Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
0-0 17:35 - Nov 1 with 1396 viewsTheonlywayisup

Just a thought.

If for a 0-0 draw both teams got 0.5 points rather than the 1 point for a draw I think this could be a great way to evolve the game of football. I'm sure there would be some flaws but would stop games like the one we're currently watching.
0-0 on 17:38 - Nov 1 with 1367 viewsJ2BLUE

Three points for a win should be more than enough reason to go for it. I've never understood playing for a draw unless you're against someone like City or Liverpool. These two should be going for each other.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

0-0 on 17:39 - Nov 1 with 1354 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Wouldn't change a thing. 5 points for a win and 1 for a draw might, but not 0.5 instead of 1.
0-0 on 17:39 - Nov 1 with 1351 viewsitfcjoe

Why wouldn’t both teams just allow or to go to 1-1 straight away?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

0-0 on 17:41 - Nov 1 with 1337 viewsAce_High1

0-0 on 17:38 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

Three points for a win should be more than enough reason to go for it. I've never understood playing for a draw unless you're against someone like City or Liverpool. These two should be going for each other.

This every time, play to win.

Sometimes you will, sometimes you won't, but apart from in a very few exceptional cases, setting out for a point before play is never necessary.
0-0 on 17:42 - Nov 1 with 1337 viewsTJS

It would inevitably lead to teams colluding to draw 1-1 by letting each other score.
You could just have a penalty shoot out at the end of 90 minutes which I have a feeling some leagues In the world are already doing.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 17:44]
0-0 on 17:44 - Nov 1 with 1312 viewsTractorCam

0-0 on 17:42 - Nov 1 by TJS

It would inevitably lead to teams colluding to draw 1-1 by letting each other score.
You could just have a penalty shoot out at the end of 90 minutes which I have a feeling some leagues In the world are already doing.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 17:44]

Actually you'd see one team given the goal and then not want to let them score back. Then you have a firey game on your hands!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

0-0 on 17:51 - Nov 1 with 1283 viewsTheonlywayisup

0-0 on 17:39 - Nov 1 by itfcjoe

Why wouldn’t both teams just allow or to go to 1-1 straight away?

That would be one of the flaws!!
0-0 on 19:02 - Nov 1 with 1158 viewsTrequartista

I wouldn't mind going back to 2 points for a win - just seems more suitable for a pure battle between scoring and conceding. But until VAR goes it's not really near the top of my change list.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Login to get fewer ads

0-0 on 23:58 - Nov 1 with 1012 viewsThe_Last_Baron

A love a good, hard fought 0-0 draw with great defending, tough tackles and brilliant saves. Nothing wrong with it now and again.

The points system is perfect as it is.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

0-0 on 16:27 - Nov 2 with 829 viewsportmanpensioner

Three points for a win and a bonus point for 3 or more goals
0-0 on 19:25 - Dec 12 with 681 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Points system is perfect as it is.

So stand by for the Premier League, UEFA or FIFA to ruin it with some rugby style bonus point nonsense. It wouldn't surprise me if they did. Have you read the latest Champions League proposals...32 teams in one group, everyone plays 10 games against pot luck opponents and the top 16 qualify for the next stage. This is likely to be taken up in a couple of years, total nonsense.

0-0 on 19:31 - Dec 12 with 647 viewsWickets

0-0 on 17:39 - Nov 1 by IpswichBoyBlue

Wouldn't change a thing. 5 points for a win and 1 for a draw might, but not 0.5 instead of 1.

Think op meant 0.5 for a goalless draw 1point for a score draw . I can see his pointas it means if you dont score the best you can get is half a point !
0-0 on 21:38 - Dec 12 with 581 viewsThe_Last_Baron

0-0 on 19:31 - Dec 12 by Wickets

Think op meant 0.5 for a goalless draw 1point for a score draw . I can see his pointas it means if you dont score the best you can get is half a point !

Nothing wrong with a 0-0 draw. One of the best games ever ended 0-0 after 90 mins - Germany v Italy at the 2006 World Cup.

Lots of goals often mean terrible defending. You can't beat a tough, hard fought 1-0 win.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024