Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where do you think we will REALISTICALLY finish this season? 11:05 - Mar 23 with 2146 viewsitfcpaul

I have had a look at the run in we have, and it certainly does seem like we have a fairly easy run in compared to some others, especially Peterborough, and honestly think we have a great chance of finishing in the play-offs, I think the top 2 is out of the question but we certainly have enough to get into the top 6, I am saying somewhere in positions 4-6

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Where do you think we will REALISTICALLY finish this season? on 16:02 - Mar 23 with 199 viewsTieDyedIn95

I was blasted for saying 7th at the start of the season as I am and always have been firmly in our squad is bang average camp but now I think I may have been far too optimistic with my assumption we'd do that well. I think we're in for a miserable few weeks where we lose to a few of the guff teams in this league and we gradually see the enthusiasm drain from our new manager for this project.

Saying that, Cook needs 100% of our backing next season to do what is needed to fix this club. We shouldn't be throwing rocks at any manager now, the problem is Evans, so if we're to protest and be angry about anyone it's the man at the top. Lambert may have sealed his fate with his attitude but he was by no means 100% of the problem as a few made him out to be. We recruited mid-table League One players and League Two players and muddled them in with our largely injury prone youth prospects, what do we expect to achieve with that?

Cook needs the support. If Evans refuses to back him and the best we can manage is a free transfer from the Scottish leagues or worse then frankly Evans can do one. We should be recruiting the best players from this league and out of favour Championship players, not any old rubbish.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Where do you think we will REALISTICALLY finish this season? on 16:06 - Mar 23 with 194 viewsWallingford_Boy

Where do you think we will REALISTICALLY finish this season? on 16:01 - Mar 23 by clive_baker

Are Oxford a much better side? I would say the best 3 sides in the league have found themselves in the top 3, the rest are about as average as each other on the evidence I've seen.

I'd say so, but its all about opinions, they had that SHOCKING start remember, but are building some momentum.

I'd say Sunderland and Peterborough are better than Hull, possibly Lincoln too, so the league table as it is right now doesn't tell the full story.

But yeah, if we do sneak into 6th place I'd be amazed.

But boy would I love to be wrong!

RIP Sir Bobby

Where do you think we will REALISTICALLY finish this season? on 17:00 - Mar 23 with 167 viewsX0Y0

Before Portsmouth, I was quietly confident of 5th - 6th given the remaining fixtures, however now I think 6th - 8th.

I think that loss may have have had a big impact, both from a points perspective (genuine 6 pointer vs a play off contender) and also psychologically. If I was to bet I would say 7th.
Where do you think we will REALISTICALLY finish this season? on 17:06 - Mar 23 with 161 viewschrismakin

Honestly. Saturday will tell me how we will end the season.

Win.and we will go on a run.

Lose. And it's over. Time to look at next season as clearly we wont do anything more this season.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024