Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... 15:47 - Sep 13 with 1691 viewsFixed_It

...might want him to get a transfer? And what advice do we think he might be giving Flynn in this respect?!

*parasites the lot of them

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 15:55 - Sep 13 with 1637 viewsLankHenners

An agent's job is to get the best deal they can for their client, so from that point of view would be pushing Downes to make the move. Would see him get a tasty pay packet as well.

I do sympathise with Lambert and the club on this as clearly the agent's been getting into Downes' head and it's only his career that's going to suffer as a result if he's out of the team and Palace don't stump up the right price.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 16:29 - Sep 13 with 1510 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 16:32 - Sep 13 with 1498 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Time will tell whether he has done a good job. I feel another bid will be accepted now, and if so, Downes get new, inevitable bigger contract, agent gets his fees and he’s done a good job.

However, if Evans holds his nerve which is hope he does, agent has made a real balls up on this, as suspect Downes won’t be featuring too much.

Of course only time will tell.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 16:33 - Sep 13 with 1494 viewsElephantintheRoom

Son this team didnt think you were good enough to play for them all of one year ago.

Son - go and earn five times more and prove them wrong. And even if you don't I pocket a couple of hundred grand.

And while you are there, ask Conor wickam which ferrari to buy.

Thanks son

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 16:43 - Sep 13 with 1427 viewsstrikalite

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 16:33 - Sep 13 by ElephantintheRoom

Son this team didnt think you were good enough to play for them all of one year ago.

Son - go and earn five times more and prove them wrong. And even if you don't I pocket a couple of hundred grand.

Thanks son

Son, Town want £5m for you, you're contracted to them so they're entitled to ask whatever they want, for a Club like Palace that really isn't big money yet they value you a lot lot less than that, I think your Club is being very reasonable to be fair....Palace can't want you that much..

Downes walks out crying...:)
Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 16:49 - Sep 13 with 1399 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 16:33 - Sep 13 by ElephantintheRoom

Thanks son

Would you not do the same thing in your work capacity?

Say you could triple wages over night, maybe quadruple?

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 16:51 - Sep 13 with 1379 viewsBryanPlug

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 16:49 - Sep 13 by TheTrueBlue1878

Would you not do the same thing in your work capacity?

Say you could triple wages over night, maybe quadruple?

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 17:00 - Sep 13 with 1332 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 16:51 - Sep 13 by BryanPlug

Normal jobs also allow you to work beyond the age of 65. He probably has 15 years ahead of him if he’s lucky. I’m not going to begrudge the guy to make life changing amounts of money

Poll: Our final position

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 17:05 - Sep 13 with 1310 viewsITFC_96

Not sure why so many people think Downes is going to be benched as some sort of punishment because of this. All that does is make other players more wary about signing contracts and contract extensions, potentially lowers his value, and means we just pay his wages for him to not play.
Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 18:03 - Sep 13 with 1162 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 17:00 - Sep 13 by southnorfolkblue

Normal jobs also allow you to work beyond the age of 65. He probably has 15 years ahead of him if he’s lucky. I’m not going to begrudge the guy to make life changing amounts of money

Exactly, you have to maximise during your playing career, it’s a short one.

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 18:07 - Sep 13 with 1140 viewsBryanPlug

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 17:00 - Sep 13 by southnorfolkblue

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 20:39 - Sep 13 with 971 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 18:03 - Sep 13 by TheTrueBlue1878

Exactly, you have to maximise during your playing career, it’s a short one.

Stay in league 1 and play 120games

Or

Maybe get a place on the bench at a prem club or go on loan to a championship club and get 5 to 10 times your wage per week for at least 3 yrs
Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 21:20 - Sep 13 with 887 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 18:07 - Sep 13 by BryanPlug

I can’t see Palace coming back in for him again, and I can’t see Lambert picking a want-away player again...

Leaves him in a tricky situation.

Anyone got any idea why Downes' agent... on 21:40 - Sep 13 with 837 viewsBLUEBEAT

Don’t recall Andre getting in a mardy flap when Premiership Naaridge came knocking...?

#oneofus

Poll: W or W

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024