Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? 14:37 - Aug 24 with 6921 viewsBobbychase

Oh Lord no. We'll have some of that furlough cash please.

Ah, you've been relegated. Guess money is even tighter now?

Well you say that...

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 14:45 - Aug 24 with 3969 viewsLibero

Not sure we've got much of a moral high ground here, how much did those local businesses get to every pound when we went into administration?
Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 14:47 - Aug 24 with 3939 viewsBobbychase

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 14:45 - Aug 24 by Libero

Not sure we've got much of a moral high ground here, how much did those local businesses get to every pound when we went into administration?

And oh didn't Norwich fans let us know about it. In fact they still mention it now. So they can get off the moral high ground.

Also, administration screwed us and left us having to sell our best assets and was the start of us having to spend two decades in the wilderness.

They're taking advantage of furlough, only Prem club to do so?

You can't compare the two situations.

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 14:49 - Aug 24 with 3922 viewsLibero

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 14:47 - Aug 24 by Bobbychase

And oh didn't Norwich fans let us know about it. In fact they still mention it now. So they can get off the moral high ground.

Also, administration screwed us and left us having to sell our best assets and was the start of us having to spend two decades in the wilderness.

They're taking advantage of furlough, only Prem club to do so?

You can't compare the two situations.

Hmmm, both situations are morally dubious for various different reasons.
Let's just look in our own house instead of peering over the neighbors fence...
Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 14:51 - Aug 24 with 3908 viewsBobbychase

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 14:49 - Aug 24 by Libero

Hmmm, both situations are morally dubious for various different reasons.
Let's just look in our own house instead of peering over the neighbors fence...

Nah. F*ck that. Clubs are going to the wall left right and centre and they took government cash meant to support struggling businesses and used it to prop up their club and now they're splashing the cash again.

If we can't criticise them now then I don't know when we can.

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 14:55 - Aug 24 with 3861 viewsLibero

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 14:51 - Aug 24 by Bobbychase

Nah. F*ck that. Clubs are going to the wall left right and centre and they took government cash meant to support struggling businesses and used it to prop up their club and now they're splashing the cash again.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

- you do know that we've had members of staff on the furlough scheme too, right?
Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 14:57 - Aug 24 with 3844 viewsPJH

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 14:51 - Aug 24 by Bobbychase

I loved that 10 part live TV series they recently put on-'Norwich City Lose'-I enjoyed every episode of that.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 15:35]
Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 14:58 - Aug 24 with 3836 viewsBobbychase

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 14:55 - Aug 24 by Libero

- you do know that we've had members of staff on the furlough scheme too, right?

You do know that they get £100m for being in the Prem and we’re a third division outfit who make a loss every year right?

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:00 - Aug 24 with 3821 viewsArnieM

But we haven’t had over £200m + over the last five seasons and now a further £90m in parachute money . They are a tin pot with no ambition. Saving their millions to buy players In order to strengthen for the Championship and not even attempting to give it a go in the PL. So with all that Sky money , they apply for Government money to pay back room staff!! Do me a favour. They’re a disgrace.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 15:04]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:02 - Aug 24 with 3802 viewsLibero

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:00 - Aug 24 by ArnieM

But we haven’t had over £200m + over the last five seasons and now a further £90m in parachute money . They are a tin pot with no ambition. Saving their millions to buy players In order to strengthen for the Championship and not even attempting to give it a go in the PL. So with all that Sky money , they apply for Government money to pay back room staff!! Do me a favour. They’re a disgrace.

I wish we were as tin pot as Norwich City.
Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:02 - Aug 24 with 3804 viewsBobbychase

Exactly

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:04 - Aug 24 with 3791 viewsBobbychase

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:02 - Aug 24 by Libero

Ever thought of getting a season ticket?

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:04 - Aug 24 with 3790 viewshype313

Not often, I say rarely do I agree with Martin but he hits the nail on the head here.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8518993/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Norwich

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:08 - Aug 24 with 3765 viewsArnieM

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:02 - Aug 24 by Libero

They just got lucky under Lambert t9 get promoted to the PL. they’ve made money but rarely ever attempted to actually c9mpete in the Premier League. That’s tin pot. So tin pot in fact that even with all that money they still HAD to sell Maddison to avoid administration.

I wonder how they’d have dealt with actual administration? This 8s the only reason Town are we’re they are now. The fall out from administration. They got lucky. We didn’t eg timing of our relegation from PL when the digital tv went bust. The rest you know.

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:11 - Aug 24 with 3736 viewsLibero

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:04 - Aug 24 by Bobbychase

Ever thought of getting a season ticket?

Yes mate, I've had one at Ipswich for 19 of my 32 years, just can't justify one at the moment as I've a baby to look after and Lambert's sucking my enthusiasm dry like a footballing succubus.
Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:13 - Aug 24 with 3720 viewsLibero

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:08 - Aug 24 by ArnieM

They just got lucky under Lambert t9 get promoted to the PL. they’ve made money but rarely ever attempted to actually c9mpete in the Premier League. That’s tin pot. So tin pot in fact that even with all that money they still HAD to sell Maddison to avoid administration.

I wonder how they’d have dealt with actual administration? This 8s the only reason Town are we’re they are now. The fall out from administration. They got lucky. We didn’t eg timing of our relegation from PL when the digital tv went bust. The rest you know.

