Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Budgies 13:14 - Jan 21 with 3076 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Whenever able to do so post-lockdown, the budgies are starting regional development centres based in Ipswich for U6-U15 players with aims to link with an Ipswich-based college to compete with ITFC and take some of the local talent on before we do.
Budgies on 13:18 - Jan 21 with 3030 viewsbrazil1982

Should be boycotted. Ridiculous.
Budgies on 13:23 - Jan 21 with 3001 viewsTJS

They can open a regional centre in Ipswich if they like.
I wouldn't think it would be a great look for an Ipswich-based college to be in on it though.
Budgies on 13:35 - Jan 21 with 2917 viewsMattinLondon

It’s all rather depressing isn’t it.

I simply cannot see how we can expect any kind of improvement- on the pitch as well as off it - with Marcus Evans in charge.
Budgies on 13:42 - Jan 21 with 2886 viewsTJS

Budgies on 13:35 - Jan 21 by MattinLondon

It’s all rather depressing isn’t it.

I simply cannot see how we can expect any kind of improvement- on the pitch as well as off it - with Marcus Evans in charge.

We just need to appoint a decent manager for once.
Perhaps Marcus Evans will finally get lucky next time (because he has very little judgement).
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 13:43]
Budgies on 13:44 - Jan 21 with 2878 viewsghostofescobar

My nephew has worked for both Norwich and Ipswich on the youth development side, and he says that Norwich are way, way ahead of us in their whole set up.

GhostOfEscobar

Budgies on 13:44 - Jan 21 with 2866 viewsMattinLondon

Budgies on 13:42 - Jan 21 by TJS

Perhaps Marcus Evans will finally get lucky next time (because he has very little judgement).

True, but Evans has overseen years of rot. He controls the budget he simply has no idea whatsoever.
Budgies on 13:45 - Jan 21 with 2863 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Budgies on 13:23 - Jan 21 by TJS

They can open a regional centre in Ipswich if they like.
I wouldn't think it would be a great look for an Ipswich-based college to be in on it though.

Nothing wrong with them opening the centre, although I don't agree with Under 6 players being scouted. But 100% an Ipswich-based college should reject the deal.

It's all Premier League funded too, so it's not even like it would affect them financially!
Budgies on 13:52 - Jan 21 with 2824 viewsgainsboroughblue

It's finished really isn't it. In the space of a decade and a half, we have gone from clubs on an equal footing (arguably in our favour) to there being an absolute chasm and a half between us. One man has overseen this sea change in this time.

The fact that this is happening is an insult to fans and the legends that have represented us.

Ourselves and Norwich are going to be seen as a Liverpool/Tranmere type relationship very soon if it isn't already.

What an absolute f****** state of affairs.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Budgies on 14:14 - Jan 21 with 2748 viewsIllinoisblue

Budgies on 13:52 - Jan 21 by gainsboroughblue

It's finished really isn't it. In the space of a decade and a half, we have gone from clubs on an equal footing (arguably in our favour) to there being an absolute chasm and a half between us. One man has overseen this sea change in this time.

The fact that this is happening is an insult to fans and the legends that have represented us.

Ourselves and Norwich are going to be seen as a Liverpool/Tranmere type relationship very soon if it isn't already.

What an absolute f****** state of affairs.

It all starts with the defeatist attitude running through the club. Evans always moaning about how unfair life is at this level, and even back to Mick saying Ipswich is in the middle of nowhere and moaning about long coach trips.

Feck all of that, how about having a can-do, let’s facking ave it attitude at the club for a change. ITFC is like a little brat right now, moaning about everything but doing nothing to change it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Budgies on 14:25 - Jan 21 with 2698 viewsRadlett_blue

Budgies on 13:44 - Jan 21 by ghostofescobar

My nephew has worked for both Norwich and Ipswich on the youth development side, and he says that Norwich are way, way ahead of us in their whole set up.

This may have been one of the things Lambert was referring to when he said the problems at Ipswich ran very deep. I guess that will be down to having managers who were entirely focused on the first team plus football numpties like Clegg & Milne in overall charge.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Budgies on 14:44 - Jan 21 with 2644 viewsArnieM

Not boycotted but burned to ground . That outta do it 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Budgies on 14:48 - Jan 21 with 2633 viewsArnieM

Budgies on 14:25 - Jan 21 by Radlett_blue

This may have been one of the things Lambert was referring to when he said the problems at Ipswich ran very deep. I guess that will be down to having managers who were entirely focused on the first team plus football numpties like Clegg & Milne in overall charge.

To be fair Hurst identified that very problem with a few weeks of getting here ..... senior pros didn’t like his direct , authoritative approach . The games gone soft , and definitely ruined by Sky money .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Budgies on 15:17 - Jan 21 with 2544 viewsdavblue

Budgies on 13:42 - Jan 21 by TJS

We do but we need much more than that.

We need someone off the pitch to strive for the best for the club put in the right infrastructure at the club.

You are deluded if you think it's just a new manager we need.
Budgies on 17:03 - Jan 21 with 2256 viewsTJS

Budgies on 14:14 - Jan 21 by Illinoisblue

It all starts with the defeatist attitude running through the club. Evans always moaning about how unfair life is at this level, and even back to Mick saying Ipswich is in the middle of nowhere and moaning about long coach trips.

Feck all of that, how about having a can-do, let’s facking ave it attitude at the club for a change. ITFC is like a little brat right now, moaning about everything but doing nothing to change it.

You know what - I think your're spot on.
In fact I often think this is by far the biggest problem at our club at the moment.
Budgies on 17:18 - Jan 21 with 2197 viewsVaughan8

My nephew got asked to train with both.

Ipswich organisation and arranging things etc was awful.

Norwich's was good.

I'll let you work out which one him and his parents preferred....!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024