Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NHS asking for Irish help in testing... 22:59 - Sep 17 with 3029 viewsWicklowBlue

https://www.rte.ie/news/uk/2020/0917/1165881-uk-covid-testing/

Posting the RTE link which doesn't have comments but I am sure you can all imagine what is being said. Namely talk to the EU, sod off we have enough problems ourselves etc etc

For context we are an omnishambles over here too. Looks like Dublin is going to have Level 3 restrictions tomorrow.

Why can't we all just get along?
NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 23:29 - Sep 17 with 2992 viewsMoriarty

Issues with govt messaging of course but the testing capacity is good. I know a few senior medics and they think govt aren’t doing too bad.

Dublin’s numbers are mainly young people and a big player seems to be house visits/parties.

People have to take personal responsibility as well.

Appalling how RTE and other media vilified Phil Hogan so relentlessly until he resigned and yet gave Sinn Fein/IRA a free pass on the funeral in Belfast in July.

fka omuircheartaigh

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 01:50 - Sep 18 with 2930 viewsEireannach_gorm

Yes our infection rate per 100k is currently worse than the UK so our testing is under pressure and don't have any spare capacity.
https://www.irishpost.com/news/coronavirus-cases-in-ireland-per-100000-people-su
Our Health Service has the lowest ICU capacity in Europe so we can't afford to let this get out of hand

I don't believe this story has any connection with the violation of the Withdrawal Agreement.
NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 07:40 - Sep 18 with 2871 viewsMoriarty

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 01:50 - Sep 18 by Eireannach_gorm

Yes our infection rate per 100k is currently worse than the UK so our testing is under pressure and don't have any spare capacity.
https://www.irishpost.com/news/coronavirus-cases-in-ireland-per-100000-people-su
Our Health Service has the lowest ICU capacity in Europe so we can't afford to let this get out of hand

I don't believe this story has any connection with the violation of the Withdrawal Agreement.

If your referring to my post above, the last para is not a reference to withdrawal agreement.

Phil Hogan was vilified relentlessly by Irish media for break of lockdown. Sinn Fein/IRA broke lockdown for the IRA funeral but got a free pass. No one upset over that. Apparently.

fka omuircheartaigh

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 09:58 - Sep 18 with 2838 viewsfactual_blue

We need extra capacity to be sure, to be sure.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 10:59 - Sep 18 with 2819 viewsEireannach_gorm

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 07:40 - Sep 18 by Moriarty

If your referring to my post above, the last para is not a reference to withdrawal agreement.

Phil Hogan was vilified relentlessly by Irish media for break of lockdown. Sinn Fein/IRA broke lockdown for the IRA funeral but got a free pass. No one upset over that. Apparently.

I was replying to the OP. I am not sure what the Phil Hogan thing has to do with not doing testing for the NHS.I do agree that Sinn Fein got off lightly with their behaviour at the funeral. It is especially galling when I listen to their undermining of the Irish Governments response to Covid-19.
NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 11:16 - Sep 18 with 2811 viewsWeWereZombies

And possibly a bit of divergence between Scotland and England too:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18721999.nicola-sturgeon-asks-matt-hancock-t
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 11:17]

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 11:21 - Sep 18 with 2800 viewsMoriarty

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 10:59 - Sep 18 by Eireannach_gorm

I was replying to the OP. I am not sure what the Phil Hogan thing has to do with not doing testing for the NHS.I do agree that Sinn Fein got off lightly with their behaviour at the funeral. It is especially galling when I listen to their undermining of the Irish Governments response to Covid-19.

I agree.

I think the Hogan issue illustrates that certain elements in the media are doing their utmost to undermine the govt and it’s messages. I think the media are responsible for a lot of the confusion.

Was talking to a good friend of mine who is an anaesthetist and he was saying there are now people who had Covid, thought they had recovered but now have heart issues.

I think we have the potential to get to a capacity of 100,000 tests a day which is huge. We’ll have to ramp it up a bit from our present level. However not everyone who is asked to go for a test does so which is a real concern.

fka omuircheartaigh

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 11:29 - Sep 18 with 2794 viewsKeno

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 09:58 - Sep 18 by factual_blue

We need extra capacity to be sure, to be sure.

Isnt that racist?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 11:32 - Sep 18 with 2790 viewsWeWereZombies

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 11:29 - Sep 18 by Keno

Isnt that racist?

