Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This may not be very popular 21:39 - Mar 3 with 7797 viewsnodge_blue

But I thought that was a great email from Evans.

He set out how he continues to financially prop up the club even through covid. He has appointed a new manager. He's doing stuff to the ground. And he won't sell us out to anybody for the sake of it.

fair play to him.

Yes he's failed on the pitch and that is huge. But with this manager in place hopefully we can success regardless of whether its Evans or this American consortium behind it.

And lets not overlook that the consortium, whilst fresh and keen, would by the sounds of it be loading us up with debt that has to be paid back.

So Im not disappointed or pleased if the take over happens. The important think was getting rid of Lambert.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2021 21:39]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

This may not be very popular on 14:34 - Mar 4 with 436 viewsMonkeyAlan

This may not be very popular on 14:24 - Mar 4 by braveblue

It was a long statement that said little. At the end of the day he has been in control during the worst period in our history and has taken us steadily down almost every year. He is a disaster. I pray he goes quickly but I doubt it.

I'm with you on this. But l fear he is here to stay. I think the offer is there to sell, but not enough for him to budge. He doesn't appear to be losing as much money as we thought. I think he will sit tight. Won't do us any good but he seems quite happy.
Phil, can we have some clarity on the sums ME has put in? on 14:40 - Mar 4 with 435 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Phil, can we have some clarity on the sums ME has put in? on 13:31 - Mar 4 by HighgateBlue

Sure, debt can be accrued in many ways. Similarly, an owner can improve the asset position of his company in many ways, rather than merely by injecting cash. It may be right that ME put only £585k in the particular year that you choose, but I would say that we cannot know that for sure - only that the net financing position in that year in cash terms was £585k.

I agree that the money has been used poorly and I agree that ITFC being brought to our lowest point since the 1950s must not be ignored.

But in assessing Evans' contribution, it is essential to determine how much money he has put into the club, and I don't think its robust just to look at the cashflow position. Equally, it's not especially fair only to look at five years in the past, which aren't even the last five financial years (albeit they are the last ones for which we have published accounts).

"It may be right that ME put only £585k in the particular year that you choose, but I would say that we cannot know that for sure - only that the net financing position in that year in cash terms was £585k."

Not sure what you are attempting to say. The accounts can't be believed? Net cash from financing of £585k is there in black and white. What do you think it means?

But in assessing Evans' contribution, it is essential to determine how much money he has put into the club, and I don't think its robust just to look at the cashflow position. Equally, it's not especially fair only to look at five years in the past, which aren't even the last five financial years (albeit they are the last ones for which we have published accounts).

How else would you suggest ascertaining how much money he put in than the cashflow statements from the audited accounts that are produced for that very reason?

I would argue that it can only be fair to take figures from the last 5 years. Which other 5 years would you like? If you want to take his whole tenure at the club into account, that would produce an average cash injection of £4.5m p.a., but gives no reflection on what his true aim is today (spend as little as possible) because that includes years where he left his wallet open for Magilton and Keane to go shopping. When was the last time he did that?

Sorry you don't like it, but Evans is attempting to tread water, but failing to do even that.
Phil, can we have some clarity on the sums ME has put in? on 14:56 - Mar 4 with 423 viewsChurchman

Phil, can we have some clarity on the sums ME has put in? on 14:40 - Mar 4 by FrankfurtBlue

"It may be right that ME put only £585k in the particular year that you choose, but I would say that we cannot know that for sure - only that the net financing position in that year in cash terms was £585k."

Not sure what you are attempting to say. The accounts can't be believed? Net cash from financing of £585k is there in black and white. What do you think it means?

How else would you suggest ascertaining how much money he put in than the cashflow statements from the audited accounts that are produced for that very reason?

I would argue that it can only be fair to take figures from the last 5 years. Which other 5 years would you like? If you want to take his whole tenure at the club into account, that would produce an average cash injection of £4.5m p.a., but gives no reflection on what his true aim is today (spend as little as possible) because that includes years where he left his wallet open for Magilton and Keane to go shopping. When was the last time he did that?

Sorry you don't like it, but Evans is attempting to tread water, but failing to do even that.

I doubt anyone but Evans’ accountants know what the true cost after debt write downs etc to MEG has been, but I’d be surprised Whatever Evans has put into the club I doubt he is having to shop at Aldi rather than Waitrose.

The bottom line is where is this club now against its former peers? How many clubs have performed worse over the past 13 years? Going forward, what is the state of the club from its playing staff to infrastructure and what hope is there for the future under Evans?
This may not be very popular on 17:05 - Mar 4 with 390 viewsnodge_blue

This may not be very popular on 10:03 - Mar 4 by MonkeyAlan

I'm with you, lm just saying he knows how gullible some of our fans are.

“On speaking to Marcus Evans it was quite clear that his passion for Ipswich Town was very, very, very strong and he’s desperate to take it back to where we all want it to go."

"The conversations with Marcus have been great, they were excellent, they were positive.

