Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corona virus 17:38 - Nov 27 with 2545 viewsLeaky

My son has just recovered from covid 19. We run a heating business together, he now wants to return to work. Obviously this entails working in clients, houses, There seems no definitive advice as to how to do this safely. I have suggested he needs a negative test before he can return to work he claims you need only to be symptom free for 48 hours. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Corona virus on 17:40 - Nov 27 with 2486 viewsGlasgowBlue

Ten days from the date of the test isn't it?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corona virus on 17:41 - Nov 27 with 2498 viewsSteve_M

Whilst he is probably correct that he can return to work if symptom free it is probably in your interest, as a responsible business owner, to make sure he has a negative test first.

As you imply, your work provides plenty of opportunities to spread the virus.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Corona virus on 17:41 - Nov 27 with 2480 viewsjeera

I don't know but would have thought a good week or so.

Someone with some knowledge will answer I'm sure.

So just a word to say it's good to hear he's recovering and wish him well!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Corona virus on 17:56 - Nov 27 with 2433 viewsLeaky

Corona virus on 17:41 - Nov 27 by Steve_M

Whilst he is probably correct that he can return to work if symptom free it is probably in your interest, as a responsible business owner, to make sure he has a negative test first.

I will be insisting on a negative test. It is just difficult when checking on the Ugov site what the requirement's are.
Corona virus on 17:58 - Nov 27 with 2426 viewsLeaky

Corona virus on 17:41 - Nov 27 by jeera

I don't know but would have thought a good week or so.

Someone with some knowledge will answer I'm sure.

So just a word to say it's good to hear he's recovering and wish him well!

Thanks, considering he had a heart & lung transplant he has recover very quickly
Corona virus on 17:58 - Nov 27 with 2420 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corona virus on 17:56 - Nov 27 by Leaky

I will be insisting on a negative test. It is just difficult when checking on the Ugov site what the requirement's are.

Track and trace would have asked him when he started showing symptoms and also the date of the positive test. They would then give him a return to work date provided he was symptom free.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corona virus on 18:08 - Nov 27 with 2405 viewsLeaky

Corona virus on 17:58 - Nov 27 by GlasgowBlue

Track and trace would have asked him when he started showing symptoms and also the date of the positive test. They would then give him a return to work date provided he was symptom free.

Thanks for that, however when working in peoples homes I want to be seen to be working safely. You only have to look on facebook to see the crap you get if you get it wrong.
Corona virus on 18:17 - Nov 27 with 2382 viewsKeno

Sack him!!

He is obviously a trouble maker

Seriously I think its 10 days

When can I return to work after a positive Covid test?
When you can go back to work after testing positive depends on whether or not you were symptomatic at the time of the test.

If you had displayed symptoms and tested positive, you shouldn’t return to work any earlier than 10 days from when the symptoms first began.

This is provided clinical improvement has occurred and you have been non-feverish without medication for a period of 48 hours.

You should also ensure you are medically fit to go back to work before rushing back.

From this

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1358066/When-can-I-return-to-work-after-covid-

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Corona virus on 18:34 - Nov 27 with 2327 viewsfactual_blue

Corona virus on 18:17 - Nov 27 by Keno

Sack him!!

He is obviously a trouble maker

Seriously I think its 10 days

When can I return to work after a positive Covid test?
When you can go back to work after testing positive depends on whether or not you were symptomatic at the time of the test.

If you had displayed symptoms and tested positive, you shouldn’t return to work any earlier than 10 days from when the symptoms first began.

This is provided clinical improvement has occurred and you have been non-feverish without medication for a period of 48 hours.

You should also ensure you are medically fit to go back to work before rushing back.

From this

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1358066/When-can-I-return-to-work-after-covid-

I wouldn't rely on medical info from the daily benters.

And I think Leaky jnr has actually had Covid.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Corona virus on 18:36 - Nov 27 with 2319 viewsKeno

Corona virus on 18:34 - Nov 27 by factual_blue

I wouldn't rely on medical info from the daily benters.

