Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee O'Neil 12:41 - Mar 2 with 800 viewsBlueBlood90

What's the point of him? What does he actually do?

Looking back at his comments during his interview yesterday is just bizarre.

He acted completely clueless to every question thrown at him. He either genuinely doesn't know the answers to anything, which makes him useless to interview, or he isn't telling the truth and that would make him even more useless to interview.

Does anyone know what he actually does around the place?

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Lee O'Neil on 12:44 - Mar 2 with 766 viewsPositivelyPortman

During the season he unblocks the urinals I understand.
The roof tree is his first job next Monday morning.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Lee O'Neil on 12:47 - Mar 2 with 745 viewsChurchman

Lee O'Neil on 12:44 - Mar 2 by PositivelyPortman

During the season he unblocks the urinals I understand.
The roof tree is his first job next Monday morning.

Didn’t he paint the portacabin? Man of many talents
Lee O'Neil on 12:48 - Mar 2 with 735 viewspatrickswell

In fairness to him, we should remember that what he does is not what he was initially taken on to do.
Lee O'Neil on 12:51 - Mar 2 with 714 viewsBlueBlood90

Lee O'Neil on 12:48 - Mar 2 by patrickswell

In fairness to him, we should remember that what he does is not what he was initially taken on to do.

I do understand that this wasn't his original job but I still honestly don't know what the guy is supposed to be doing on a day to day basis at the club.

Every interview I've seen him take are just utterly pointless.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Lee O'Neil on 12:58 - Mar 2 with 682 viewsGuthrum

Lee O'Neil on 12:51 - Mar 2 by BlueBlood90

I do understand that this wasn't his original job but I still honestly don't know what the guy is supposed to be doing on a day to day basis at the club.

Every interview I've seen him take are just utterly pointless.

"Club Spokesman" is a relatively small part of his role, as opposed to running stuff and liaison. It's just that is the only bit you get to see.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Lee O'Neil on 13:21 - Mar 2 with 637 viewsITFCMonk

https://www.linkedin.com/in/lee-o-neill-7aa24869
Lee O'Neil on 13:27 - Mar 2 with 603 viewsMattinLondon

By all accounts he does a lot of work around the club and gets zero appreciation -either by people who want to belittle him or from Evans (and Lambert) who uses him as a human shield.

I have no idea how good or not he is but he gets a lot of abuse for things which are not his fault.
Lee O'Neil on 13:30 - Mar 2 with 583 viewsDanTheMan

Lee O'Neil on 13:27 - Mar 2 by MattinLondon

By all accounts he does a lot of work around the club and gets zero appreciation -either by people who want to belittle him or from Evans (and Lambert) who uses him as a human shield.

I have no idea how good or not he is but he gets a lot of abuse for things which are not his fault.

Also I believe he's doing about 5 jobs at the moment which can't help.

It obviously shows in his interviews he's had no form of media training and doesn't really know how to handle it well naturally.

I do feel for him, because he doesn't come across well.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Lee O'Neil on 13:35 - Mar 2 with 573 viewsParmigiano

He was probably just being very careful to not spill any beans before any official announcement was made by the club. Plus he also has to be really careful when talking about staff as some will be staying on from Lambert's reign for at least the foreseeable, but then who's to say Cook won't want a reshuffle once the takeover is hopefully completed? LON would look a bit silly if he gives any staff or players his full backing and then a few weeks later they're out.

I do agree though that he could have tried to come across a little less 'clueless'. I think if he'd gone with "discussions are ongoing on various aspects and things will become clearer in the coming days" it would have been easier for people to accept that he's just trying to allow the club to release the information officially and in its own time.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 13:37]
Lee O'Neil on 13:42 - Mar 2 with 538 viewspeterleeblue

Lee O'Neil on 13:35 - Mar 2 by Parmigiano

He was probably just being very careful to not spill any beans before any official announcement was made by the club. Plus he also has to be really careful when talking about staff as some will be staying on from Lambert's reign for at least the foreseeable, but then who's to say Cook won't want a reshuffle once the takeover is hopefully completed? LON would look a bit silly if he gives any staff or players his full backing and then a few weeks later they're out.

I do agree though that he could have tried to come across a little less 'clueless'. I think if he'd gone with "discussions are ongoing on various aspects and things will become clearer in the coming days" it would have been easier for people to accept that he's just trying to allow the club to release the information officially and in its own time.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2021 13:37]

The interview yesterday was another unnecessary insult to Ipswich fans intelligence
With Cook appt imminent he would have been better off not doing the Press Conf and letting the statement about Gill and Klug taking the team for Accrington do its job and letting matters take their own course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024