What about the promotions post Lambert? Or the superb restructuring of their Academy recruitment and teams?

I'm sorry to say, but they're a pretty well run club these days. We've got history, but more about our recent activity screams tinpot than theirs...
Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:27 - Aug 24 with 3613 viewsArnieM

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:13 - Aug 24 by Libero

What about the promotions post Lambert? Or the superb restructuring of their Academy recruitment and teams?

I'm sorry to say, but they're a pretty well run club these days. We've got history, but more about our recent activity screams tinpot than theirs...

Oh I know they restructured and got a lovely academy. Amazing what you can do with all that PL/ Sky money isn’t it!

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:29 - Aug 24 with 3587 viewsLibero

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:27 - Aug 24 by ArnieM

Oh I know they restructured and got a lovely academy. Amazing what you can do with all that PL/ Sky money isn’t it!

It is, but it's even more amazing what you can do with good leadership and solid appointments with proven experience and quality in key positions behind the scenes.
Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:43 - Aug 24 with 3506 viewsArnieM

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:29 - Aug 24 by Libero

It is, but it's even more amazing what you can do with good leadership and solid appointments with proven experience and quality in key positions behind the scenes.

They have a long history of hiring and firing, so sorry I don’t share your admiration of them. They are where they are due to Sky money. We are where we are due to administration and all that followed that.

I think Evans was dabbling in areas he didn’t understand, it’s true. But he also sought advice from others in the game. I think managers , and there have been a few under Evans’ ownership as he tries to get it right, have suffered from poor decision making, squandering the money tha Evans did initially give out. But the game has exploded into spiral of ridiculous sums of money, which the owner simply cannot compete with. All we needed was that promotion under McCarthy , but a poor decision was made a t a critical,time. Town have always been the wrong side of the fence when key events in or outside the game have occurred. The latest salary cap and CoVid being yet another example. Tr7e PL cocked up with his ridiculous rotation crap. But th8s Club , IMO has never recovered from that administration, and Evans is powerless to compete with Sky money in the game and the incompetence of the EFL. Just my views obviously. But I certainly don’t subscribe to everything is well run at ncfc or that they are necessarily “ better”. Richer maybe , but not better.

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:45 - Aug 24 with 3495 viewsLibero

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:43 - Aug 24 by ArnieM

They have a long history of hiring and firing, so sorry I don’t share your admiration of them. They are where they are due to Sky money. We are where we are due to administration and all that followed that.

I think Evans was dabbling in areas he didn’t understand, it’s true. But he also sought advice from others in the game. I think managers , and there have been a few under Evans’ ownership as he tries to get it right, have suffered from poor decision making, squandering the money tha Evans did initially give out. But the game has exploded into spiral of ridiculous sums of money, which the owner simply cannot compete with. All we needed was that promotion under McCarthy , but a poor decision was made a t a critical,time. Town have always been the wrong side of the fence when key events in or outside the game have occurred. The latest salary cap and CoVid being yet another example. Tr7e PL cocked up with his ridiculous rotation crap. But th8s Club , IMO has never recovered from that administration, and Evans is powerless to compete with Sky money in the game and the incompetence of the EFL. Just my views obviously. But I certainly don’t subscribe to everything is well run at ncfc or that they are necessarily “ better”. Richer maybe , but not better.

If it was as simple as Sky money = success then Bolton, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Wigan and various other clubs would be still in the top two divisions.
Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:47 - Aug 24 with 3490 viewsGeoffSentence

And how much have we spent on transfer fees?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:51 - Aug 24 with 3450 viewsSidVicious

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:47 - Aug 24 by GeoffSentence

And how much have we spent on transfer fees?

With the hundreds of millions they have had in income I bet the tax they paid on that dwarfs what ever they got for the furlow money
Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:52 - Aug 24 with 3442 viewsBlueastheycome

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:43 - Aug 24 by ArnieM

We need to stop going on about the administration as the start of our decline.

It was almost 20 years ago now and so many other reasons and factors which have wholly contributed to our demise since then (aka Evans, Hurst etc)
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 15:53]
Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:54 - Aug 24 with 3417 viewsuefacup81

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:51 - Aug 24 by SidVicious

With the hundreds of millions they have had in income I bet the tax they paid on that dwarfs what ever they got for the furlow money

That's specious reasoning if ever I saw it.

By that logic, having paid tax all of my working life, I should be able to claim furlough regardless of whether my employer needs to furlough me or not.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:55 - Aug 24 with 3415 viewsLibero

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:52 - Aug 24 by Blueastheycome

We need to stop going on about the administration as the start of our decline.

It was almost 20 years ago now and so many other reasons and factors which have wholly contributed to our demise since then (aka Evans, Hurst etc)
[Post edited 24 Aug 2020 15:53]

What was the away day just as Marcus Evans took over where people were waving notes around singing "we are f*cking loaded"
Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:57 - Aug 24 with 3401 viewsGeoffSentence

Can you afford to pay your staff Norwich City? on 15:55 - Aug 24 by Libero

What was the away day just as Marcus Evans took over where people were waving notes around singing "we are f*cking loaded"

Yeah, things haven't gone quite as expected have they.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024