Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First half thoughts 15:55 - Oct 10 with 563 viewsHerbivore

Started poorly and didn't really get going. Not a lot of threat from Blackpool and we defended solidly but it took about 10 minutes to get out of our half. We started to settle then scored a good goal with our first real attack and since then it's been as comfortable as anything. No great threat from Blackpool and they are sloppy enough that we're getting chances when we do get the ball in their half.

The back 4 and Holy have all been good today. Largely assured, only the odd minor error. Kenlock is doing well, looked nervy at the start but has settled well. Nsiala and Wilson defending really well. Chambers likewise and get to g forward well to score a beauty.

Huws hasn't been great but he does offer some physicality in there and can hold on to the ball in tight spots. Dozzer has put in a mature performance, not been getting on the ball quite as much as usual but he's really showing improvements in his defensive game today. Some good tracking back and important blocks and interceptions. Bishop has been different class for me. Since he's started getting on the ball we've looked a different side. He carries it well, picks a good pass, and he's starting to add goals to his game as well. His best half in years IMO.

Judge has been quiet but hasn't done too much wrong. Edwards is putting in a shift to support Kenlock and you can't argue with a goal and an assist. Hawkins working hard and done a few good things but he doesn't look a goal threat.

All in all, a decent half hour after a shaky start. Again some parallels with last season where we're not necessarily playing great stuff but we are solid and organised and we've got enough quality to capitalise at important moments. I'll take that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

First half thoughts on 15:57 - Oct 10 with 519 viewsBluefish

Agree with all that.

If I posted it i would get the usual blubs though.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

First half thoughts on 15:59 - Oct 10 with 473 viewsChrisd

First half thoughts on 15:57 - Oct 10 by Bluefish

Agree with all that.

Yeah, but the difference is you'd spout a cheap shot towards the manager even at 0-3 up!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

First half thoughts on 16:00 - Oct 10 with 454 viewsSpruceMoose

First half thoughts on 15:57 - Oct 10 by Bluefish

Agree with all that.

Look at meeeeeeeee!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

First half thoughts on 16:09 - Oct 10 with 402 viewsDarth_Koont

Agree with that. I think Nsiala and Wilson are a significant part of this. No offence to Chambers and Woolfenden (who may well compete given his better ability on the ball) but no centre forwards have got change out of these two all season. Even today (touch wood) they’ve stifled Madine who normally causes defences a lot more problems.

When you’ve got defenders who deal with stuff and break up attacks without support then the rest of the team can look forward a lot more.

Pronouns: He/Him

First half thoughts on 16:14 - Oct 10 with 367 viewswkj

It's so much better seeing us start poorly and grow into it when last season we felt like a one half team, usually finishing poorly

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024