“When you don’t know people you don’t know them. Obviously I’d heard a lot about Marcus Evans. But his passion for Ipswich Town just shone through. It was really, really refreshing to hear it.

Do you think the new manager is gullible too?

This may not be very popular on 17:07 - Mar 4 with 386 viewsJ2BLUE

This may not be very popular on 17:05 - Mar 4 by nodge_blue

“On speaking to Marcus Evans it was quite clear that his passion for Ipswich Town was very, very, very strong and he’s desperate to take it back to where we all want it to go."

"The conversations with Marcus have been great, they were excellent, they were positive.

“When you don’t know people you don’t know them. Obviously I’d heard a lot about Marcus Evans. But his passion for Ipswich Town just shone through. It was really, really refreshing to hear it.

Do you think the new manager is gullible too?

What else is he going to say? Evans is currently the owner and will be remaining as at least part owner.

I'm really pleased the current owner is good enough for you. Maybe when we're in league two you'll be able to look back and think thank god we didn't take any risks.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This may not be very popular on 17:12 - Mar 4 with 380 viewsnodge_blue

This may not be very popular on 17:07 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

What else is he going to say? Evans is currently the owner and will be remaining as at least part owner.

I'm really pleased the current owner is good enough for you. Maybe when we're in league two you'll be able to look back and think thank god we didn't take any risks.

I didnt say that the owner was good enough for me.

I just think some of the Evans can do one stuff is not particularly informed or considered.

Its like he is the devil that has run our club down.

No. He's an owner thats made a bunch of poor decisions and lost his appetite for pushing the boat out financially.

And also no one seems to say how the new proposed ownership isn't going to put us more financially in trouble barring promotion to the PL. Which is remote.

This may not be very popular on 17:29 - Mar 4 with 367 viewsJ2BLUE

This may not be very popular on 17:12 - Mar 4 by nodge_blue

I didnt say that the owner was good enough for me.

I just think some of the Evans can do one stuff is not particularly informed or considered.

Its like he is the devil that has run our club down.

No. He's an owner thats made a bunch of poor decisions and lost his appetite for pushing the boat out financially.

And also no one seems to say how the new proposed ownership isn't going to put us more financially in trouble barring promotion to the PL. Which is remote.

Precisely. He's not the devil but he is an incredibly negative influence.

We can only go by what we know and that is that they want to get us up the leagues and sell us on. Which requires success. We have seen from Evans that if you don't succeed the club can't be sold with the debt. There's a chance they could let us go into admin and into oblivion but I just can't see it with the people involved who seem to take real pride in their investments.

We have seen what happens under Evans. We are on a one way path with him as the owner. The club NEEDS this takeover.

Truly impaired.

This may not be very popular on 17:35 - Mar 4 with 363 viewsnodge_blue

This may not be very popular on 17:29 - Mar 4 by J2BLUE

Precisely. He's not the devil but he is an incredibly negative influence.

We can only go by what we know and that is that they want to get us up the leagues and sell us on. Which requires success. We have seen from Evans that if you don't succeed the club can't be sold with the debt. There's a chance they could let us go into admin and into oblivion but I just can't see it with the people involved who seem to take real pride in their investments.

We have seen what happens under Evans. We are on a one way path with him as the owner. The club NEEDS this takeover.

Well time will tell. Im not stressing one way or the other.

But I think theres a more than evens chance that the debt loaded onto the club by a consortium of unknowns isn't going to be a sure fire path to success.

Wigan etc are examples of clubs that have suffered badly.

We just want change cos where we are is sh1t but it shouldn't be at all costs. And I do believe Evans is genuine in that he wants the best for us.

Login to get fewer ads

This may not be very popular on 17:37 - Mar 4 with 357 viewsJ2BLUE

This may not be very popular on 17:35 - Mar 4 by nodge_blue

Well time will tell. Im not stressing one way or the other.

But I think theres a more than evens chance that the debt loaded onto the club by a consortium of unknowns isn't going to be a sure fire path to success.

Wigan etc are examples of clubs that have suffered badly.

We just want change cos where we are is sh1t but it shouldn't be at all costs. And I do believe Evans is genuine in that he wants the best for us.

There is no sure fire path to success. That's the problem. People would be equally dubious of any takeover.

Agree Evans wants the best for the club. No doubt. Sadly it's come to the stage where him leaving and calling off the debt is how he can most help us. If he does that then history will remember him much more fondly and i'd happily shake his hand and wish him well.

Truly impaired.

This may not be very popular on 07:43 - Mar 5 with 309 viewsdissboy2

This may not be very popular on 08:09 - Mar 4 by DanTheMan

Well it took me a good twenty minutes but this is the one I remember.

Well, I like him by textbackup 25 Apr 2018 12:30
Like what he had to say, seems to know his stuff, and he hasn’t bullsht at all.

That’s all I, we, have wanted for years, there’s nothing there we didn’t know, but he’s spoken.

I’m back on board

UPPA FCKIN TOWEN

I've now read through that thread, it's pretty funny given what was to come.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2021 8:15]

good job, thanks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024