Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where is our club captain? 23:35 - Dec 12 with 4184 viewsSmithy

He's now more silent than the owner, both on and off the pitch. Has he now disappeared up Lamberts ar*e?, or is he restraining himself from really saying what he thinks of the whole situation. Worryingly biting back at fans and putting his fingers to his lips suggests he's in the Lambert brigade, like most of the club his communication with the fans seems to have broken down.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Where is our club captain? on 13:39 - Dec 13 with 850 viewsitfcjoe

Where is our club captain? on 13:35 - Dec 13 by MrTown

Hurst had a disaster tenure here. Chambers and Skuse were very poor throughout that behind the scenes though, very poor indeed. Some nonsense behaviour from ‘senior pros’.

I’m not sure they are an ‘easy target’, a negative opinion on someone doesn’t mean they are an easy target. Too much sway and influence at the club, and they don’t back it up consistently on the pitch.

Would be interesting with the current state of the club, whether using hindsight Lambert would go back and give the contracts again, I suspect he wouldn’t.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 13:37]

Mad that Skuse still gets stick as being part of the problem when he’s been on the treatment table for weeks and is now working part time at a local school.....

Chambers, other than Wilson who is now out of favour, is the only defender in the squad who can come out of this season with any credit so far.

But yet these two are still getting stick today, it’s crazy.

And you really don’t know what you are talking about behind the scenes when Hurst was here, it was an utter sh*t show and he could/should have been sacked after 10 games. Why is that Chambers and Skuse fault? They were the 2 senior players who stayed in the team - unlike Bart, Knudsen, Sears etc who are pretty vocal about what was going on.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Where is our club captain? on 13:40 - Dec 13 with 849 viewsLankHenners

Where is our club captain? on 13:35 - Dec 13 by MrTown

Hurst had a disaster tenure here. Chambers and Skuse were very poor throughout that behind the scenes though, very poor indeed. Some nonsense behaviour from ‘senior pros’.

I’m not sure they are an ‘easy target’, a negative opinion on someone doesn’t mean they are an easy target. Too much sway and influence at the club, and they don’t back it up consistently on the pitch.

Would be interesting with the current state of the club, whether using hindsight Lambert would go back and give the contracts again, I suspect he wouldn’t.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 13:37]

‘Chambers and Skuse were very poor throughout that behind the scenes though, very poor indeed. Some nonsense behaviour from ‘senior pros’.’

That is absolute BS. No-one worked harder than those two to keep the spirits and standards of the team up that season and some of the stuff they had to put up with from ‘fans’ both on and away from the pitch was a disgrace.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Where is our club captain? on 13:42 - Dec 13 with 829 viewsMrTown

Where is our club captain? on 13:40 - Dec 13 by LankHenners

‘Chambers and Skuse were very poor throughout that behind the scenes though, very poor indeed. Some nonsense behaviour from ‘senior pros’.’

That is absolute BS. No-one worked harder than those two to keep the spirits and standards of the team up that season and some of the stuff they had to put up with from ‘fans’ both on and away from the pitch was a disgrace.

No, they really didn’t, not just them two by the way, but they really didn’t.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Where is our club captain? on 13:44 - Dec 13 with 815 viewsLankHenners

Where is our club captain? on 13:42 - Dec 13 by MrTown

You’re talking out your backside on the pretense of having some def info, which is far from the first time.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Where is our club captain? on 13:45 - Dec 13 with 805 viewsRyorry

Where is our club captain? on 13:42 - Dec 13 by MrTown

Have you read itfcjoe's posts? He's somebody who does actually know what he's talking about.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Where is our club captain? on 13:46 - Dec 13 with 799 viewsMrTown

Where is our club captain? on 13:39 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

Mad that Skuse still gets stick as being part of the problem when he’s been on the treatment table for weeks and is now working part time at a local school.....

Chambers, other than Wilson who is now out of favour, is the only defender in the squad who can come out of this season with any credit so far.

And you really don’t know what you are talking about behind the scenes when Hurst was here, it was an utter sh*t show and he could/should have been sacked after 10 games. Why is that Chambers and Skuse fault? They were the 2 senior players who stayed in the team - unlike Bart, Knudsen, Sears etc who are pretty vocal about what was going on.

I haven’t given either stick for performances this season, but the writing has been on the wall for them pair of them beyond this season. Chambers had a great start to the season until Blackpool where like the whole team has regressed.

The pair should have been moved out of the picture following relegation.

I really do know what I am talking about during the Hurst era, maybe it could be yourself that doesn’t know the full picture, I don’t know.