And I think Leaky jnr has actually had Covid.

I was trying to be helpful

Corona virus on 18:38 - Nov 27 with 2311 viewsfactual_blue

Corona virus on 18:36 - Nov 27 by Keno

I was trying to be helpful

I know that, dear boy.

But the daily benters......

Corona virus on 18:40 - Nov 27 with 2310 viewsGuthrum

Corona virus on 17:41 - Nov 27 by Steve_M

Speaking as someone self-employed going into people's homes, it's also a matter of customer confidence.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Corona virus on 18:45 - Nov 27 with 2288 viewsfactual_blue

Corona virus on 18:40 - Nov 27 by Guthrum

Speaking as someone self-employed going into people's homes, it's also a matter of customer confidence.

You're a cat burglar aren't you?

Bit rich to talk about 'customers'.

Corona virus on 18:46 - Nov 27 with 2281 viewsKeno

Corona virus on 18:40 - Nov 27 by Guthrum

and your own confidence that the client has been following guidelines etc etc etc

Corona virus on 18:46 - Nov 27 with 2279 viewsGuthrum

Corona virus on 18:45 - Nov 27 by factual_blue

You're a cat burglar aren't you?

Bit rich to talk about 'customers'.

Don't need to burgle, just entice them with a few treats.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Corona virus on 19:26 - Nov 27 with 2207 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corona virus on 17:56 - Nov 27 by Leaky

I am aware of a situation in a school in Suffolk where an asymptomatic student tested positive. He returned to school after 14 days and then felt unwell. He has since tested positive again. The school sent all close contacts home as per the risk assessment.

Public Health Suffolk has told the school to instruct all the close contacts to return to school and stop self-isolating.

It appears the thinking is something to do with the dead virus persisting in the system and causing a positive test again.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 23:16]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Corona virus on 19:40 - Nov 27 with 2175 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corona virus on 19:26 - Nov 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am aware of a situation in a school in Suffolk where an asymptomatic student tested positive. He returned to school after 14 days and then felt unwell. He has since tested positive again. The school sent all close contacts home as per the risk assessment.

Public Health Suffolk has told the school to instruct all the close contacts to return to school and stop self-isolating.

It appears the thinking is something to do with the dead virus persisting in the system and causing a positive test again.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 23:16]

Contents of letter to parents as seen:

Earlier today I was contacted by Public Health Suffolk. Following our notification to them of a Y12 student testing positive for a second time, they decided to investigate this anomalous situation. They have looked at the information supplied to them; student’s symptoms, advice given to the student’s family by their GP, plus actions taken after the first and second notification to school.
My discussion with a consultant from the PHS was detailed and involved checking details and actions thoroughly. As a consequence of this and their due consideration of all the facts they have informed me that we can now invite all those asked to self-isolate for 14 days, to return to school as soon as possible, to resume their studies. Please see below their guidance:
ï‚· The school has identified the Y12 student’s close contacts and about 40 children were sent home for a period of self-isolation as per standard guidance.
ï‚· Following investigation and further discussion, our advice is now that these children should return to school immediately provided they are all fit and healthy.
ï‚· If anyone is feeling tired or not well he/she should not come to school until he/she recovers.
ï‚· If anyone presents with any symptoms, they should book online testing and follow the
advice.
Given this advice and guidance, we are inviting your son/daughter to return to school on Monday 30th November, thus minimising the anticipated disruption to learning. We hope you will see this development as good news, as we do, but should you have any concerns regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Sixth Form Team or myself to discuss further.

