Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Classic TWTD 18:01 - Sep 13 with 1778 viewsBrixtonBlue

First game of the season, after a really weird situation none of us have experienced. We have several first teamers out, and we're playing a team that's got worse issues and has been cobbled together, but who are also playing for a new manager, and were mid-table in the league above last season.

No fans, but on Sky. It's NAE normal. NAEn of it's normal.

We play alright, concede a few chances, but have several ourselves (more than I'm used to, frankly, as an Ipswich supporter). We win 2-0. Could've been more, quite easily, and the opposition had no chances on target.

And yet people are moaning. What more do you want on the first day, with several players out, after a pandemic?! We did alright, you know?

People on here moaning! And people moaning about taking a knee for a few seconds. Jesus FC, will some of you get a grip and be happy?!

It wasn't sexy, but anyone hoping it would be is utterly deluded. I think asking for more than that, already, is in moon on a stick territory.

I say well done to the lads. No way is it time for moaning or looking for perfection. And the racists can do one.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

We won, that's good..... on 19:33 - Sep 13 with 337 viewsBloots

...overall we played alright, without particularly excelling.

We controlled the game well in the first half through some decent play in the middle of the park, but still gave away goal scoring opportunities through poor defending.

In the second half the midfield lacked the drive it had shown in the first half and we didn't play as well.

Is that balanced enough for your opinion? (which is obviously so much more valid than everyone else's)

Stop desperately trying to cause arguments.

Lambert out.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Classic TWTD on 19:38 - Sep 13 with 320 viewsSarge

Classic TWTD on 18:30 - Sep 13 by BlueBadger

Even Fishers doesn't angle for arguments as obviously and frequently as you.

Uppie for your final sentence, though, anyone who whines about BLM, Kick It Out, etc, etc needs to get in the fooking sea.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2020 18:41]

Re your first point, you are joking right? Perhaps you don’t see it as much because you agree with him.
good summary on 19:49 - Sep 13 with 305 viewsKeno

We won, that's good..... on 19:33 - Sep 13 by Bloots

We controlled the game well in the first half through some decent play in the middle of the park, but still gave away goal scoring opportunities through poor defending.

In the second half the midfield lacked the drive it had shown in the first half and we didn't play as well.

Is that balanced enough for your opinion? (which is obviously so much more valid than everyone else's)

Lambert out.

you are a wise man indeed

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I love you Keno..... on 20:03 - Sep 13 with 299 viewsBloots

good summary on 19:49 - Sep 13 by Keno

you are a wise man indeed

....and always will.

You are a true TWTD legend.

There aren't many of us.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

We won, that's good..... on 21:31 - Sep 13 with 269 viewsBrixtonBlue

We won, that's good..... on 19:33 - Sep 13 by Bloots

Lambert out.

You realise my OP was an opinion, yeah?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024