Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Been got by one of the little hitlers... 19:19 - Jan 1 with 3793 viewshoppy

I came home last night from getting the weekly food shop, and there were no parking spaces near our house (made more difficult by one of the neighbours taking up 2 car spaces with 4 wheelie bins to keep it clear for a removals van) so I pulled up over the road on zig zag lines outside the school opposite. The sign states no stopping, Mon-Fri 8am-4.30pm, so I know I’m in the wrong for that.... but still, to get a parking ticket on New Year’s Day morning when the school isn’t even open... so annoying.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 10:38 - Jan 2 with 528 viewsSwansea_Blue

I didn’t have you down as a criminal mastermind Hoppy.

Fkers aren’t they?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 12:11 - Jan 2 with 509 viewshoppy

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 10:38 - Jan 2 by Swansea_Blue

I didn’t have you down as a criminal mastermind Hoppy.

Fkers aren’t they?

That’s right... I've gone completely off the rails, and started out on a life of crime... this is just the start of it... no more mr nice guy..

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 13:10 - Jan 2 with 495 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 12:11 - Jan 2 by hoppy

That’s right... I've gone completely off the rails, and started out on a life of crime... this is just the start of it... no more mr nice guy..

I've seen this happen before. It doesn't end well...

[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 13:11]
Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 16:02 - Jan 2 with 445 viewshoppy

Just sending an appeal in, to try and see if they might use their discretion in light of the context to cancel it on this occasion. I wished them a happy new year too to sign off - let's see if a human deals with it, or if I just get the autobot dismissing it...

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 16:07 - Jan 2 with 442 viewsEdwardStone

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 16:02 - Jan 2 by hoppy

Just sending an appeal in, to try and see if they might use their discretion in light of the context to cancel it on this occasion. I wished them a happy new year too to sign off - let's see if a human deals with it, or if I just get the autobot dismissing it...

Good Luck Mr Hoppy...appeal to their better nature

On a completely different tack...how's KJ doing?

Please send her my best wishes

And another random thought...any news/update about young Oliver?

Cheers
Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 12:34 - Jan 5 with 327 viewshoppy

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 16:07 - Jan 2 by EdwardStone

Good Luck Mr Hoppy...appeal to their better nature

On a completely different tack...how's KJ doing?

Please send her my best wishes

And another random thought...any news/update about young Oliver?

Cheers

Just received the rejection of my challenge...

"I am writing in response to your challenge, received on the 02 January 2021 to the above Penalty Charge Notice and after careful consideration of the circumstances have found no grounds for the cancellation of the charge.
Whilst I appreciate it can be very difficult to park at times it is your responsibility to always park legally.
Your vehicle had stopped in a restricted area outside a school. Days and times are indicated on the signs and the restrictions are in force all the time unless otherwise stated. The plate states ‘No stopping, Mon — Fri 8am to 4.30pm’ this would have to state except for school holidays or except for when school closed for the restriction not to apply. "

So basically, I should've just pissed the neighbours off and moved their wheelie bins so their removal van wouldn't be able to get in front of their house. Like I said on another reply.... no more mr nice guy...

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 12:35 - Jan 5 with 326 viewshoppy

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 13:10 - Jan 2 by ArnoldMoorhen

I've seen this happen before. It doesn't end well...

[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 13:11]

Off to buy myself a nice briefcase now. I class it as 'essential' so it's alright...

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 12:44 - Jan 5 with 310 viewsPinewoodblue

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 12:34 - Jan 5 by hoppy

Just received the rejection of my challenge...

"I am writing in response to your challenge, received on the 02 January 2021 to the above Penalty Charge Notice and after careful consideration of the circumstances have found no grounds for the cancellation of the charge.
Whilst I appreciate it can be very difficult to park at times it is your responsibility to always park legally.
Your vehicle had stopped in a restricted area outside a school. Days and times are indicated on the signs and the restrictions are in force all the time unless otherwise stated. The plate states ‘No stopping, Mon — Fri 8am to 4.30pm’ this would have to state except for school holidays or except for when school closed for the restriction not to apply. "

So basically, I should've just pissed the neighbours off and moved their wheelie bins so their removal van wouldn't be able to get in front of their house. Like I said on another reply.... no more mr nice guy...

Sorry to hear that guess you found an even bigger jobs worth than the one who issued the ticket.

Bottom line is the restriction is in place when it isn’t necessary simply because if the order excluded bank holidays it would have to be shown on the signage.

I would send copies of your correspondence to your local councilor and ask him/her what they think.

You will however need to pay up within the 14 days to be in the safe side.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 12:49 - Jan 5 with 304 viewshoppy

Been got by one of the little hitlers... on 12:44 - Jan 5 by Pinewoodblue

Sorry to hear that guess you found an even bigger jobs worth than the one who issued the ticket.

Bottom line is the restriction is in place when it isn’t necessary simply because if the order excluded bank holidays it would have to be shown on the signage.

I would send copies of your correspondence to your local councilor and ask him/her what they think.

You will however need to pay up within the 14 days to be in the safe side.

Thanks. I think I'll have to suck this one up... and they're not likely to change the signage - it was only installed sometime around July/August 2020. They'd had the zig zag lines there a while, but without any upright signage, those were un-enforceable anyway previously.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024