Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 18:35 - Oct 24 with 3745 viewsMullet

I know you shouldn't listen to managers talking to the press, but that isn't even deflecting from your players is it? It's just outright lies.

Our club has fallen so far, and expectations have plummeted with it. Absolute bobbins. Where's the anger now? How can anyone back him now? The football is the worst in living memory, the squad can't even compete in a division we should never be in.

To see the club in absolute ruins so quickly and so needlessly is an absolute disgrace. Lambert has done as much as any body to put us here. A half decent manager would have us dominant in this league not just playing fcuking make believe to the cameras.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 10:32 - Oct 25 with 400 viewsPJH

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 10:10 - Oct 25 by Jimmy86

That all makes sense, I think that had a big part to play in the relationship breaking down irretrievably between Mick and the fanbase though, as his style of football was ok whilst achieving results, but when it wasn't it was just P1SS poor... people seem to forget the fact we went through 5 home games without scoring and the ironic cheers when we had our first shot on target in the 80th minute etc.

You are of course correct about the five home games without scoring but interestingly (perhaps) at the same time we had gone DWDWW in consecutive away games with scoring in the two drawn ones.

Seems to me that the players and most certainly the manager were happier and more relaxed away from Portman Road-as was I.
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 10:34 - Oct 25 with 399 viewsPJH

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 10:27 - Oct 25 by pointofblue

The issue is where there is no entertainment to speak of and we still lose.

Yes and that often happened and happens. I was just stating my preference for if and when you have to choose between the result and the performance.
"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 11:47 - Oct 25 with 367 viewsKeaneish

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 22:24 - Oct 24 by Jimmy86

Surely you want to be entertained though? Football isn't just a results business is it?

Not looking for an argument my friend, I'm a town fan same as you are... just find this fawning over Mick pathetic.... yes we were in the championship, but the football was so poor... I want to see my team win, but I'd want to be entertained too

Agreed. The two are talked about as mutually exclusive for some reason but one should be a by product of the other. They weren’t under Mick, Paul Hurst and aren’t under Lambert. I find it baffling that some question the intentions of fans who think we should have had better in the Championship. Wanting more for your club has since become a stick to beat other fans with as it hasn’t worked.

Personally, there’s a blame culture on here as opinions seem to need to be polarised. Some of those posters are intimating as much in this thread. Its been sad reading for several years now.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

"The performance was excellent" Paul Lambert 24/10/20 on 16:07 - Oct 25 with 326 viewscbower

Covid shutdown effectively gave him a stay of execution. The way our season collapsed after January was astonishing but the good periods of results from time to time are probably counterproductive long term - repeatedly saving his job. Same for Jewell. The comeback against Barnsley and sporadic periods of play-off form prolonged his tenure. Since taking the job here, Lambert has produced nothing of substance on the pitch. Those who believe he has are just seeing what they want to. 2e may well win the next two games, be very close to the top or even on top but only Blackpool has been a convincing performance for me. Wigan we could have been two down easily. Brizzle was poor first half, MK were better than us and both Rochdale and Accrington were not as good as some would have us believe. The only thing saving him maybe the injury list I suppose. On another note, his failure to get anything out of Huws, who should be a class above IMHO, is baffling too.

bluescouser

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024