Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave 08:00 - Nov 12 with 3007 viewsitfcjoe

https://www.politico.eu/newsletter/london-playbook/politico-london-playbook-how-

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 10:21 - Nov 13 with 358 viewsHerbivore

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 10:16 - Nov 13 by Dyland

Indeed. That can still be classed as brilliant campaigning though.

I often disagree with you and the way you present stuff, but I do like how you view things though unmurky lights, and with consistency, fair play :)

Are you coming on to me?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 10:23 - Nov 13 with 358 viewsDyland

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 10:21 - Nov 13 by Herbivore

Are you coming on to me?

Ha! It's a backhanded compliment I guess. I'm feeling a bit chipper this morning. No reason. And it won't last.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 12:06 - Nov 13 with 322 viewstractordownsouth

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 08:16 - Nov 12 by Plums

Boris is responsible for Vote Leave; he’ll sink with them. He’s a flag of convenience until the Brexit disaster is done and he’ll be out on his ear. The loss of +50k lives overseen by the worst and most incompetent and corrupt government in living memory will be his epitaph.
Shame on all the sheep who put them in this position of power.

We’re seeing the end of the cult, it’s just going to cost a few more people their lives while they fight it out. Despicable people.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 8:17]

Like most Brexiteers, Cummings is leaving the sinking ship, and Johnson will follow in 2021. However, they've riled up so many people, I think the populist surge in this country will only continue. When Brexit is inevitably a disaster, there will be space for someone like Farage to exploit it. He hasn't been involved in negotiations, so he can blame Johnson for not being Brexity enough, remainers, civil servants, Barnier, Juncker, foreigners, Muslims... you name it.

If it's not Farage, it could be someone even uglier (both physically and politically) that occupies that space - like a Nick Griffin 2.0 type.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 12:10 - Nov 13 with 319 viewstractordownsouth

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 08:43 - Nov 13 by itfcjoe

Was all the political capital spent to protect him after Barnard Castle worth it?

Gave up the public health messaging and made themselves look stupid, for a few more months of him seemingly trying to manoeuvre behind the scenes to take control.

Be interesting to see how the next year his handled, hopefully the vile Gove moves away from the levers of power as well

Gove will inevitably have another crack at the leadership. Not sure how he and Sunak will pitch their ambitions though as they're both political chameleons. I can't see anyone flying the flag for the moderate wing (a la Rory Stewart) because there are probably fewer than 10 of them left in the parliamentary party.

I think Priti Patel might do well in any leadership election, she's certainly been playing to the membership as Home Secretary. She'd be horrific, but the only silver lining is that she'd be beatable in an election.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 13:33 - Nov 13 with 279 viewsmonytowbray

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 09:39 - Nov 13 by Dubtractor

Who are Kuennsberg (sp?) and Peston going to have as a "Downing Street" source from now on? They must be pretty worried.

They might have to actually start doing actual journalism instead of PR.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 14:28 - Nov 13 with 236 viewsBeckets

Sounds like Boris is trying to wrestle control back from Vote Leave on 13:33 - Nov 13 by monytowbray

They might have to actually start doing actual journalism instead of PR.

I think they might struggle with that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024