Where is our club captain? on 13:47 - Dec 13 with 788 viewsjayessess

Where is our club captain? on 13:39 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

Not sure Chambers should get much more credit than anyone else defensively. Been at fault for as many goals as anyone else, including getting out-jumped and out-muscled by a winger for an aimless 40-yard punt into the air yesterday.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 13:48]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Where is our club captain? on 13:48 - Dec 13 with 777 viewsMrTown

Where is our club captain? on 13:45 - Dec 13 by Ryorry

Have you read itfcjoe's posts? He's somebody who does actually know what he's talking about.

Good poster from what I’ve seen. Doesn’t mean he knows everything about everything though (just like myself)

Login to get fewer ads

Where is our club captain? on 13:48 - Dec 13 with 769 viewsitfcjoe

Where is our club captain? on 13:46 - Dec 13 by MrTown

I haven’t given either stick for performances this season, but the writing has been on the wall for them pair of them beyond this season. Chambers had a great start to the season until Blackpool where like the whole team has regressed.

The pair should have been moved out of the picture following relegation.

I really do know what I am talking about during the Hurst era, maybe it could be yourself that doesn’t know the full picture, I don’t know.

No one knows the full picture, but you’re miles off to suggest that they were the biggest problems. Hurst was out of his depth and had p155ed of two of our senior pros before they had even got back to training in Bart and Knudsen - and cost us a load of money in the process before you even look at his transfer dealings.

Where is our club captain? on 13:51 - Dec 13 with 747 viewsitfcjoe

Where is our club captain? on 13:47 - Dec 13 by jayessess

Not sure Chambers should get much more credit than anyone else defensively. Been at fault for as many goals as anyone else, including getting out-jumped and out-muscled by a winger for an aimless 40-yard punt into the air yesterday.

He doesn’t get much more credit, but he’s the only one that has been above expectations and generally been better than most. Regressed lately but Toto is woeful, Woolfie been a shadow of himself, McGuinness makes so many errors and Ward doesn’t have the legs to get up and down.

They aren’t helped by how the team is set up ahead of them though - but being made to look bad by a a manger who doesn’t give them a hope as we never score first

Where is our club captain? on 13:54 - Dec 13 with 725 viewsPJH

Where is our club captain? on 13:48 - Dec 13 by MrTown

Good poster from what I’ve seen. Doesn’t mean he knows everything about everything though (just like myself)

That gives me a decision to make now because do I give more credence to what Joe says or what you say?

You, to be fair, did break the news about Ian Milne being at The Salthouse AND you gave us the unforgettable 'Long live King Hurst' line

Difficult decision but I think that I will stick with Joe.
Where is our club captain? on 13:55 - Dec 13 with 720 viewsjayessess

Where is our club captain? on 13:51 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

He doesn’t get much more credit, but he’s the only one that has been above expectations and generally been better than most. Regressed lately but Toto is woeful, Woolfie been a shadow of himself, McGuinness makes so many errors and Ward doesn’t have the legs to get up and down.

They aren’t helped by how the team is set up ahead of them though - but being made to look bad by a a manger who doesn’t give them a hope as we never score first

Agreed, we're a shambles from back to front in terms of organisation. We look like a team whose tactics prep consists of reading out the team sheet and nothing else.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Where is our club captain? on 14:56 - Dec 13 with 658 viewsMrTown

Where is our club captain? on 13:54 - Dec 13 by PJH

That gives me a decision to make now because do I give more credence to what Joe says or what you say?

You, to be fair, did break the news about Ian Milne being at The Salthouse AND you gave us the unforgettable 'Long live King Hurst' line

I do have a short memory, so you’ll have to forgive me.

I can’t ever remember asking for your credence?

Where is our club captain? on 15:02 - Dec 13 with 640 viewsMrTown

Where is our club captain? on 13:48 - Dec 13 by itfcjoe

No one knows the full picture, but you’re miles off to suggest that they were the biggest problems. Hurst was out of his depth and had p155ed of two of our senior pros before they had even got back to training in Bart and Knudsen - and cost us a load of money in the process before you even look at his transfer dealings.

I know I’m not ‘miles off’ as to what happened under Hurst.

Hurst did some terrible terrible things during his tenure, as did Evans, as did the players, I’ve never said any were the singular biggest problem, so I’m not sure where you’ve pulled that from?

Where is our club captain? on 15:08 - Dec 13 with 630 viewsSpruceMoose

Where is our club captain? on 13:54 - Dec 13 by PJH

There was this magical thread too! Although to be fair, I think he might have had a few.

[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 15:10]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Where is our club captain? on 15:37 - Dec 13 with 583 viewsMrTown

Where is our club captain? on 15:08 - Dec 13 by SpruceMoose

There was this magical thread too! Although to be fair, I think he might have had a few.

[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 15:10]

[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 15:38]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024