Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quandary 15:14 - Mar 1 with 1254 viewsreadtheleaguetable

So who thinks there isn’t actually a takeover deal in the offing, or at least not “imminent”?
And who thinks there is no actual manager appointment lined up, at least not enough for “def info”?

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

Quandary on 15:15 - Mar 1 with 1235 viewsWeirdFishes

Lee O’Neill

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Quandary on 15:16 - Mar 1 with 1221 viewswkj

The new manager I think will be relatively quick - Evans starts discussions with people before firing the manager. As for the takeover, a lot of the evidence is compelling - but cautious optimism remains my stance.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Quandary on 16:54 - Mar 1 with 1093 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Nick Ames still thinks a deal is imminent on twitter

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Quandary on 17:01 - Mar 1 with 1021 viewsMonkeyAlan

There is no deal. It's being media lead. There were mutterings but that was it.
Quandary on 17:08 - Mar 1 with 991 viewsCoastalblue

Quandary on 17:01 - Mar 1 by MonkeyAlan

There is no deal. It's being media lead. There were mutterings but that was it.

You have no idea do you? You're just following your agenda on here in the hope you might be right and then can crow about it afterward.

How can you be so definitive about something you know absolutely nothing about? In a former life you would have been a flat earther, possibly still are.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Quandary on 17:15 - Mar 1 with 966 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think there is too much press certainty for Cook to be anything other than imminent.

There also seems a lot of certainty abut the take over.

I just concerns me a little that, like the Batistuta transfer, we might end up with something more Adrian Paz in terms of it not quite being Phoenix Rising mark 2. I guess if it brings Tarrico mark 2 into the club we should be thankful for that.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Quandary on 17:23 - Mar 1 with 917 viewsmonty_radio

Who thinks there's nothing in it? People with usernames like: "I told you so"; Finger on the Pulse" and "Tell it like it is".

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Quandary on 17:35 - Mar 1 with 864 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Quandary on 17:08 - Mar 1 by Coastalblue

You have no idea do you? You're just following your agenda on here in the hope you might be right and then can crow about it afterward.

How can you be so definitive about something you know absolutely nothing about? In a former life you would have been a flat earther, possibly still are.

What I find odd is that we are being told that Evans is seeking to appoint a manager whilst, at the same time, he will no longer be owner within weeks (or even days).

Is he seeking to appoint said manage without any input by the new regime? Maybe that is why O'Neill is talking up Gill's prospects. Leave him in 'temporary' charge until the new owners have their feet under the table.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Login to get fewer ads

Quandary on 18:00 - Mar 1 with 810 viewsJimmyJazz

Quandary on 17:35 - Mar 1 by Tangledupin_Blue

What I find odd is that we are being told that Evans is seeking to appoint a manager whilst, at the same time, he will no longer be owner within weeks (or even days).

Is he seeking to appoint said manage without any input by the new regime? Maybe that is why O'Neill is talking up Gill's prospects. Leave him in 'temporary' charge until the new owners have their feet under the table.

I agree, but also why is ME firing the manager and therefore having to pay compensation, if a deal is imminent and it would become someone else's problem / expense?

Either

A the deal is imminent and the new owners have said they want PC in ASAP while the final details are sorted
B the deal is nowhere near imminent but ME realised if PL remained the takeover interest may cool if we start losing again
C Some other explanation

I know the rumours were that Cook was seen as part of the takeover, but what if we hire a manager and the new owners want someone else? Stick with Gill/Klug as the interim option?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 18:01]

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Quandary on 18:30 - Mar 1 with 739 viewsWeWereZombies

If the consortium are only prepared to offer £17.5 million and Evans is holding out for at least forty million pounds then the gap may prove impossible to bridge. Or Evans could just be using the Americans to chivy up other bids.

It would be odd to leave caretaker managers in post for the remainder of the season when there is a good chance of getting into the play offs, but there again it also seems odd to change manager at this point in time too. Skimming through the Lee O'Neill interview there seems to be no acrimony towards Lambert and it looks more and more like he had just had enough and walked. I doubt we will remember Lambert with the same affection that many of us feel for Joe Royle but it does seem to echo that final meeting with Sheepshanks where Joe Royle says he talked himself out of a job.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024