Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Regulatory approval of Pfizer / BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19 05:33 - Dec 6 with 3557 viewsurbanblue

How many of you have read the documentation issued by the UK Government on this vaccine? I think everyone should. It can be found here ...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-pfizer-biontec

To be honest, I am kind of reeling at what I have just read and would appreciate some sort of feedback from people as to whether I am overreacting.

In the 'Information for UK Healthcare Professionals' document it says at Section 4.6 ...

'Fertility
It is unknown whether COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 has an impact on fertility.'

This information is NOT shown within the 'Information for UK recipients document'.

I mean, this is really important to know before having the vaccine isn't it? The media should be all over it.

Would appreciate thoughts on this.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2020 5:35]
Regulatory approval of Pfizer / BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19 on 16:36 - Dec 6 with 1011 viewsPinewoodblue

Regulatory approval of Pfizer / BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19 on 16:26 - Dec 6 by BanksterDebtSlave

Do you have evidence for that 1 in 10 bit?

Only figure I’ve seen suggests that 1 in 50 still show signs after 90 days.

The other thing to remember is we don’t actually know for certain how many people have had it but not shown any symptoms.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Regulatory approval of Pfizer / BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19 on 05:48 - Dec 7 with 953 viewsurbanblue

Thanks to those who commented. Obviously the TWTD missive aren't very concerned (those that posted anyway) so I may well be reading too much into it.

To reply to some of the comments ...

I am obviously not looking to the board for the answer but as Meadowlark thoughtfully noted, we are all different, and I am one of those that likes to look at all the facts and evidence before coming to a conclusion, if possible. TWTD is the only Social Media that I do and I have a lot of respect for the opinions of some of the posters on here ... on both sides of the Covid debate.

In answer to a couple of the replies this is also not about me. I am over 50 and live in Australia. However, our Government, I feel, will not be far behind the UK and I have a 13 year old daughter. I also have a fair number of young nieces and nephews in the Uk as well as many friends. Most do not know about this and I think they should. On saying that I appreciate that it will be a good while before the vaccine will be available to a vast number of the younger population.

I also am obviously accepting and aware that all vaccines and drugs come with the warning of possible side effects and accept that like we all do. Let me stress though that these are 'known' side effects. Things that are accepted and not considered life changing. The issue of fertility and the Pfizer vaccine is 'unknown' .... They do not know if there may be a problem.

Which brings me to the question that no one addressed ... Why is the information not on the document that will be provided to the public? Surely, it should be.

Of course, I realise that there has not been the time to look at the matter of fertility as the vaccine has been rolled out so quickly. However, I note that a couple of the replies state that the proviso that the impact on fertility is unknown applies to other vaccines! I have been unable to find evidence of this so please can someone provide a link. I can't see how a vaccine that takes the normal 5 plus years to be approved would be issued saying that something like this is 'unknown'.

Thanks.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 6:10]
Regulatory approval of Pfizer / BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19 on 08:45 - Dec 7 with 902 viewsHerbivore

Regulatory approval of Pfizer / BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19 on 05:48 - Dec 7 by urbanblue

Thanks to those who commented. Obviously the TWTD missive aren't very concerned (those that posted anyway) so I may well be reading too much into it.

To reply to some of the comments ...

I am obviously not looking to the board for the answer but as Meadowlark thoughtfully noted, we are all different, and I am one of those that likes to look at all the facts and evidence before coming to a conclusion, if possible. TWTD is the only Social Media that I do and I have a lot of respect for the opinions of some of the posters on here ... on both sides of the Covid debate.

In answer to a couple of the replies this is also not about me. I am over 50 and live in Australia. However, our Government, I feel, will not be far behind the UK and I have a 13 year old daughter. I also have a fair number of young nieces and nephews in the Uk as well as many friends. Most do not know about this and I think they should. On saying that I appreciate that it will be a good while before the vaccine will be available to a vast number of the younger population.

I also am obviously accepting and aware that all vaccines and drugs come with the warning of possible side effects and accept that like we all do. Let me stress though that these are 'known' side effects. Things that are accepted and not considered life changing. The issue of fertility and the Pfizer vaccine is 'unknown' .... They do not know if there may be a problem.

Which brings me to the question that no one addressed ... Why is the information not on the document that will be provided to the public? Surely, it should be.

Of course, I realise that there has not been the time to look at the matter of fertility as the vaccine has been rolled out so quickly. However, I note that a couple of the replies state that the proviso that the impact on fertility is unknown applies to other vaccines! I have been unable to find evidence of this so please can someone provide a link. I can't see how a vaccine that takes the normal 5 plus years to be approved would be issued saying that something like this is 'unknown'.

Thanks.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 6:10]

They aren't going to list every unknown in a public document. I doubt they know whether it makes you develop breasts as a man either, but they aren't going to say that it's unknown because what they will know is that the mechanism of the vaccine means that there is no reason why it would do so. The same goes for fertility. Why would this vaccine have an impact on fertility? And similarly, just because they haven't specifically monitored and trialled fertility, why would they then need to inform the public if they don't think it's a risk?

I could understand your viewpoint if what was being put out was a male contraceptive pill or contraceptive injection. If they didn't know whether that could cause issues with fertility then it'd be right to be concerned. But with a vaccine? I don't mean to sound condescending but in a way this thread is an example of why full disclosure to the public isn't always a good thing. A little bit of information can be dangerous. You're now really concerned about the vaccine because they've been honest that they haven't specifically monitored fertility yet, even though there is no reason whatsoever to think that it would have an impact on fertility. If the whole public took your approach then nobody would take the vaccine, despite there being no evidence it would pose a risk.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2020 8:59]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Regulatory approval of Pfizer / BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19 on 08:55 - Dec 7 with 895 viewshype313

Have a look at the side affects of Paracetamol.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Regulatory approval of Pfizer / BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19 on 09:03 - Dec 7 with 880 viewsStokieBlue

Regulatory approval of Pfizer / BioNTech vaccine for COVID-19 on 08:55 - Dec 7 by hype313

Have a look at the side affects of Paracetamol.

Exactly.

I stated this earlier. It's interesting that people are delving much deeper into the C19 vaccines than any other medicine I can think of and I think a lot of it is driven by the fake news out there about vaccines, especially this one. Some of it is utterly bonkers but perhaps if some people are saturated with the stuff it does begin to create a nagging doubt.

I am not saying it's intentional, just a by-product of having so much more information to sift through and parse.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024