Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL clubs under threat whilst Liverpool spend £45m on a bench warmer 10:46 - Sep 19 with 925 viewspointofblue

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/12075223/diogo-jota-liverpool-agre

Then the Premier League say they don’t have the finances to support the EFL any further. They’re getting a closed shop via the back door.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

EFL clubs under threat whilst Liverpool spend £45m on a bench warmer on 10:47 - Sep 19 with 921 viewsAce_High1

Hardly Liverpool's issue and if we were up there spending £20m on a player we would not give a second though to Accrington in L1.

Jota is a bit better than that by the way. Liverpool need some competition for the front 3.
EFL clubs under threat whilst Liverpool spend £45m on a bench warmer on 10:50 - Sep 19 with 903 viewsWD19

As I posted on another thread, I think the bigger ‘scandal’ here is that Liverpool will recoup 1/3 of the fee by selling a youth prospect that never got a first team start.

£13.5m for a player who has never made a first team start for anyone.
EFL clubs under threat whilst Liverpool spend £45m on a bench warmer on 11:13 - Sep 19 with 823 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

EFL clubs under threat whilst Liverpool spend £45m on a bench warmer on 10:50 - Sep 19 by WD19

As I posted on another thread, I think the bigger ‘scandal’ here is that Liverpool will recoup 1/3 of the fee by selling a youth prospect that never got a first team start.

£13.5m for a player who has never made a first team start for anyone.

Not sure I can agree with that. Not hard to envisage a scenario where Wolves picking up Hoever turns out to be much better business than Liverpool signing Jota, even though I rather rate the latter

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

EFL clubs under threat whilst Liverpool spend £45m on a bench warmer on 13:11 - Sep 19 with 656 viewsEdmundo

EFL clubs under threat whilst Liverpool spend £45m on a bench warmer on 11:13 - Sep 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not sure I can agree with that. Not hard to envisage a scenario where Wolves picking up Hoever turns out to be much better business than Liverpool signing Jota, even though I rather rate the latter

There's those outside the Prem, then there's the rest of us.
Just like there's the grouse shooting parties allowed to do anything anywhere, then there's the rest of us.
It's a f***** up world. Positively feudal.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

EFL clubs under threat whilst Liverpool spend £45m on a bench warmer on 13:21 - Sep 19 with 641 viewsRyorry

EFL clubs under threat whilst Liverpool spend £45m on a bench warmer on 10:47 - Sep 19 by Ace_High1

Hardly Liverpool's issue and if we were up there spending £20m on a player we would not give a second though to Accrington in L1.

Jota is a bit better than that by the way. Liverpool need some competition for the front 3.

Isn't it Liverpool's, and every other Prem club's, and the home nations' issue too, indirectly?

Without the football pyramid below them, where is their talent going to come from in future. Just from their Academies and abroad?

Liverpool have missed a trick there - imagine the positive PR if their new signing had donated just a fortnight's wages to save Macclesfield -

Awful for Macclesfield, gotta feel for their fans - by Ryorry 18 Sep 2020 17:44
https://mailchi.mp/thefsa/fan-mail-silkmen-devastated-by-macclesfield-town-winding-up-dialogue-is-essential-to-return-of-match-going-fans?e=e6901d7119

"Macclesfield Town fans say they are “devastated” after the club was wound up in the High Court over debts totalling more than £500,000.

The 146-year-old National League club was forced into liquidation during a hearing at the Insolvency and Companies Court earlier this week. Following the news, the Silkmen Supporters’ Trust laid the blame squarely with club owner Amar Alkadhi - but called for fans to pull together behind potential phoenix club efforts. “The court ruling is in effect the end of the club in the present format,” the Silkmen Supporters' Trust said. “There is no easy way back from this.”

The demise of Macclesfield Town once again highlights the urgent need for reform of the game's regulation according to our chair Malcolm Clarke.
“Despite this loss," Clarke said, "the future of football in the town may well be supporter-led.

"We have seen phoenix clubs emerge with success in other parts of the country so we’ll be offering Macclesfield Town fans and the Silkmen Supporters’ Trust whatever help we can.”

[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 13:22]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

EFL clubs under threat whilst Liverpool spend £45m on a bench warmer on 13:38 - Sep 19 with 595 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

EFL clubs under threat whilst Liverpool spend £45m on a bench warmer on 13:54 - Sep 19 with 573 viewspointofblue

EFL clubs under threat whilst Liverpool spend £45m on a bench warmer on 10:47 - Sep 19 by Ace_High1

True but they should just come out and say they don’t give a stuff rather than spin a pathetic yarn about the cash not being in place. Same as Arsenal making 55 people redundant then splashing out on wages for Willian and Aubameyang.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

EFL clubs under threat whilst Liverpool spend £45m on a bench warmer on 15:47 - Sep 19 with 518 viewsAce_High1

EFL clubs under threat whilst Liverpool spend £45m on a bench warmer on 13:21 - Sep 19 by Ryorry

Isn't it Liverpool's, and every other Prem club's, and the home nations' issue too, indirectly?

Without the football pyramid below them, where is their talent going to come from in future. Just from their Academies and abroad?

Liverpool have missed a trick there - imagine the positive PR if their new signing had donated just a fortnight's wages to save Macclesfield -

Awful for Macclesfield, gotta feel for their fans - by Ryorry 18 Sep 2020 17:44
https://mailchi.mp/thefsa/fan-mail-silkmen-devastated-by-macclesfield-town-winding-up-dialogue-is-essential-to-return-of-match-going-fans?e=e6901d7119

"Macclesfield Town fans say they are “devastated” after the club was wound up in the High Court over debts totalling more than £500,000.

The 146-year-old National League club was forced into liquidation during a hearing at the Insolvency and Companies Court earlier this week. Following the news, the Silkmen Supporters’ Trust laid the blame squarely with club owner Amar Alkadhi - but called for fans to pull together behind potential phoenix club efforts. “The court ruling is in effect the end of the club in the present format,” the Silkmen Supporters' Trust said. “There is no easy way back from this.”

The demise of Macclesfield Town once again highlights the urgent need for reform of the game's regulation according to our chair Malcolm Clarke.
“Despite this loss," Clarke said, "the future of football in the town may well be supporter-led.

"We have seen phoenix clubs emerge with success in other parts of the country so we’ll be offering Macclesfield Town fans and the Silkmen Supporters’ Trust whatever help we can.”

[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 13:22]

But clubs like Bury and now Macclesfield is down to piss poor management from the owners. By all means criticise the EFL for allowing these people to run the clubs into the ground.

Why should Liverpool bail out the idiots in charge of these clubs?

if I run my business into the ground, will my competitors come and bail me out?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024