Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad as it stands then 09:39 - Sep 10 with 1068 viewsitfcjoe

GK - Holy, Cornell

RB - Vincent-Young, Donacien, (Chambers)
LB - Ward, Kenlock (Nydam)
CB - Chambers, Nsiala
CB - Woolfenden, Wilson, Ndaba

DM - Dozzell, Skuse
CM - Bishop, Huws, El Mizouni (Dobra)
CM - Downes, Nolan, Nydam

RWF - Judge, Lankester, (El Mizouni)
LWF - Sears, Edwards, Dobra

ST - Norwood, Hawkins, Jackson, Drinan

Looks about what we are going with then - with question marks over Downes and Jackson

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Squad as it stands then on 09:49 - Sep 10 with 1020 viewsDarth_Koont

Yeah, that's pretty much my take on it - with the chance that fringe players like McGavin, Folami etc. might make a breakthrough.

Do we see Jackson playing through the middle though? To me he seems much more threatening as a wide forward.

Pronouns: He/Him

Squad as it stands then on 09:53 - Sep 10 with 1008 viewsJackPITFC

I have a feeling when Nydam is back to full fitness he has a chance of leaping Kenlock, Lambo seems to rate him.
Squad as it stands then on 09:59 - Sep 10 with 984 viewstractordownsouth

Squad looks pretty strong - my only concern is Judge wide in a front 3. His best position may be as the more advanced midfielder in a 3, but the competition in there is massive.

One of the reasons I'm more confident than most is that squad depth will be more important than ever this year, with 5 more midweek matches. As long as Lambert sticks to the same system, I think the consistency of personnel is less important as clubs will be rotating more this season and I'd back our second XI against most other second XIs.

Still think automatics is a step too far, but not to get in the top 6 would be criminal.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Squad as it stands then on 10:08 - Sep 10 with 956 viewsZacak

Squad as it stands then on 09:53 - Sep 10 by JackPITFC

I have a feeling when Nydam is back to full fitness he has a chance of leaping Kenlock, Lambo seems to rate him.

Is there potential that Nydam could replace Downes role in the team, if he goes of course? He started as a high energy, tenacious box to box midfielder didn't he?
Squad as it stands then on 10:11 - Sep 10 with 939 viewsIpswichKnight

Squad as it stands then on 09:49 - Sep 10 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, that's pretty much my take on it - with the chance that fringe players like McGavin, Folami etc. might make a breakthrough.

Do we see Jackson playing through the middle though? To me he seems much more threatening as a wide forward.

He would be a useful wide forward, however reading between the lines of Lamberts piece in the EADT I don't think he see's him for that role.
Squad as it stands then on 10:26 - Sep 10 with 895 viewsNthQldITFC

Squad as it stands then on 10:08 - Sep 10 by Zacak

Is there potential that Nydam could replace Downes role in the team, if he goes of course? He started as a high energy, tenacious box to box midfielder didn't he?

I, too, would like an answer to this particular question, Ian Brown.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Squad as it stands then on 14:16 - Sep 10 with 741 viewsDarth_Koont

Squad as it stands then on 10:26 - Sep 10 by NthQldITFC

I, too, would like an answer to this particular question, Ian Brown.

Hmmm. Might work in a three where players can move about and create space for each other but would have thought the player in the middle should be more comfortable as a focal point and with his back to goal. I'd probably feel similar if someone suggested Sears for the central role.

Pronouns: He/Him

Squad as it stands then on 14:19 - Sep 10 with 725 viewsAce_High1

Based on that Joe we should easily afford to clear out:

Donacien
Kenlock
Wilson
Nolan
Jackson or Norwood.
Login to get fewer ads

Squad as it stands then on 14:35 - Sep 10 with 684 viewsHerbivore

Squad as it stands then on 14:19 - Sep 10 by Ace_High1

Based on that Joe we should easily afford to clear out:

Donacien
Kenlock
Wilson
Nolan
Jackson or Norwood.

That would leave us really very short of defensive cover.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Squad as it stands then on 15:12 - Sep 10 with 651 viewsSparky85

Squad as it stands then on 14:35 - Sep 10 by Herbivore

That would leave us really very short of defensive cover.

Agreed. Looking at the options we have, referenced above, maybe we could lose Downes and Jackson (for the right money of course) and just invest in a CB.

I wouldn't want to see either go, but in reality we have a wealth of CM's so no need to replace if Downes goes. Plus if Lambert does not think Jackson can cut it as one of the wide forwards then no immediate need to replace their either.

Just to re-iterate, I am not saying we should sell either. I just think for the money involved and if both were to go, it could be better spent elsewhere.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024