Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would sacking PL be the correct call at this stage of the season? 14:49 - Sep 2 with 1113 viewsSwailsey

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Would sacking PL be the correct call at this stage of the season? on 14:52 - Sep 2 with 1074 viewsSwailsey

Ideally it would be good to not start another thread of the rights and wrongs of this (I'm not trying to provoke - honestly..), but it would be interesting to see where people stand.

Hopefully the options are varied enough.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Would sacking PL be the correct call at this stage of the season? on 15:55 - Sep 2 with 984 viewsBlueBadger

I've gone 'with yes -now' because there's no 'it should have been last May' option.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would sacking PL be the correct call at this stage of the season? on 15:59 - Sep 2 with 977 viewsSwansea_Blue

Would sacking PL be the correct call at this stage of the season? on 15:55 - Sep 2 by BlueBadger

I've gone 'with yes -now' because there's no 'it should have been last May' option.

Presumably that's last last May, not just last May?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Would sacking PL be the correct call at this stage of the season? on 16:02 - Sep 2 with 965 viewsBlueBadger

Would sacking PL be the correct call at this stage of the season? on 15:59 - Sep 2 by Swansea_Blue

Presumably that's last last May, not just last May?

May 2019, yes.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would sacking PL be the correct call at this stage of the season? on 16:23 - Sep 2 with 927 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm not sure the timing is an issue really.

Our next two games aren't important and would give the new manager a couple of games to have a look at players. Also if things are as bad as it is claimed then surely the best time for a morale boost is just before the season begins.

The only way it's the 'wrong time' is if we have no idea who comes next. If someone has been sounded out and is waiting in the wings or we're going to go with an option like Dyer then I don't see how it's the wrong time. If it's the wrong time now, how is it going to be any better in 6-10 league games time?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Would sacking PL be the correct call at this stage of the season? on 16:26 - Sep 2 with 911 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Would sacking PL be the correct call at this stage of the season? on 16:23 - Sep 2 by J2BLUE

I'm not sure the timing is an issue really.

Our next two games aren't important and would give the new manager a couple of games to have a look at players. Also if things are as bad as it is claimed then surely the best time for a morale boost is just before the season begins.

The only way it's the 'wrong time' is if we have no idea who comes next. If someone has been sounded out and is waiting in the wings or we're going to go with an option like Dyer then I don't see how it's the wrong time. If it's the wrong time now, how is it going to be any better in 6-10 league games time?

100% agree, I don't really see that sacking someone 5-10 matches into the season due to poor form is preferable to sacking someone now.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Would sacking PL be the correct call at this stage of the season? on 16:09 - Sep 3 with 641 viewsSwailsey

I don't know if I'm more saddened to see 5 people saying he can turn it around or only 1 person saying cheddar.

Would sacking PL be the correct call at this stage of the season? on 17:34 - Sep 3 with 565 viewsdeano85

If it was going to happen, Now is the perfect time...
New man has 2 games to prepare fkr season proper...

Pointless in a few games time, untill maybe christmas...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024