Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinan 17:10 - Jan 18 with 1266 viewsHullblue

Watching the highlights reminded me that he was one of the few positives on Saturday. Was so unlucky not to score.

Think many on here were too harsh on him after the Swindon game. Not saying he’s ever going to set the world alight, but he looks a decent option at this level when fit, imo.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Drinan on 17:25 - Jan 18 with 1202 viewspointofblue

To be fair, they were all awful against Swindon.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Drinan on 18:06 - Jan 18 with 1103 viewsOsborneOneNil

Drinan on 17:25 - Jan 18 by pointofblue

To be fair, they were all awful against Swindon.

I thought Drinan looked a Conference South standard player v Swindon.

Nice to hear he showed up better v Burton.
Drinan on 18:09 - Jan 18 with 1089 viewsDarth_Koont

I was desperate for him to score on Saturday. Because while he’s not a clinical player he’s certainly been a bit unlucky so far this season and could have had a couple easily.

But I like him. He’s a decent jack of all trades, master of none but think if he found his feet then he could flourish. Just like Daryl Murphy, another lanky Irish all-round attacker who didn’t find his way until much later in his career.

Pronouns: He/Him

Drinan on 18:11 - Jan 18 with 1072 viewscatch74

Drinan on 18:09 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

I was desperate for him to score on Saturday. Because while he’s not a clinical player he’s certainly been a bit unlucky so far this season and could have had a couple easily.

But I like him. He’s a decent jack of all trades, master of none but think if he found his feet then he could flourish. Just like Daryl Murphy, another lanky Irish all-round attacker who didn’t find his way until much later in his career.

Think in MM’s time Drinan was referred to as a young Murphy.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Drinan on 18:28 - Jan 18 with 999 viewsDarth_Koont

Drinan on 18:11 - Jan 18 by catch74

Think in MM’s time Drinan was referred to as a young Murphy.

Makes a lot of sense. And perhaps like Murphy, Drinan’s path into the team is rampaging down the flank for a bit?

Must admit, I like the idea of having a front three from Drinan, Norwood, Hawkins, Edwards and Jackson and just dispensing with the idea that we can have an attacking midfielder trying to float in the gaps. I don’t think it’s ever worked for us.

Better to have them battering away up front and then bring on Dobra, Lankester or El Mizouni for the last half hour to try something else against a tiring defence or just pour salt into the wounds.

At the risk of sounding like Mick ... this is League One. If we get the ball up the pitch to a front three who can take care of themselves, and with a bit of tempo, then we’ll make things happen. Even if it’s forcing a mistake or picking up the second ball.

And I don’t believe for a minute it will be as predictable or generally ineffective as our slow, stuttering and static build-up play that seems to expose us more than the opposition when we inevitably get caught out.

Pronouns: He/Him

Drinan on 18:39 - Jan 18 with 971 viewscatch74

Drinan on 18:28 - Jan 18 by Darth_Koont

Makes a lot of sense. And perhaps like Murphy, Drinan’s path into the team is rampaging down the flank for a bit?

Must admit, I like the idea of having a front three from Drinan, Norwood, Hawkins, Edwards and Jackson and just dispensing with the idea that we can have an attacking midfielder trying to float in the gaps. I don’t think it’s ever worked for us.

Better to have them battering away up front and then bring on Dobra, Lankester or El Mizouni for the last half hour to try something else against a tiring defence or just pour salt into the wounds.

At the risk of sounding like Mick ... this is League One. If we get the ball up the pitch to a front three who can take care of themselves, and with a bit of tempo, then we’ll make things happen. Even if it’s forcing a mistake or picking up the second ball.

And I don’t believe for a minute it will be as predictable or generally ineffective as our slow, stuttering and static build-up play that seems to expose us more than the opposition when we inevitably get caught out.

I can’t see why not, we nearly went there with Hawkins and Drinan on Saturday.
There had to be an element of flexibility, work on whatever Lambert is trying to do for the majority of time but play around when chasing games etc. Mick was right, it’s a results game, everyone loved him in our play off year.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Drinan on 19:37 - Jan 18 with 851 viewsIllinoisblue

Hope he comes good but looks a way off.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Drinan on 08:28 - Jan 19 with 627 viewsJammyDodgerrr

He's probably our best striker after Norwood with the way we ply at the minute, but he really needs a goal. Got to get that off his back.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Login to get fewer ads

Drinan on 10:12 - Jan 19 with 528 viewsbilllm

Drinan on 19:37 - Jan 18 by Illinoisblue

Hope he comes good but looks a way off.

I think if he played in a 2 he'd score a few, also he would bring others in quickly he has good feet,
Drinan on 10:16 - Jan 19 with 509 viewsclive_baker

When you see Drinan and Norwood in the same game, as we have recently, it really does highlight the stark difference in quality, movement, goal threat, savvy street wise running and game play.

Not knocking Drinan but he's absolutely miles short of being at that level. Nice to see him get some opportunities for his development, but if we're serious about going up I would hope we see more of Norwood and Jackson and less of Drinan.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Drinan on 10:19 - Jan 19 with 490 viewsOsborneOneNil

Drinan on 10:16 - Jan 19 by clive_baker

When you see Drinan and Norwood in the same game, as we have recently, it really does highlight the stark difference in quality, movement, goal threat, savvy street wise running and game play.

Not knocking Drinan but he's absolutely miles short of being at that level. Nice to see him get some opportunities for his development, but if we're serious about going up I would hope we see more of Norwood and Jackson and less of Drinan.

Totally agree.
Drinan on 10:21 - Jan 19 with 485 viewshype313

Drinan on 10:16 - Jan 19 by clive_baker

Given the amount of strikers we have, and the fact that we have Norwood, Hawkins and Drinan all of a similar mold, it would make sense to loan Drinan out to a League 2 club for the remainder of the season to give him some decent experience.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024