I think it is just easier to make an allowance for age in this instance...

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 11:44 - Sep 18 with 2781 viewsKeno

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 11:32 - Sep 18 by WeWereZombies

I think it is just easier to make an allowance for age in this instance...

He would probably tell you thats ageist

only he's so old he'll forget

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 14:30 - Sep 18 with 2753 viewsfactual_blue

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 11:29 - Sep 18 by Keno

Isnt that racist?

Have you got a pig under your arm?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 14:33 - Sep 18 with 2751 viewsKeno

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 14:30 - Sep 18 by factual_blue

Of course, and I'm drinking Guinness, river dancing on my way to find my pot at the end of the rainbow while wishing the foreign power occupying a quarter of my island would leave us peace loving harmonious super rugby playing people alone to lead our lives our way
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 14:42]

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 14:37 - Sep 18 with 2744 viewsHARRY10

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 14:30 - Sep 18 by factual_blue

No, the wife forgot to put on her make up
NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 14:53 - Sep 18 with 2732 viewsMoriarty

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 14:33 - Sep 18 by Keno

Of course, and I'm drinking Guinness, river dancing on my way to find my pot at the end of the rainbow while wishing the foreign power occupying a quarter of my island would leave us peace loving harmonious super rugby playing people alone to lead our lives our way

Hurling, Keno, not rugby.

Shamrock. Potatoes. Guinness. Or Kathleen with her fiery red hair who broke your heart.

And don’t forget the fairies.

fka omuircheartaigh

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 15:06 - Sep 18 with 2719 viewsKeno

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 14:53 - Sep 18 by Moriarty

Shamrock. Potatoes. Guinness. Or Kathleen with her fiery red hair who broke your heart.

By Fairies do you Rugby backs?

Hurling looks a tad lethal!!

AWW Kathleen!! the lovely post office delivery lady how I miss her coming to the door with her flame red box

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 15:08 - Sep 18 with 2718 viewsleitrimblue

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 14:53 - Sep 18 by Moriarty

Can I add driving Toyota Land cruisers wearing Lee Cooper jeans an drinking red lemonade? Or is that just Leitrim/Sligo
NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 15:27 - Sep 18 with 2705 viewsMoriarty

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 15:08 - Sep 18 by leitrimblue

Can I add driving Toyota Land cruisers wearing Lee Cooper jeans an drinking red lemonade? Or is that just Leitrim/Sligo

TK red lemonade I presume?

fka omuircheartaigh

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 15:31 - Sep 18 with 2701 viewsleitrimblue

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 15:27 - Sep 18 by Moriarty

TK red lemonade I presume?

Of course, an a packet or 2 of cheese and onion taytos.
NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 16:18 - Sep 18 with 2676 viewsWeWereZombies

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 15:31 - Sep 18 by leitrimblue

Of course, an a packet or 2 of cheese and onion taytos.

Cadbury's Tiffin as a treat on Sundays

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 16:25 - Sep 18 with 2672 viewsleitrimblue

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 16:18 - Sep 18 by WeWereZombies

Cadbury's Tiffin as a treat on Sundays

Niiiccee. Perhaps a block of viennetta or a Sherry trifle if there's people coming over for tea?
NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 16:29 - Sep 18 with 2667 viewsKeno

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 16:25 - Sep 18 by leitrimblue

Niiiccee. Perhaps a block of viennetta or a Sherry trifle if there's people coming over for tea?

are we talking plain or mint viennetta?

these are the important details we need to know

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 16:32 - Sep 18 with 2660 viewsleitrimblue

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 16:29 - Sep 18 by Keno

are we talking plain or mint viennetta?

these are the important details we need to know

If we having guests over then guess I'll throw caution to the wind and go mint.
NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 16:43 - Sep 18 with 2648 viewsgtsb1966

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 14:33 - Sep 18 by Keno

Forget all that. You should be in Molly's chamber.
NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 16:43 - Sep 18 with 2647 viewsSwansea_Blue

"F*ck your peace deal"

"Oh, and by the way, any chance of getting us out of a little pickle we seem to have got ourselves into?"

Yep, can see that working!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 16:53 - Sep 18 with 2636 viewsKeno

NHS asking for Irish help in testing... on 16:32 - Sep 18 by leitrimblue

If we having guests over then guess I'll throw caution to the wind and go mint.

you know how to live it up!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024