Corona virus on 20:00 - Nov 27 with 2138 viewsBasuco

Was it one of these test's?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55107272
Corona virus on 20:17 - Nov 27 with 2104 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corona virus on 20:00 - Nov 27 by Basuco

Was it one of these test's?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55107272

The asymptomatic one or the symptomatic one?
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 23:18]

Corona virus on 20:17 - Nov 27 with 2104 viewsCoastalblue

Corona virus on 19:40 - Nov 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Contents of letter to parents as seen:

Earlier today I was contacted by Public Health Suffolk. Following our notification to them of a Y12 student testing positive for a second time, they decided to investigate this anomalous situation. They have looked at the information supplied to them; student’s symptoms, advice given to the student’s family by their GP, plus actions taken after the first and second notification to school.
My discussion with a consultant from the PHS was detailed and involved checking details and actions thoroughly. As a consequence of this and their due consideration of all the facts they have informed me that we can now invite all those asked to self-isolate for 14 days, to return to school as soon as possible, to resume their studies. Please see below their guidance:
ï‚· The school has identified the Y12 student’s close contacts and about 40 children were sent home for a period of self-isolation as per standard guidance.
ï‚· Following investigation and further discussion, our advice is now that these children should return to school immediately provided they are all fit and healthy.
ï‚· If anyone is feeling tired or not well he/she should not come to school until he/she recovers.
ï‚· If anyone presents with any symptoms, they should book online testing and follow the
advice.
Given this advice and guidance, we are inviting your son/daughter to return to school on Monday 30th November, thus minimising the anticipated disruption to learning. We hope you will see this development as good news, as we do, but should you have any concerns regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Sixth Form Team or myself to discuss further.

If Covid had happened when I was 15 I think I'd have woken up with a sore throat or no sense of smell every day since March.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Corona virus on 20:19 - Nov 27 with 2093 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corona virus on 20:17 - Nov 27 by Coastalblue

If Covid had happened when I was 15 I think I'd have woken up with a sore throat or no sense of smell every day since March.

Not sure of your point there.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 23:15]

Corona virus on 03:49 - Nov 28 with 1908 viewsCoastalblue

Corona virus on 20:19 - Nov 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure of your point there.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 23:15]

I hated school, nothing more than that

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Corona virus on 12:30 - Nov 28 with 1726 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corona virus on 03:49 - Nov 28 by Coastalblue

I hated school, nothing more than that

It is such a shame so many students do. A real damning indictment of our education system.

Of course, some of it is down to pastoral issues that are very difficult to resolve. However, too much of it is down to the rigidly academic system we run with no value put on practical and vocational skills. It was bad before Gove but is now 100x worse.

Corona virus on 12:37 - Nov 28 with 1717 viewsAce_High1

Corona virus on 12:30 - Nov 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is such a shame so many students do. A real damning indictment of our education system.

Of course, some of it is down to pastoral issues that are very difficult to resolve. However, too much of it is down to the rigidly academic system we run with no value put on practical and vocational skills. It was bad before Gove but is now 100x worse.

I tell you what I have realised later in life (mid 30's now) is how poor school was for setting you up in a career. I had no idea what I wanted to do when I left and had no knowledge of what careers were out there.

if you wanted to go onto Uni you were catered for, anyone else it was up to you and at that age I lacked the knowledge to decide what I wanted to do.

Love my career now but I often think if I had my time again with the knowledge I have now, I would take a very different path.
Corona virus on 12:40 - Nov 28 with 1707 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Corona virus on 12:37 - Nov 28 by Ace_High1

I tell you what I have realised later in life (mid 30's now) is how poor school was for setting you up in a career. I had no idea what I wanted to do when I left and had no knowledge of what careers were out there.

if you wanted to go onto Uni you were catered for, anyone else it was up to you and at that age I lacked the knowledge to decide what I wanted to do.

Love my career now but I often think if I had my time again with the knowledge I have now, I would take a very different path.

There is more focus on careers advice nowadays and some better resources for it. However, it is a difficult thing to get right.

If our education system was better set up for giving people the general skills too, it would help. Microsoft produced an interesting video a while back called "Shift Happens".

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024