Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Still More Brexit Chaos 19:36 - Jan 20 with 3265 viewsBasuco

All part of the wonder deal negotiated by Boris Johnson.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55735980
But at least it is happy sovereign British rotten pork.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2021 19:37]
Still More Brexit Chaos on 10:33 - Jan 21 with 456 viewsBlueBadger

Still More Brexit Chaos on 09:55 - Jan 21 by Bangor31

This is a classic lockdown thread.

Starts with a relatively meh post about teething issues in the mechanics of exporting into a "new" market. The British exporter and the EU importer need to make sure that the forms are being filled in accurately and to what the boarder force expect. I for one have not yet had anything turned around but I'll be shocked if it doesn't happen at some point in the coming months / year.

It's annoying, more annoying as one used to be able to do this trade with little effort. The lesson this butcher will learn is that these forms are now gold and in the future it will open him up to other markets as he'll have the experience to be able to handle it.

The crux of this is, the people who are annoyed about this new era are the ones who weren't overly entrepreneurial and enjoyed the protectionism that the EU offered.

From a meat standpoint the EU, Egypt, USA, Russia, and Canada are all in the top 10 for importing meat. Mexico is 11th. China's largest import for beef comes from Brazil (1 day 6hr flight 4 weeks by ship). We can ship to the US and Canada in 10-30 days and we know how short the EU and Russia are when boarders run smoothly. it's gonna take time and some thinking about where your best market is and how best to make it work.

If we as a country fail it not because of the deal (which I agree leaves a lot to be desired) but because we as a producing nation could find a way to be competitive.

So what you're saying is that these people who've been exporting meat for years and voted 'leave' should Get Behind Their Country?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Still More Brexit Chaos on 10:35 - Jan 21 with 445 viewsBlueBadger

Still More Brexit Chaos on 10:02 - Jan 21 by Bangor31

the government doesn't run business, their trade deals can definitely help but its not the thing that makes you competitive or not.

if all you do is rely on government good luck as I'm sure you'd agree with me that they aren't the most competent bunch.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 10:03]

So, let me get this straight. It's exporters' fault that the government are incompetent and that their decisions will likely cause them serious harm?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Still More Brexit Chaos on 11:05 - Jan 21 with 408 viewsm14_blue

Still More Brexit Chaos on 10:35 - Jan 21 by BlueBadger

So, let me get this straight. It's exporters' fault that the government are incompetent and that their decisions will likely cause them serious harm?

They’re just not entrepreneurial enough.
Still More Brexit Chaos on 13:05 - Jan 21 with 388 viewsHerbivore

Still More Brexit Chaos on 10:02 - Jan 21 by Bangor31

the government doesn't run business, their trade deals can definitely help but its not the thing that makes you competitive or not.

if all you do is rely on government good luck as I'm sure you'd agree with me that they aren't the most competent bunch.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 10:03]

Given that the people in charge at the minute are the same people making promises in 2016 that nothing would really change in trading with the EU, you can kind of understand how they might be a bit miffed when, with about a week's notice, there's suddenly loads more paperwork and additional costs involved.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Still More Brexit Chaos on 13:14 - Jan 21 with 367 viewsEwan_Oozami

Still More Brexit Chaos on 23:45 - Jan 20 by Iwasthere

You are the most tedious unmannered yob on this forum. Thank goodness my education gave me a more dignified outlook on life than your blinkered negative one.
Just go in the corner and apologise for all the unwarranted insults you hand out - YOU DUNCE.

DO YOU LIKE BATTENBERG?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Still More Brexit Chaos on 14:19 - Jan 21 with 338 viewsBangor31

Still More Brexit Chaos on 13:05 - Jan 21 by Herbivore

Given that the people in charge at the minute are the same people making promises in 2016 that nothing would really change in trading with the EU, you can kind of understand how they might be a bit miffed when, with about a week's notice, there's suddenly loads more paperwork and additional costs involved.

I think I acknowledged that its annoying in the 2nd para. I'd defiantly feel let down by the deal we got too but there are ways around it and I'm sure this butcher will be making sure that all the docs are compliant next time around.

I have got away with my 2 trades so far but I don't know if I'm doing it perfectly or if I'm dodging the bullet so to speak. Until I get it wrong I wont really know. Have to say I don't do a lot of trade with the EU so it is a less stressful situation for me than many others.
Still More Brexit Chaos on 15:12 - Jan 21 with 324 viewsHerbivore

Still More Brexit Chaos on 14:19 - Jan 21 by Bangor31

I think I acknowledged that its annoying in the 2nd para. I'd defiantly feel let down by the deal we got too but there are ways around it and I'm sure this butcher will be making sure that all the docs are compliant next time around.

I have got away with my 2 trades so far but I don't know if I'm doing it perfectly or if I'm dodging the bullet so to speak. Until I get it wrong I wont really know. Have to say I don't do a lot of trade with the EU so it is a less stressful situation for me than many others.

Yeah, grrr, all this red tape and additional cost that we were promised wouldn't exist is a bit annoying isn't it? Grrr.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024