling, bullying and abuse.

No it's a genuine question,I am completely baffled as to why someone like you Spruce and Jeera, both post only things that are designed to spread hate between people, that you both constantly stick up for one another by being rude and abusive to people who seem to be interested in having a discussion. As someone who is kind and caring towards others I want to understand what sort of sick excitement you both get from such divisive actions?

More fantasy. Luckily your posts speak for themselves.

Login to get fewer ads

Toy gun story on 23:36 - Jul 26 with 1790 viewsjeera

Toy gun story on 23:29 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

I think he's just a weird fantasist Jeera. I don't believe a word of what he's said on here. Anyone who corrects him ends up abused, and he doesn't even have the decency or manners to make that abuse concise. The worst kind of internet user. I think we have a genuine Walter Mitty on our hands.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 23:36]

I've stuck him back on ignore for Phil's sake really.

But for someone who keeps on about knowledge, he's got to be the dumbest poster I've seen for quite some time.

Maybe his agenda is to infiltrate forums and bore the members.

Toy gun story on 23:37 - Jul 26 with 1786 viewsSpruceMoose

Toy gun story on 23:36 - Jul 26 by jeera

I've stuck him back on ignore for Phil's sake really.

But for someone who keeps on about knowledge, he's got to be the dumbest poster I've seen for quite some time.

Maybe his agenda is to infiltrate forums and bore the members.

I just wish he wouldn't keep interrupting interesting threads with his brain farts. Or at least learns to control his emotions when he's proved to be incorrect about something.

Toy gun story on 23:40 - Jul 26 with 1765 viewsLittleBoyBlue

Toy gun story on 23:30 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

More fantasy. Luckily your posts speak for themselves.

Yes you are full of fantasy, or so I've been told by dozens on here, it seems it's not just me who has noticed how disgustingly twisted and abusive you are.
Yes they do, full of informative facts and links that can be checked and verified.

Oh and as a last retort, you are a liar, both of you are big fat liars. You both repeatedly said you were going to block me and ignore me when I embarrassed you by proving you wrong repeatedly. Well as neither of you have done so, I'm calling out your lies, but then that all you're both full of.

Edit: As you are incapable of apologising when you have been proved wrong, and caught out lying yet again, trying to bully others, spreading hate and misinformation. I would appreciate it if you can please either go away or do as you promised and block me, because quite frankly although I am the most placid of people, the constant bile from you is draining and no matter how many times I reply peacefully and kindly to you and others, you start the abuse again, trying to provoke me into a response so you can then claim your needed victimhood.
Yes I'm fully aware of your warped tactics and that they don't really work on me upsets you no end, which is why you have been harassing me ever since I humiliated you by providing evidence and proving your claims wrong.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 23:50]

Toy gun story on 23:42 - Jul 26 with 1781 viewsSpruceMoose

Toy gun story on 23:40 - Jul 26 by LittleBoyBlue

Yes you are full of fantasy, or so I've been told by dozens on here, it seems it's not just me who has noticed how disgustingly twisted and abusive you are.
Yes they do, full of informative facts and links that can be checked and verified.

Oh and as a last retort, you are a liar, both of you are big fat liars. You both repeatedly said you were going to block me and ignore me when I embarrassed you by proving you wrong repeatedly. Well as neither of you have done so, I'm calling out your lies, but then that all you're both full of.

Edit: As you are incapable of apologising when you have been proved wrong, and caught out lying yet again, trying to bully others, spreading hate and misinformation. I would appreciate it if you can please either go away or do as you promised and block me, because quite frankly although I am the most placid of people, the constant bile from you is draining and no matter how many times I reply peacefully and kindly to you and others, you start the abuse again, trying to provoke me into a response so you can then claim your needed victimhood.
Yes I'm fully aware of your warped tactics and that they don't really work on me upsets you no end, which is why you have been harassing me ever since I humiliated you by providing evidence and proving your claims wrong.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 23:50]

In your experience do many mental heath professionals in their thirties or forties rant like a demented boomer online, or are you an outlier?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2020 23:45]

Toy gun story on 23:49 - Jul 26 with 1768 viewsjeera

Toy gun story on 23:37 - Jul 26 by SpruceMoose

I just wish he wouldn't keep interrupting interesting threads with his brain farts. Or at least learns to control his emotions when he's proved to be incorrect about something.

It's the same routine.

He sees a thread and tries to take over, thinking he's imparting some wisdom, but if you ignore it then he gets narked and the usual crap starts coming out.

Admin will get shot if it carries on no doubt.

I'm off, he can lurk and log off and wind himself up and log back in whilst he thinks of another 40 sentences of nothingness to post.

Toy gun story on 23:52 - Jul 26 with 1762 viewsSpruceMoose

Toy gun story on 23:49 - Jul 26 by jeera

It's the same routine.

He sees a thread and tries to take over, thinking he's imparting some wisdom, but if you ignore it then he gets narked and the usual crap starts coming out.

Admin will get shot if it carries on no doubt.

I'm off, he can lurk and log off and wind himself up and log back in whilst he thinks of another 40 sentences of nothingness to post.

Aye, I'm off for a pint and some dinner. Dr Fraud can have the dance floor to himself.

Toy gun story on 09:19 - Jul 28 with 1638 viewsKropotkin123

Toy gun story on 14:40 - Jul 26 by LittleBoyBlue

I had 2 air rifles growing up in the late 70's and 80's. My grandad bought them for me and we used to go shooting together, me and my friends also did it occasionally during summer holidays. As we grew up in the countryside, it was seen as a fairly normal pastime, plus my Grandad was a great believer in learning the realities of life, so any of the rabbits we managed to shoot(we had permission from the farmers), we had to skin, gut and cook ourselves.
I think anyone who eats meat should have to do something similar to this, at least once in their life, as it teaches you exactly where your food comes from and makes you more responsible person.
Nowadays it's different, with most kids idols appearing in action films or singing/rapping about violence and shooting others, waving guns around in film and music vids. Kids see it as a fashion accessory, not as the deadly weapons they actually are.
It's a another world we live in now, playing with air guns isn't the same way it used to be. I'll teach my kids when they are of an appropriate age, but I do agree that there's little point having them in the home lifestyle for kids growing up.

