Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he 12:37 - Sep 3 with 2548 viewsCoco

wanted the manager out? Doesn't seem likely.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:37 - Sep 3 with 2343 viewsScuzzer

Absolutely.

Established 1968

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:38 - Sep 3 with 2336 viewsgordon

This logic would work for almost all football club owners...
Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:39 - Sep 3 with 2332 viewsitfcjoe

Why would Chambers and Skuse get new contracts under current manager if he thinks they are undermining him in dressing room?

Not a lot makes sense there but think a lot is done by the club overall rather than just the manager or owner

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:40 - Sep 3 with 2306 viewsSouperJim

If the speculation about the breakdown with the playing squad are true, mistreating young players, downes suddenly wanting out, woolfie out in the cold etc. Then it seems things have moved quickly since those signings were made.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:41 - Sep 3 with 2276 viewsChrisd

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:38 - Sep 3 by gordon

This logic would work for almost all football club owners...

Exactly this Gordon.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:44 - Sep 3 with 2239 viewsJackPITFC

Because maybe it isn't the players that PL wanted?

and are players the Owner wanted to build the first team around regardless who is in charge.
Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:46 - Sep 3 with 2208 viewsuefacup81

Given the information from Phil and Joe have about ME being more hands-on with the squad, what's to say that he's not had a hand in identifying/suggesting these transfers too?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:47 - Sep 3 with 2194 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:39 - Sep 3 by itfcjoe

Why would Chambers and Skuse get new contracts under current manager if he thinks they are undermining him in dressing room?

Not a lot makes sense there but think a lot is done by the club overall rather than just the manager or owner

Joe, do you think the rumours of him going are premature? Media pretty quiet today. Something definitely happening behind the scenes with the players
Login to get fewer ads

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:47 - Sep 3 with 2160 viewsSwansea_Blue

Maybe he didn't want the manager out at that time and things have moved on since then.

Or maybe it's all make believe.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:48 - Sep 3 with 2152 viewsitfcjoe

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:47 - Sep 3 by abracaDOBRA_

Joe, do you think the rumours of him going are premature? Media pretty quiet today. Something definitely happening behind the scenes with the players

Yes, I wouldn't be at all shocked if it were to happen any time but I don't think it will for a few weeks - Evans always makes the listakes of allowing the manager more chances when minds are already made up

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:51 - Sep 3 with 2085 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:48 - Sep 3 by itfcjoe

Yes, I wouldn't be at all shocked if it were to happen any time but I don't think it will for a few weeks - Evans always makes the listakes of allowing the manager more chances when minds are already made up

Maybe he's learned from his mistakes? Or he wants to get his replacement in before they go elsewhere??
Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:56 - Sep 3 with 2000 viewsCoco

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:39 - Sep 3 by itfcjoe

This all just seems a monumental mess! Evans really needs to get his house in order and HIRE A FOOTBALL MAN TO RUN THINGS.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 13:11 - Sep 3 with 1895 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I think the 3 signings are good additions to the squad regardless of manager. All areas that were needed.

In addition, things have happened since the signings.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 13:18 - Sep 3 with 1823 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 12:48 - Sep 3 by itfcjoe

I like your typo there. "Listakes" sounds like mistakes that are compounded in their sh!tness because they're done listlessly, as if by someone who's REALLY given up!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 13:24 - Sep 3 with 1760 viewsHerbivore

I don't think he's going imminently, sadly. Much as things sound terrible behind the scenes to go with our terrible performances on the pitch, it'd be very un-ME like to take such decisive action days before the start of the season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 13:33 - Sep 3 with 1693 viewsMonkeyAlan

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 13:24 - Sep 3 by Herbivore

I don't think he's going imminently, sadly. Much as things sound terrible behind the scenes to go with our terrible performances on the pitch, it'd be very un-ME like to take such decisive action days before the start of the season.

Agreed. I think we are stuck with him for the forseable future.
Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 14:07 - Sep 3 with 1586 viewsKeaneish

Some for the Evans comments box:

Why would Evans sanction a massive contract extension only 9 months ago if he wanted him out?

Why does Evans continue to invest 6 million a year when he could cut his losses and walk away on his investment saving himself 6 million a year?

Why has Evans been anonymous and inept for over a decade?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 14:29 - Sep 3 with 1538 viewsHerbivore

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 14:07 - Sep 3 by Keaneish

Some for the Evans comments box:

Why would Evans sanction a massive contract extension only 9 months ago if he wanted him out?

Why does Evans continue to invest 6 million a year when he could cut his losses and walk away on his investment saving himself 6 million a year?

Why has Evans been anonymous and inept for over a decade?

