Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Arts 23:05 - Mar 6 with 1161 viewsjeera

Lucan, Catchers and co:

https://www.radiotimes.com/film/mp4nbp/white-riot/

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sky Arts on 23:18 - Mar 6 with 1116 viewsGodzilla

Sky Arts on 00:02 - Mar 7 with 1076 viewscatch74

I’m going to have to catch up with that one - cheers Jeera.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Sky Arts on 01:07 - Mar 7 with 1057 viewsjeera

Sky Arts on 00:02 - Mar 7 by catch74

I’m going to have to catch up with that one - cheers Jeera.

Not exactly packed solid with music but was a healthy reminder of the times and the climate behind the music.

Had BBC4 on since pretty much. Been a bit of Talking Heads and now Siouxsie.

Dunno where I'd be without these 2 channels atm!

Been some excellent stuff on.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sky Arts on 08:33 - Mar 7 with 993 viewsCoastalblue

Sky Arts on 01:07 - Mar 7 by jeera

Not exactly packed solid with music but was a healthy reminder of the times and the climate behind the music.

Had BBC4 on since pretty much. Been a bit of Talking Heads and now Siouxsie.

Dunno where I'd be without these 2 channels atm!

Been some excellent stuff on.

It's probably the one channel I really miss since having a Sky subscription. I'm a bit of a new romantic/synth pop/soul boy kind of guy but do have fairly eclectic tastes and there was always something on that appealed to me.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Sky Arts on 09:39 - Mar 7 with 965 viewsLord_Lucan

Sky Arts on 08:33 - Mar 7 by Coastalblue

It's probably the one channel I really miss since having a Sky subscription. I'm a bit of a new romantic/synth pop/soul boy kind of guy but do have fairly eclectic tastes and there was always something on that appealed to me.

I miss Vintage TV - although my family don’t.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Sky Arts on 10:04 - Mar 7 with 942 viewsLord_Lucan

I found that thanks but I couldn’t find The Jam.

I did find a loads of classic Tales of the Unexpected though. 👍

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Sky Arts on 10:23 - Mar 7 with 928 viewsGaryCooper

Decent, but Rude Boy is better and captures the times and music better IMO, it also shows the lead wearing a jacket with the finest band from Ipswich painted on it's back The Adicts.
Sky Arts on 10:25 - Mar 7 with 923 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sky Arts on 10:04 - Mar 7 by Lord_Lucan

I found that thanks but I couldn’t find The Jam.

I did find a loads of classic Tales of the Unexpected though. 👍

The Jam doc was good. The Style Council doc was even better. Plus theyreformed at the end for one song. DC Lee has seen better days though.

Try to find the David Crosby doc. Very good. Plus on Sky they have a Laurel Canyon two parter which is excellent.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Arts on 10:31 - Mar 7 with 908 viewsLord_Lucan

Sky Arts on 10:25 - Mar 7 by GlasgowBlue

The Jam doc was good. The Style Council doc was even better. Plus theyreformed at the end for one song. DC Lee has seen better days though.

Try to find the David Crosby doc. Very good. Plus on Sky they have a Laurel Canyon two parter which is excellent.

The Jam doc is brilliant.

I’ll have a look for the Crosby one. I think it was Guy Pratt’s book I read recently which detailed what a complete drug machine Crosby was.

Edit. It might have been Dougal Butlers
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 10:33]

Sky Arts on 10:42 - Mar 7 with 890 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sky Arts on 10:31 - Mar 7 by Lord_Lucan

The Jam doc is brilliant.

I’ll have a look for the Crosby one. I think it was Guy Pratt’s book I read recently which detailed what a complete drug machine Crosby was.

Edit. It might have been Dougal Butlers
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 10:33]

Crosby is an utter tw@t as well. And he quite happily admits to it.

Iron Lion Zion

Sky Arts on 11:15 - Mar 7 with 861 viewsLord_Lucan

Sky Arts on 10:42 - Mar 7 by GlasgowBlue

Crosby is an utter tw@t as well. And he quite happily admits to it.

I saw him doing the backing vocals to Gilmour at The Royal Albert Hall a few years back.

Bowie came on and sang See Emily Play and Comfortably Numb - it was his last performance - in UK at least.

I have never listen to CSN much - preferred Neil Young anyway. I wonder if there is a doc about CSN&Y???

Sky Arts on 11:38 - Mar 7 with 849 viewssoupytwist

Sky Arts on 08:33 - Mar 7 by Coastalblue

Don't need a Sky subscription, it's channel 11 on Freeview - been on Freeview for a few months now.
Sky Arts on 11:38 - Mar 7 with 849 viewsblueislander

Sky Arts on 10:23 - Mar 7 by GaryCooper

Decent, but Rude Boy is better and captures the times and music better IMO, it also shows the lead wearing a jacket with the finest band from Ipswich painted on it's back The Adicts.

Wrong mate. The finest band to come out of Ipswich was Nick and the Nomads.
Sky Arts on 12:15 - Mar 7 with 830 viewsDebsyAngel

Sky Arts on 09:39 - Mar 7 by Lord_Lucan

I miss Vintage TV - although my family don’t.

Loved Vintage - especially the odd videos they chose! Was discussing this last night with some facebook mates, those creepy 1930s cartoons, One what stuck out for me was the one they used for "Hurdy Gurdy Man" by Donovan! Saw a similar strange old cartoon video for a Chi Lites song on Now 70s - The Essential No. 3s - that I recorded.

I miss Vintage, won a TShirt and car sticker from them when they first came out, but finding Now 70s and Now 80s and all the stuff on Sky Arts/BBC4 more than adequate replacements for my music viewing.
Sky Arts on 12:19 - Mar 7 with 825 viewsurbanblue

Sky Arts on 11:15 - Mar 7 by Lord_Lucan

I saw him doing the backing vocals to Gilmour at The Royal Albert Hall a few years back.

Bowie came on and sang See Emily Play and Comfortably Numb - it was his last performance - in UK at least.

I have never listen to CSN much - preferred Neil Young anyway. I wonder if there is a doc about CSN&Y???

Type anything into YouTube these days and something will come up mate!

Edit ... Seems to be coming up as an error. Anyway, it's on YouTube if you search CSN&Y Documentary.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 12:28]
Sky Arts on 12:25 - Mar 7 with 801 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sky Arts on 11:15 - Mar 7 by Lord_Lucan

Both the Crosby and the Laurel Canyon docs devote quote a bit of time to Neil Young. It was Crosby who gave Young the newspaper that had the story about the Kent State shootings. Within ten minutes Young had written Ohio.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024