It's interesting reading this. Teaching someone the intended use of the object (the gun), as opposed to providing it as a toy. I intend to do something similar with knives from a young age - carving, cooking, etc all in a controlled environment under my supervision.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Toy gun story on 09:40 - Jul 28 with 1623 viewsHalf_Idiot

Toy gun story on 18:21 - Jul 25 by SpruceMoose

Fairly sure you just have to loudly declare that you have a licence and you have one. Much like giving away your citizenship or entering into bankruptcy, some things are done vocally. According to some at least...

Toy gun story on 13:38 - Jul 28 with 1580 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

"That being said I'm unsure why you have to end the majority of your posts by belittling others"

Incredible lack of self-awareness.
Toy gun story on 20:08 - Jul 28 with 1520 viewsjeera

Toy gun story on 09:19 - Jul 28 by Kropotkin123

It's interesting reading this. Teaching someone the intended use of the object (the gun), as opposed to providing it as a toy. I intend to do something similar with knives from a young age - carving, cooking, etc all in a controlled environment under my supervision.

He's also posted at length a red herring about toys not being distinguishable from the real thing by not incorporating colours.

He's claimed they all look the same and can be confused because these measures aren't implemented blah...

I then posted an image of the item itself which, clear as day, is a cheap plastic toy with a blue slider. So when faced with the very distinguishable features he was banging on about, he then ignores that and says I have an agenda.

It should be obvious that he has an agenda yet not many people seem to care about that, bizarrely.

Like the same agenda as the observer of a "black male with a gun".

When faced with facts he resorts to I have "an agenda".

The bloke's a tool and has done this on a few threads now.

Toy gun story on 20:15 - Jul 28 with 1516 viewsfooters

Toy gun story on 20:08 - Jul 28 by jeera

He's also posted at length a red herring about toys not being distinguishable from the real thing by not incorporating colours.

He's claimed they all look the same and can be confused because these measures aren't implemented blah...

I then posted an image of the item itself which, clear as day, is a cheap plastic toy with a blue slider. So when faced with the very distinguishable features he was banging on about, he then ignores that and says I have an agenda.

It should be obvious that he has an agenda yet not many people seem to care about that, bizarrely.

Like the same agenda as the observer of a "black male with a gun".

When faced with facts he resorts to I have "an agenda".

The bloke's a tool and has done this on a few threads now.

I think you'll find he's a highly qualified psychologist who's very well-adjusted but still continues arguing on a League One football team forum at 4am.

Don't mess with the likes of him, mate. Far too intelligent for anyone to tangle with!

But I fear he is a returning contrarian. Unfortunately he just can't remember his last login and all his electronic equipment was burgled :(

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Toy gun story on 20:21 - Jul 28 with 1506 viewsjeera

Toy gun story on 20:15 - Jul 28 by footers

I think you'll find he's a highly qualified psychologist who's very well-adjusted but still continues arguing on a League One football team forum at 4am.

Don't mess with the likes of him, mate. Far too intelligent for anyone to tangle with!

But I fear he is a returning contrarian. Unfortunately he just can't remember his last login and all his electronic equipment was burgled :(

No educated person uses so many redundant words.

Concision, as you will know, is one of the first things a student is taught when it comes to essay writing.

School children add lots of words to pad out the page.

I remember doing it.

Toy gun story on 20:28 - Jul 28 with 1491 viewsfooters

Toy gun story on 20:21 - Jul 28 by jeera

No educated person uses so many redundant words.

Concision, as you will know, is one of the first things a student is taught when it comes to essay writing.

School children add lots of words to pad out the page.

I remember doing it.

As Spruce pointed out, it's what stupid people think intelligent people sound like. An economy of words is the way forward, not some half-baked Rees-Mogg soundalike.

I didn't know soundalike was an actual word until my spellchecker didn't flag it. And that is the one thing I've learnt for the day.

Namaste.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Toy gun story on 00:19 - Jul 29 with 1454 viewsreusersfreekicks

Do you seriously think this would have happened in Tonbridge Wells? Of course not. Structural racism.
Toy gun story on 00:22 - Jul 29 with 1449 viewsreusersfreekicks

Toy gun story on 23:28 - Jul 26 by LittleBoyBlue

So why did you talk so much about air pistols and air rifles when this was a toy gun? It's not about stirring up controversy or hatred it's about the inequities and injustices in our society.
Toy gun story on 00:32 - Jul 29 with 1443 viewsjeera

Toy gun story on 00:22 - Jul 29 by reusersfreekicks

So why did you talk so much about air pistols and air rifles when this was a toy gun? It's not about stirring up controversy or hatred it's about the inequities and injustices in our society.

Exactly, it's all deflection.

The incident and the circumstances surrounding it are straightforward but to obfuscate the poster goes off on some weird tangent.

Some people will go to any lengths to justify themselves.

In the States we've seen so many examples of black people being shot under what should be innocent circumstances:

Someone killed in their living room watching tv because a nosey neighbour reported seeing the front door open; the police showed up, entered the property and shot dead the first black person they saw.

The police officer who finished work, walked into the wrong apartment and shot dead the black owner of the apartment because she thought he'd invaded her home.

The kid was in his own home minding his own business and ended up with police weapons trained on him and his family.

It's not difficult. It should never have happened.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024