Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... 09:32 - Jul 25 with 5071 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....must be all of those more pressing things like Johnny Depp and the Royal Family, Captain Tom and passports...#dumdownmotherf@ckers
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/24/portland-trump-order-federal-off
[Post edited 25 Jul 2020 9:33]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 15:38 - Jul 25 with 1266 viewsWeWereZombies

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 13:47 - Jul 25 by Tangledupin_Blue

Took me three goes to read that number. Couldn't you have rounded it up to 47 trillion?

He was just phising

And he got a byte or two

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 19:27 - Jul 25 with 1230 viewsEly_Blue

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 12:11 - Jul 25 by BlueBadger

You don't find it a tad concerning that the world's most powerful nation is being run by authoritarian white supremascists?

In the same way as I don’t care what Jehovah witnesses say and believe in unless they come preaching at my front door then I couldn’t give a damn if the good old US of A wants to implode as unless the sheep in this country want to follow it won’t affect us

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 21:07 - Jul 25 with 1213 viewsglasso

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 10:00 - Jul 25 by WeWereZombies

C'mon, you know what he meant. The news that gets shown to you when you first access the website, or listen to an hourly bulletin or watch the news headlines on TV. On your logic you have to know that something is going down in Portland first, or you spend two or three hours every morning typing the names of the World's major cities into the search box on either a news website or Google (taking into account the Google's skewed censorship and presentation, of course). We should be able to rely on our national broadcaster to present a balanced news agenda.

Also, I am hoping that Hampstead_Blue gives Bankster an uppie for posting a positive news link about a couple of Navy veterans.

It's almost as if news websites these days have all the data right at their fingertips and can tell straight away what news articles people are most interested I and what deserves a place on their homepage...
So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 21:13 - Jul 25 with 1207 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 21:07 - Jul 25 by glasso

It's almost as if news websites these days have all the data right at their fingertips and can tell straight away what news articles people are most interested I and what deserves a place on their homepage...

So what has Kim Kardashian been up to now?

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 21:17 - Jul 25 with 1202 viewsjeera

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 19:27 - Jul 25 by Ely_Blue

In the same way as I don’t care what Jehovah witnesses say and believe in unless they come preaching at my front door then I couldn’t give a damn if the good old US of A wants to implode as unless the sheep in this country want to follow it won’t affect us

It matters because everything the US does affects us in one way or another.

Their country is the most influential on the planet whether we like it or not and the old adage about them sneezing is still as true today.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 21:59 - Jul 25 with 1176 viewsLittleBoyBlue

Like all things media related these days, if it isn't click worthy to add money to their pockets, or numbers of views, etc. Then it's not considered news worthy, the majority of people only really care about celebrities, sports, fashionable trends or crimes in their back yards; everything else is considered not important.
Theres still wars, famines, slavery going on all over the world, but all anyone cares about what their favourite celebrity is eating or wearing.
I despair of humanity at times, individuals aren't too bad mostly, but collectively they bring everything down to the lowest common denominator.

"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things."

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 23:16 - Jul 25 with 1140 viewsmonytowbray

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 10:29 - Jul 25 by Ely_Blue

Erm did I say if it isn’t happening in Ely it isn’t happening but why should what the us law enforcement officers are doing in the US have a bearing on what we should be watching on our news channels? If they want to self implode their country then let them, less people taking up valuable oxygen

Ely lacks empathy.

Tell us something we didn’t know.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 08:48 - Jul 26 with 1095 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What the actual.....
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/26/car-drives-through-black-lives-m

"In Colorado, protesters have been drawing attention to the death of Elijah McClain, who was stopped by police while walking down an Aurora street in August 2019 after a 911 caller reported him as suspicious. Police placed him in a chokehold, and paramedics administered 500 milligrams of ketamine, a sedative, to calm him down. He went into cardiac arrest, was later declared brain dead and taken off life support."

Login to get fewer ads

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 15:17 - Jul 26 with 1064 viewsjeera

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 08:48 - Jul 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

What the actual.....
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/26/car-drives-through-black-lives-m

"In Colorado, protesters have been drawing attention to the death of Elijah McClain, who was stopped by police while walking down an Aurora street in August 2019 after a 911 caller reported him as suspicious. Police placed him in a chokehold, and paramedics administered 500 milligrams of ketamine, a sedative, to calm him down. He went into cardiac arrest, was later declared brain dead and taken off life support."

It was reported at the time.

It's been highlighted since.

People generally don't care.

"All Lives Matter!" etc. Feck off with that one.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 11:05 - Jul 27 with 1013 viewsglasso

So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 21:59 - Jul 25 by LittleBoyBlue

Like all things media related these days, if it isn't click worthy to add money to their pockets, or numbers of views, etc. Then it's not considered news worthy, the majority of people only really care about celebrities, sports, fashionable trends or crimes in their back yards; everything else is considered not important.
Theres still wars, famines, slavery going on all over the world, but all anyone cares about what their favourite celebrity is eating or wearing.
I despair of humanity at times, individuals aren't too bad mostly, but collectively they bring everything down to the lowest common denominator.

When you say 'to add money to their pockets,' you really mean 'to pay the journalists for writing the articles.'

People these days seem to think journalism is free. It's not.
So why isn't this featuring regularly on BBC news.... on 12:42 - Jul 27 with 978 viewsSharkey

I think more reprehensible by the BBC is their lack of coverage of what's going on in Minsk. Young people are struggling bravely for basic democratic rights, their biggest push in years for the end of the dictatorship, and the BBC pays almost no attention. If (or rather when, probably) these demonstrations fail, organisers and random crowd-members will be carted off to prison or 'psychiatric hospital' and most people in UK won't even know anything happened. Because the country is poor, nobody is interested, thinks the BBC.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024