Is it because he uses creative accounting to somehow make a profit from us?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 16:07 - Sep 3 with 1410 viewsKeaneish

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 14:29 - Sep 3 by Herbivore

Is it because he uses creative accounting to somehow make a profit from us?

...because businessmen on the Times Rich list are happy to squander 6 million a year with no gain? Wake up.

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 16:30 - Sep 3 with 1364 viewsitfcjoe

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 16:07 - Sep 3 by Keaneish

...because businessmen on the Times Rich list are happy to squander 6 million a year with no gain? Wake up.

Do you think he makes money out of town? Genuinely

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 16:32 - Sep 3 with 1354 viewsBlueBadger

Is the answer 'because he's utterly clueless and thinks that actually thinking about things and planning for them is for other people'?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 16:59 - Sep 3 with 1314 viewsKeaneish

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 16:30 - Sep 3 by itfcjoe

Do you think he makes money out of town? Genuinely

I think if he did at any point it would have been through branding and advertising of the ME brand. That seems to have passed though, especially in this economic climate. He has ITFC assets for sure but he doesn’t make any directly from ITFC as the annual P&L report shows.

If he’s not here because he loves football or ITFC (let’s not pretend he does), and he’s not making money, nor is it a vanity project (not his style), why is he here?

Some might argue he needs to keep going in order to recoup any loss - bad business sense for someone so shrewd. He must have invested £50 - £60m plus now so why not get out from under even if there were no real buyer offering a fair valuation? At least it’d save him an additional £6m each year - unless there’s another side to this picture we’re not seeing, which has always been my point.

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 17:01 - Sep 3 with 1306 viewshype313

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 16:59 - Sep 3 by Keaneish

I think if he did at any point it would have been through branding and advertising of the ME brand. That seems to have passed though, especially in this economic climate. He has ITFC assets for sure but he doesn’t make any directly from ITFC as the annual P&L report shows.

If he’s not here because he loves football or ITFC (let’s not pretend he does), and he’s not making money, nor is it a vanity project (not his style), why is he here?

Some might argue he needs to keep going in order to recoup any loss - bad business sense for someone so shrewd. He must have invested £50 - £60m plus now so why not get out from under even if there were no real buyer offering a fair valuation? At least it’d save him an additional £6m each year - unless there’s another side to this picture we’re not seeing, which has always been my point.

Lets be blunt, the only reason he is here is because he thought he could make a quick buck by getting us promoted within a season, obviously that has gone massively pear shaped and the days of owners wanting to buy clubs has dried up, especially a moth balled one languishing in the 3rd tier like ours.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 17:15 - Sep 3 with 1269 viewsKeaneish

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 17:01 - Sep 3 by hype313

Lets be blunt, the only reason he is here is because he thought he could make a quick buck by getting us promoted within a season, obviously that has gone massively pear shaped and the days of owners wanting to buy clubs has dried up, especially a moth balled one languishing in the 3rd tier like ours.

Quite likely which leads to the question, why not get out from under, accept the failures and write off the investment to save further losses? The ME brand has been on an upward trajectory for years where we have been slowly declining. I’m not suggesting they are linked and there’s anything sinister between the two but for someone as astute, it doesn’t make sense.

I think the sooner clubs can adopt community based models the better otherwise football for clubs under a certain socio-economic threshold will cease to exist - as is already happening.

Happy to continue this chat via PM if anyone wants. The numpties will be along in a minute with their blinkered nonsense to descend another thread into pointless one-up-manship.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 17:19]

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 17:21 - Sep 3 with 1252 viewshype313

Why would Evans sanction 3 new signings if he knew he on 17:15 - Sep 3 by Keaneish

Quite likely which leads to the question, why not get out from under, accept the failures and write off the investment to save further losses? The ME brand has been on an upward trajectory for years where we have been slowly declining. I’m not suggesting they are linked and there’s anything sinister between the two but for someone as astute, it doesn’t make sense.

I think the sooner clubs can adopt community based models the better otherwise football for clubs under a certain socio-economic threshold will cease to exist - as is already happening.

Happy to continue this chat via PM if anyone wants. The numpties will be along in a minute with their blinkered nonsense to descend another thread into pointless one-up-manship.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2020 17:19]

Totally agree with your last statement and to be fair the question about cutting losses now raises some questions, if he's having to put circa £6m in each season why not call it a day? However will it be £6m now given the salary cap? That figure seemed to stem from the championship days, I would have thought the wage bill would be significantly reduced by now.

Maybe the losses can be overcome with a key sale of a youngster each year, which means going forward he would essentially have a cost neutral model, and in the meantime he might hit the jackpot with a manager and our trajectory goes up, that's one hell of an optimistic shout though...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024