Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Captaincy 14:06 - Aug 23 with 941 viewsdeano85

Just a thought, has chambers and ward been on the field at the same time yet?
PL seems to be singing wards praises, and its not gone unnoticed that ward has captained the side...
I dont belive for a second that ward will replace chambers permanently but he does seemed to have jumped skuse...
However, if chambers was to find himself down the cb pecking order the VC would be captain more often...
Do we think this was what bought ward here?
Things needed to change so maybe this is it, casually pushing the cap to 1 side..?
Captaincy on 14:20 - Aug 23 with 902 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Captaincy on 14:41 - Aug 23 with 856 viewsclive_baker

I'm not sure why Chambers gets such a bad time on here. Yes he made one or 2 mistakes last year, but name me a player that didn't. On the whole our central defence was largely OK, and he's clearly still firmly good enough for League 1. Of all of our problem areas last season, Chambers wasn't one of them.

A back 4 or Ward - Woolfy - Chambers - KVY is very decent at this level. Chambers captain, and Ward vice. I think the bigger questions are around the 3 in front of them, and how we get the right blend in there.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Captaincy on 14:53 - Aug 23 with 816 viewsdeano85

Captaincy on 14:41 - Aug 23 by clive_baker

I'm not sure why Chambers gets such a bad time on here. Yes he made one or 2 mistakes last year, but name me a player that didn't. On the whole our central defence was largely OK, and he's clearly still firmly good enough for League 1. Of all of our problem areas last season, Chambers wasn't one of them.

A back 4 or Ward - Woolfy - Chambers - KVY is very decent at this level. Chambers captain, and Ward vice. I think the bigger questions are around the 3 in front of them, and how we get the right blend in there.

I agree, im not knocking chambers, im just wondering if PL was concidering a change to see if iy affects the team as a whole... Fresh voice etc
Captaincy on 15:34 - Aug 23 with 758 viewsTieDyedIn95

Captaincy on 14:41 - Aug 23 by clive_baker

Chambers gets stick because he's the long term face of frankly a very failed brand which is Marcus Evans's Ipswich Town. Managers have come and gone, MD's have gone, whole squads have moved on but he along with Evans remain constant here.

I don't dislike the guy but I don't think there has been a player in the history of the club thats played that many games for us without winning a single thing, which sums up him and his era perfectly.

He's not a bad bloke, but he's a bang average footballer and 2 years past his time here as a full time player and the same could be said of Skuse. Nice blokes, average players and definitely not a pair of winners and now in their mid-30's. Will they win us a league? No.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Captaincy on 15:59 - Aug 23 with 716 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

No. Chambers is Mr Ipswich for now. Ward may be made up to vice, but don't think so.
Captaincy on 16:33 - Aug 23 with 659 viewsitfcjoe

I wouldn’t be at all surprised

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024