Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone actually paying SKY for football 20:08 - Sep 20 with 1484 viewsgtsb1966

No crowds is awful even with the canned support
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 20:13]
Is anyone actually paying SKY for football on 20:30 - Sep 20 with 1427 viewsAce_High1

Yes has been hard to get too excited about the matches although Chelsea v Liverpool was decent.

I pay for it for all of the other sport as well.

For example the final round of the US Open is on right now.....
Is anyone actually paying SKY for football on 22:59 - Sep 20 with 1270 viewsPlums

I really don’t get this. It’s the same game. I’m happy watching football anywhere - with any number of people.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Is anyone actually paying SKY for football on 23:20 - Sep 20 with 1246 viewsScuzzer

Indeed it is nothing without the fans.
With regards to SKY coverage ...I think the commentators and pundits are pretty crap. I have to turn the sound off when Martyn Tyler is on...so I can stay awake. Gosh he is boring...wittering on and on and on. And the other guy who keeps saying when some swearing is audible..." we apologise for the 'inappropriate language " WHAT! It's a blinking football match you idiot...how is it inappropriate?
Hate to say it but BBC coverage is miles better.

Established 1968

Is anyone actually paying SKY for football on 23:23 - Sep 20 with 1236 viewsbournemouthblue

Is anyone actually paying SKY for football on 22:59 - Sep 20 by Plums

I really don’t get this. It’s the same game. I’m happy watching football anywhere - with any number of people.

The football is still good to be fair, I got over the no fans thing, months ago

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Is anyone actually paying SKY for football on 06:14 - Sep 21 with 1161 viewspeterleeblue

I'm not paying yet. However the football has improved since the end of last season. May well subscribe again at some point.
Is anyone actually paying SKY for football on 06:46 - Sep 21 with 1133 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Yeah been paying since the start of lockdown for the deal, split between some friends so the cost is negligible.

The best and worst thing for me, is that I've totally stopped noticing there isn't crowds anymore. I think the crowd noise is really well done, and I genuinely enjoy them to the same level as before, which is obviously wrong as fans should be there; but it is what it is right now.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Is anyone actually paying SKY for football on 08:50 - Sep 21 with 993 viewsParmigiano

The fake crowd noise is ridiculous, totally unnecessary and patronising to the viewer. It's the football equivalent of using dubbing instead of subtitles.

But I'm really enjoying watching the games in natural sound. It's so interesting hearing the players and managers communicating; we've never really heard that before in the higher leagues.
Is anyone actually paying SKY for football on 09:04 - Sep 21 with 975 viewsOldsmoker

Is anyone actually paying SKY for football on 08:50 - Sep 21 by Parmigiano

The fake crowd noise is ridiculous, totally unnecessary and patronising to the viewer. It's the football equivalent of using dubbing instead of subtitles.

But I'm really enjoying watching the games in natural sound. It's so interesting hearing the players and managers communicating; we've never really heard that before in the higher leagues.

The fake crowd noise is ridiculous.
I miss those songs informing the viewer on the performance of the referee.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone actually paying SKY for football on 09:08 - Sep 21 with 972 viewsBloomBlue

I don't understand the issue, we've watched football on the TV for years nothing different. it's 2020 the world is changing, people now shop online rather than go out with friends to visit shops etc, football is moving the same way watching it online
Is anyone actually paying SKY for football on 09:53 - Sep 21 with 914 viewsWickets

I enjoy the Sky Sports Premier League channel as the natural Fing and Blinding from the players and benches is much more entertaining than the canned support .
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 9:54]
Is anyone actually paying SKY for football on 09:59 - Sep 21 with 893 viewsbournemouthblue

Is anyone actually paying SKY for football on 08:50 - Sep 21 by Parmigiano

I prefer it to no noise, the early Bundesliga games without the sound were a bit surreal

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Is anyone actually paying SKY for football on 10:58 - Sep 21 with 826 viewsGiant_Midget

I much prefer my football with fans and in person, but this last weekend has been one of the most enjoyable weekends of watching football that I can remember for a long while.

I do also enjoy the clunking noise the frame of the nets make when a goal is scored!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024