Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In an ideal world would you like to see Marcus Evans sell Ipswich Town? 14:35 - Nov 30 with 943 viewsTieDyedIn95

In an ideal world would you like to see Marcus Evans sell Ipswich Town?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

In an ideal world would you like to see Marcus Evans sell Ipswich Town? on 15:47 - Nov 30 with 850 viewsdickie

This is such an open ended question - to whom? Mike Ashley? Then no... A conglomerate of Ipswich Town loving millionaires/billionaires with links to the area... Yes. Things are awful at the moment and have been for most of the Evans era but you definitely have to be careful what you wish for. I'd be happy if Evans stayed but the day to day running/operations were completely overhauled as something definitely isn't working with how things are currently.
In an ideal world would you like to see Marcus Evans sell Ipswich Town? on 17:05 - Nov 30 with 806 viewsTieDyedIn95

In an ideal world would you like to see Marcus Evans sell Ipswich Town? on 15:47 - Nov 30 by dickie

This is such an open ended question - to whom? Mike Ashley? Then no... A conglomerate of Ipswich Town loving millionaires/billionaires with links to the area... Yes. Things are awful at the moment and have been for most of the Evans era but you definitely have to be careful what you wish for. I'd be happy if Evans stayed but the day to day running/operations were completely overhauled as something definitely isn't working with how things are currently.

I'd personally love the club to be fan owned - but the idea that if Evans moves on we'll suddenly be snapped up by some uncaring millionaire is a reason not to want change is silly, since I recall no concerns such as these being raised when Evans bought the club? Where were these concerned voices then?

If we do not change the leadership we do not change the rot. When do we stand up to the crap, League Two, worse?

Time really is now while we're only just out of the top two tiers of English football.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81

In an ideal world would you like to see Marcus Evans sell Ipswich Town? on 17:11 - Nov 30 with 785 viewswkj

I voted no, and here is why.

In an ideal world, I would see Evans remain, and continue to be anonymous - however, the shift would be he assumes an ownership role with a CEO responsible for making the decisions for the club with his own power of veto in tact if need be.

Evans and his investment has been critical, and continues to be critical - however, his structure of having spokesmen and almost total control has been damaging, and that is the element I would see changed in a perfect world.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

In an ideal world would you like to see Marcus Evans sell Ipswich Town? on 20:16 - Nov 30 with 696 viewsRegencyBlue

Yes!

At least with a new owner there is a chance things could improve. Evans is slowly killing us and has been doing so for years.

We need him out before the damage becomes irreversible, if it’s not already!
In an ideal world would you like to see Marcus Evans sell Ipswich Town? on 01:39 - Dec 4 with 523 viewsTieDyedIn95

In an ideal world would you like to see Marcus Evans sell Ipswich Town? on 17:11 - Nov 30 by wkj

I voted no, and here is why.

In an ideal world, I would see Evans remain, and continue to be anonymous - however, the shift would be he assumes an ownership role with a CEO responsible for making the decisions for the club with his own power of veto in tact if need be.

Evans and his investment has been critical, and continues to be critical - however, his structure of having spokesmen and almost total control has been damaging, and that is the element I would see changed in a perfect world.

He's a piece of work as proven by todays statement.

We need to stay home, for as long as it takes.

In an ideal world would you like to see Marcus Evans sell Ipswich Town? on 01:55 - Dec 4 with 512 viewspointofblue

A new owner would either save us or kill us quicker. At this moment either is preferable to the slow, drawn out bleed we’re suffering from now.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

In an ideal world would you like to see Marcus Evans sell Ipswich Town? on 01:58 - Dec 4 with 507 viewsMrTown

From a financial perspective, Evans is providing enough financial support at this level, questions could be raised in Championship that the finances he provides aren’t enough, but we are League 1 right now.

From a decision making point of view, he’s wide of the mark.

Right now he’s having a terrible time of it, misplaced loyalty with Lambert, and misjudged perspective of just how angry the fanbase is right now.

Ultimately it will bite him in the backside this year when Lambert fails to deliver and we stagnate in 10th again.

I love ITFC, so sincerely hope I am wrong, and Evans is correct, and Lambert can succeed this year, and I will be the first the mince my words, I highly suspect it won’t be the case though.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 2:01]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024