Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs and the VAR 16:01 - Sep 27 with 1797 viewsMetal_Hacker

Anyone see it ? Game has gone crazy

Other instances this weekend just makes me glad we haven’t got it

Shambles

Poll: If it were one or the other

Spurs and the VAR on 16:59 - Sep 27 with 426 viewspositivity

Spurs and the VAR on 16:57 - Sep 27 by Metal_Hacker

Watch the Dier incident and if anyone can agree with this ...they need seeing to

will do, but if it hit dier's hand and spurs gained an advantage, i'm happy with the rule being applied correctly!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Spurs and the VAR on 17:00 - Sep 27 with 424 viewsMetal_Hacker

Spurs and the VAR on 16:59 - Sep 27 by positivity

will do, but if it hit dier's hand and spurs gained an advantage, i'm happy with the rule being applied correctly!

Like I said ...watch and when also let me know what advantage Spurs got

Spurs and the VAR on 17:01 - Sep 27 with 422 viewsBasuco

Spurs and the VAR on 16:52 - Sep 27 by Metal_Hacker

That aside , Dier had his back to the ball ..this all makes sense and you can agree with every aspect ?

I understand why these rules were brought in but there has to be an element of common sense no ?

Dier couldn’t even see the ball 😂

The raising of an arm to block a header, regardless of what direction the player is looking is still hand ball. The fact players have got away with defending this way in the past does not make it a correct way to defend. Players know exactly what they are doing in using their arms in this way.
Spurs and the VAR on 17:02 - Sep 27 with 419 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Spurs and the VAR on 16:36 - Sep 27 by Basuco

The arm is in an un-natural position, when he did not win the ball with his head, he then raised his arm to block the ball. No windup intended, just blatant and clever use of the arm. In my opinion of course.

"...just blatant and cleaver use of the arm..."

LOL, go home Basuco, you're drunk.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Spurs and the VAR on 17:12 - Sep 27 with 399 viewsDurovigutum

Spurs and the VAR on 16:59 - Sep 27 by positivity

There is nothing in the law about advantage from handball. The Dier incident is horrible from a football point of view, but you are correct that the law as it was written was correctly applied - anyone arguing that point is (sadly) wrong. The problem is that the law was allowed to be published in this form, but there are others that are similarly horrible - the penalty kick “what happens if there’s an offence” needs a grid table with the outcomes while the “three yellows is still not a red” impact of a dissent sin bin makes you realise they served the port to the old chaps before they finished the authoring session.
Spurs and the VAR on 17:23 - Sep 27 with 391 viewspatrickswell

I replied to a comment of yours the other day in which you wondered whether you were one of the few people who wouldn’t be upset to never see Town in the top flight again. My reply made several points, both pragmatic and romantic about why I would hope to see Town get back to the Premier League one day.

Well having seen VAR in action this weekend, I may find myself moving closer to your position on whether Town being in the top flight would be all it’s cracked up to be.
Spurs and the VAR on 17:35 - Sep 27 with 375 viewsMetal_Hacker

Spurs and the VAR on 17:01 - Sep 27 by Basuco

The raising of an arm to block a header, regardless of what direction the player is looking is still hand ball. The fact players have got away with defending this way in the past does not make it a correct way to defend. Players know exactly what they are doing in using their arms in this way.

Give your head a wobble

Spurs and the VAR on 17:36 - Sep 27 with 373 viewsMetal_Hacker

Spurs and the VAR on 17:23 - Sep 27 by patrickswell

I replied to a comment of yours the other day in which you wondered whether you were one of the few people who wouldn’t be upset to never see Town in the top flight again. My reply made several points, both pragmatic and romantic about why I would hope to see Town get back to the Premier League one day.

Well having seen VAR in action this weekend, I may find myself moving closer to your position on whether Town being in the top flight would be all it’s cracked up to be.

Amen to that

Login to get fewer ads

Spurs and the VAR on 20:19 - Sep 27 with 328 viewsBlue12345

Spurs and the VAR on 16:36 - Sep 27 by Basuco

The arm is in an un-natural position, when he did not win the ball with his head, he then raised his arm to block the ball. No windup intended, just blatant and clever use of the arm. In my opinion of course.

You have never played football have you, not even a kick about in the park.
Spurs and the VAR on 20:37 - Sep 27 with 318 viewsTrequartista

VAR is bad enough, but it's actually the messing about with the handball rule that is causing more problems. We can't fully even blame FIFA its the IFAB board that comes up with all this nonsense and they're all British.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Spurs and the VAR on 09:43 - Sep 28 with 278 viewsGeoffSentence

Spurs and the VAR on 16:48 - Sep 27 by Basuco

The rule was tightened up as so many players were getting increasingly clever in using the hands and arms to block a cross or shot, to claim ball to hand all the time. Now they all know the rule, it is one of the very few clear cut rules in football. Sorry, just my thoughts on it.

I have just seen it and was expecting it to be a much tighter decision. It obviously wasnt deliberate but it doesnt matter, his hand is a long way out and he deflects the ball from its intended target.

Doesnt look like a too contentious decision to me, dont know what the fuss is about.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024